When motorcyclists and passengers experience an accident, they are often thrown from the fast-moving vehicle with nothing to absorb their impact with the road, another vehicle, or object but the clothes on their bodies and, hopefully, a helmet.
If you sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident, enlist the expertise of a Peachtree Corners motorcycle accident lawyer from John Foy & Associates. The losses incurred by the accident demand compensation, and your lawyer will work to secure that compensation for you.
Motorcycle Accidents in Georgia
Statistics collected by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) place Gwinnett County third on the list of Georgia’s five counties with the highest number of motorcycle crashes. Gwinnett county saw 230 motorcycle crashes for a recent full year of data collection. The Atlanta Metropolitan Region at large, comprising 10 counties including Gwinnett, saw 1655 crashes, accounting for 42% of all motorcycle accidents in the state.
The National Safety Commission (NSC) reports a decade-long increase in motorcycle accident injuries and deaths nationwide.
Get the strong arm
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in the Peachtree Corners Area
Motorcycle accidents are often the result of reckless driving, speeding, or driving under the influence, either by the motorcycle driver or the operator of another involved vehicle.
Weather conditions, damaged roads, non-working traffic signals, or poorly lit or marked roads pose a danger to all drivers, but especially motorcyclists. Motorcycles are less stable than passenger cars, making wet, icy, or potholed roads even more treacherous. Lane changes, merges, and turns are also more dangerous for motorcyclists. The vehicles’ smaller size makes them less visible to other drivers and more likely to take a hit.
When a motorcycle encounters a fast turn or loose gravel on the road, they are far more likely to lose control or skid than other vehicles.
Typical Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
Though helmets offer much-needed protection, they can only do so much to protect the head and brain from a high-speed, violent impact. Riders and passengers are likely to sustain severe, even catastrophic, injuries from motorcycle accidents.
- Injuries to upper and lower extremities, including broken bones, crushed limbs, lacerations, and amputations.
- Head and brain trauma
- Injuries to the chest and abdomen, including damage to internal organs.
- Neck and spinal cord damage, sometimes leading to paralysis.
- Road rashes that can become infected.
- Facial injuries and disfigurement.
Why You Need A Peachtree Corners Motorcycle Accident Attorney
It is easy to imagine the fear and confusion victims experience following a motorcycle accident. Their injuries bring pain, a long series of medical interventions, financial concerns, and fears about what the future holds. Attempting to build a case and manage all required legal maneuvering while in that state and without legal background is a mistake that will cost time and effort and possibly even a fair settlement.
Once safe and under a doctor’s care, call a motorcycle accident lawyer in Peachtree Corners. With the legal expertise attorneys from John Foy & Associates are known for, your lawyer will shoulder the responsibilities of your case.
- Determining negligence: Knowing whose negligence caused your injuries is essential to the success of your case. The at-fault party may be another driver, a government entity, or a vehicle or part manufacturer.
- Filing the claim: Georgia has a two-year statute of limitations for filing injury claims. That timeframe shrinks if your claim is against a government entity or municipality.
- Gathering evidence: Your lawyer knows where to find, how to access, and how to present evidence. If video or photo footage from public cameras or input from motorcycle or medical experts, witnesses, and caregivers will help your case, your lawyer will secure that evidence.
- Valuing your case: An experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Peachtree Corners will consider all elements of your situation: the severity of your injuries and property damage, your prognosis, lost income and lost potential earnings, loss of quality of life, emotional distress, and all other factors specific to your case when determining its financial value.
- Steering negotiations: While you focus on healing, your lawyer will handle all communication with the at-fault parties and their insurance representatives and even your own insurance company. Insurance companies do not want to make large payouts and often try to convince vulnerable victims to accept paltry settlements or resort to dishonesty to avoid blame.
- Advocating at Trial Proceedings: If at-fault parties refuse to make an acceptable offer, you may decide to take your case to court. If you do, your Peachtree Corners motorcycle accident lawyer will represent you at all trial proceedings.
A Just Settlement Can Secure Your Financial Future
A financial settlement brings relief to many of the areas of your life affected by your injuries.
Your Medical Care
Medical care and costs are expensive. When someone else’s negligence caused the injuries that created those expenses, you should not have to pay them. The compensation you receive can cover your current and future accident-related medical needs.
Your Financial Stability
Your injuries may keep you out of work for the short- or long-term, and perhaps even permanently. Without an income, you need other resources to pay your bills and support your household. A settlement can recoup lost wages and cover lost future earnings.
Your Emotional Condition
The physical damage of your injuries will probably lead to emotional distress. You may face reduced mobility or cognitive function or other consequences, causing emotional suffering for you and your loved ones. A settlement can provide access to counseling or other opportunities that mitigate that suffering.
Your Property Damage
Your motorcycle may need extensive repair or may simply be totaled. Either way, your settlement can cover the damage or replace the bike.
The Strong Arm of Georgia Is Ready to Take Your Case
After a motorcycle accident, you need the help and expertise of a Peachtree Corners motorcycle accident attorney. Look no further than John Foy & Associates. Click on our contact page to call or send us a request for a free consultation. Known as the “Strong Arm of Georgia,” our team is ready to fight for the settlement you deserve.