If you’ve suffered any kind of injury in Powder Springs, you may have a right to a full financial recovery. Your recovery can cover the costs of your medical bills, missing work, and other damages caused by your accident.
Many people have a right to this recovery and never even realize it—essentially taking an award of $10,000 or more and leaving it on the table. Don’t let yourself get stuck paying for an injury that wasn’t your fault. You need to speak to a Powder Springs personal injury attorney.
At John Foy & Associates, we have the experience and knowledge to help. We’ve been winning cases on behalf of injury victims for more than 20 years, and have earned a reputation as one of Georgia’s most successful personal injury law firms. Let us put our team to work for you. When you call, we’ll give you a free consultation to discuss your case and answer all your questions—with no obligation to continue.
Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get your FREE consultation today.
What to Do After an Injury in Powder Springs
Taking action after an injury can be intimidating. You may already be dealing with pain, stress, and financial worries. But asserting your rights does not have to be hard. There are just two simple steps you need to take to protect your right to a financial recovery:
- Take the time to speak to a lawyer. The hardest thing about our job is that we know there are countless accident victims who are entitled to tens of thousands of dollars and never get it—simply because they never try. Remember, you cannot count on the insurance company to pay you what is fair, or even to give you honest answers about your rights. They have a strong incentive to pay you as little as possible, even if it won’t end up covering all of your medical bills. When you talk to a lawyer, you suddenly have a legal professional on your side, and you can get the full picture. Always talk to a lawyer after any accident or injury.
- Don’t sign the paperwork the insurance company gives you. Insurance companies will use many tactics to try to get you to accept a lowball offer. For example, they might offer you a check right away after your injury, when you don’t know how much everything will cost. Or, they might wait months until you really feel the financial pressure of your medical bills, and then offer you a quick payment. No matter what, these offers always come with a waiver that says you give up your rights. Don’t sign anything, don’t accept a check, and don’t give a recorded statement until you have spoken to a lawyer.
Get the strong arm
How do I Know If I Have a Strong Claim?
Every injury claim is unique. The best thing you can do is to get a professional opinion from a lawyer. A good personal injury lawyer will have experience with hundreds of injury cases, and they will know what to expect in your particular claim. They can tell you how strong of a case you have and what your financial recovery is likely to be worth.
The key to any personal injury claim is negligence. Negligence just means carelessness: if someone else was careless, and that led to your injury, then the accident is not your fault and you have a case. This can take many different forms:
- Soda is spilled in a food court and no one who works there cleans it up
- A driver swerves into your lane with no warning
- An apartment building never bothers to fix a loose railing on the staircase
These are situations that put people in real danger. Nobody meant to do anything bad, and in most cases, no crime was committed. But in all of these examples, someone failed to take basic actions to protect the rest of us. If a situation like this leads to an injury, it’s a valid personal injury claim.
Under this definition, almost any kind of accident could be a valid claim. The most common types of injuries we see are:
- Car and truck accidents
- Pedestrian or bicyclist hit by a car
- Slip and fall accidents
- Injuries from a criminal assault
- Injuries in nursing homes
- Dangerous products
- Harmful prescription drugs
- Pharmacy misfills a prescription
- Medical malpractice
Do I Have to Go to Court for My Personal Injury Claim in Powder Springs?
Occasionally it does happen. If the insurance company refuses to bargain, we may recommend taking the case to the local courts. We only do this if we believe you have a strong case. If you do go to trial, we will handle everything for you.
Thankfully, this is uncommon. Most personal injury cases are resolved at the negotiation table. When we negotiate for you, we go armed with a full investigation of your injury and supporting evidence for every detail. We know exactly what you need and we hammer away at the insurance company until we get it. In many cases we can get you a fair financial recovery without ever going to court.
How Much does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in Powder Springs?
We make it as accessible as possible. Our promise is simple:
- Your consultation is always FREE
- You pay nothing out of pocket
- You pay us nothing, ever, if we don’t win you money
If we win you a financial recovery, we are paid as a percentage and you keep the rest. We believe this is the best system because it gives you absolutely no risk.
How Long do I Have to File an Injury Case in Powder Springs?
There are deadlines. Deadlines in the City of Powder Springs are set by state and federal laws known as statutes of limitations. The exact amount of time you have depends on the details of your case; at most you have two years, but in many cases it’s only a matter of weeks. This is why it’s so important to talk to a lawyer right away.
Talk to a Powder Springs Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
We founded John Foy & Associates with one mission: to help those who are injured. Let us help you by giving you a FREE consultation on your case. Your consultation is your chance to ask questions, get answers, and understand what options you have going forward.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.