If you were injured in Albany through no fault of your own, you don’t have to suffer financially. You can recover money to pay for your medical bills, missed paychecks and ongoing costs of recovery. You need to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
John Foy & Associates has two decades’ experience helping injured people. In the beginning, we were just a small law office, but we have grown into a large, thriving law firm that’s known for taking a tough position with insurance companies. They even call us “the Strong Arm” for our ability to get our clients the money they need. Let us offer you a free consultation to discuss your claim and show you how we can help. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
Is there anything I can do to protect my legal rights after an injury?
Until you have hired a lawyer to handle your case, it’s up to you to be your own advocate and guard your legal rights. We recommend two important steps for anyone who has suffered an injury that is not their fault:
- Don’t take money or sign anything right away. Insurance companies seem helpful and cooperative when they offer you money in the first days after your injury. Don’t fall for this trick. Insurance companies don’t like to pay out any more money than they absolutely have to. Their offer of “quick cash” is meant to tempt you into signing away your right to more money. They do this because they know you’ve haven’t had a chance to find out how much money you might really need to pay for your treatment and lost work time. Never accept a check, sign paperwork or make a statement to the insurance company without talking to a lawyer.
- Set up a consultation with a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury lawyer regularly handles claims by injured people. An experienced lawyer will be able to tell you how strong your claim is and will have connections to doctors who can evaluate your injuries and predict what they will cost, long term. A lawyer will help you get the information you need to evaluate an insurance company offer, and a lawyer will investigate your case and negotiate for you. Seeing a lawyer can mean you ultimately get tens of thousands of dollars that you wouldn’t have been able to get on your own.
to find a John Foy office near you
How do I know if I really have a personal injury claim?
After an injury, many people react by blaming themselves for being clumsy. Or they think the accident was just unlucky. But that’s not how the law sees your accident. Legally, most accidents are caused by someone’s negligence. This means that someone was not as careful as he or she should have been, or was not paying attention, or was breaking a law or neglecting a legal duty. When someone is negligent, you have a valid claim, even if the negligent person didn’t mean to hurt anyone. The person who was negligent is legally liable and their insurance company must pay your costs.
Negligence is the basis of many common types of injury claims, including these:
- Car, truck and bus accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists being hit by a car
- Mugging injuries
- Injures caused by nursing home neglect
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful medications
This list isn’t complete. If you suffered a different type of injury, you may still have a valid claim.
Albany Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Albany Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Will I have to file a lawsuit to win my Albany personal injury claim?
We rarely have to go to court to get our clients the money they deserve. Occasionally, however, an insurance company is stubborn and won’t negotiate with us unless we file a lawsuit. Insurance companies have their own lawyers, who may overestimate the insurance company’s chance of winning at trial. If this happens in your case, we will give you our honest opinion about your chances of winning in the local courts. It’s up to you whether to file a lawsuit at that point. If you do take your case to court, we have top-notch litigation lawyers who will represent you all the way.
But that’s not how things play out for most of our clients. Usually, we negotiate with the insurance company and resolve your case before any court action is ever filed. In fact, at John Foy & Associates, we’re known for our hard-line negotiations. We work hard to get the facts we need to persuade the insurance company. We do our own investigations, recreating what happened and finding out exactly what injuries you have and what they will cost. Then we can present solid evidence to the insurance company—frequently winning a large financial recovery.
How much will a personal injury lawyer cost in Albany?
An injury can mean a lot of financial uncertainty for you and your family. So we don’t think it’s right to ask you to pay up-front for a lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates, we have a payment structure that guarantees you won’t have to pay anything up-front:
- You can come in and consult with us at no charge.
- We will not charge you anything out of pocket for our legal help
- We will not charge you at all unless we win money for you
If we do recover money in your case, we’ll deduct our fee as a percentage, and everything else is yours. This lets you put a professional on your team without forcing you to take yet another financial risk.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Albany, call 404-400-4000
How much time to I have to file my injury claim in Albany?
The City of Albany follows strict deadlines set by federal and state laws. These deadlines, known as “statutes of limitations” are important because if you file your claim after the statute of limitation expires, it will probably be dismissed in court and you will not get another chance to recover money for your injuries.
But not every case has the same time limit. Statutes of limitations vary depending on the facts of your accident. There’s a good chance you have two years to file your claim, but it’s also possible that you’ll only have a few weeks.
Talk to an Albany Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, our entire law practice is devoted to helping people who have been injured. Let us show you how we can put our 20 years of experience to work for you. We’ll sit down with you to talk about your injuries and answer your questions. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.