Another individual should face consequences for their negligence if a person was injured as a result. If you’ve suffered injuries relating to an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be able to recover money for costs including missed work time and medical bills.
Don’t accept the responsibility on your own. The personal injury lawyers in Lawrenceville at John Foy & Associates have your back. We will work on your behalf to battle insurance companies, obtain evidence, and win you a fair and just settlement or court award.
Types of Claims Our Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyers Represent
Most accidents are a result of negligence. Negligence simply means that someone else could have prevented your accident if they were more careful, thoughtful, or attentive. The fact that they were negligent does not mean they did anything intentionally wrong, but it does mean that their insurance is liable for the cost of your injuries.
The most common types of claims that our Lawrenceville personal injury attorneys see include:
- Car accidents, truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Pedestrian hit by a car
- Premises liability
- Neglect and mistreatment in nursing homes
- Injuries caused by a defective medical device
However, nearly any type of injury can qualify as a claim in the right circumstances.
to find a John Foy office near you
What to Do After a Personal Injury to Protect Your Rights
The days after an injury are stressful. There’s physical pain, mounting financial worries, and in some cases, you may be facing an injury that will never fully heal. Don’t let this period of confusion and uncertainty derail your life. There are two simple things you should do after an injury to protect your rights:
- Don’t accept a check, sign any paperwork, or give a statement to the insurance company until you have gotten legal advice on your claim. Often, the first thing the insurance company will do after your injury is offer you fast cash. While this offer may be tempting, they are likely offering you far less than what your damages are worth.
- Take the time to talk to a personal injury lawyer. When a lawyer offers a free consultation, there is absolutely no harm in going in and discussing your case. It could lead to recovering substantially more money.
Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Types of Damages You Can Seek in a Personal Injury Claim
In your personal injury lawsuit, you can seek compensation for losses you have endured as a result of your suffering a personal injury. Some of the damages to which you may be entitled include:
- Medical expenses, including prescription costs, costs related to physical therapy, and transportation to and from doctor appointments
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress
- Loss of consortium, if you lost a loved one
- Disfigurement and/or long-term or permanent disabilities
Experienced personal injury attorneys in Lawrenceville will review your claim and ensure nothing gets left out.
Going to Court for Personal Injury Cases
In most cases you will not have to go to court. Occasionally insurance companies will refuse to settle. This is either because they are overconfident in the evidence they have, or because they think they can convince a jury to not take your injury seriously. If it’s worth it to take your claim all the way to the local courts, your attorney can handle every step of the process.
During settlement negotiations, your personal injury lawyer can confront the insurance company with evidence, such as opinions from medical experts, an assessment of all long-term costs of your injury, and conduct an investigation into how the injury happened, to drive up the amount offered. In many cases, you can get a fair recovery without ever going to court.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lawrenceville, call 404-400-4000
Benefits of Working With a Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer
Insurance companies and the courts tend to take your claim more seriously if you have legal representation. They know a lawyer can help you gather evidence you might not otherwise be able to gather on your own.
A lawyer knows just what to look for and what to use to help you build the strongest case possible. For instance, having a lawyer on your side means:
- You can better determine who was liable for the accident.
- You can gather more evidence, including medical documentation and evidence at the scene, to prove the extent of your injuries.
- You can hire expert witnesses to represent your best interests at trial, if necessary.
- You can trust your lawyer to communicate with the insurance company so that you don’t say anything that could potentially harm your case.
A personal injury attorney in Lawrenceville can ensure your best interests and legal rights are protected in your case from start to finish.
Costs to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Lawrenceville
You shouldn’t have to pay anything out of pocket to get legal representation. Many reputable and experienced personal injury lawyers in Lawrenceville follow a simple payment structure:
- Your first consultation, and every consultation, is free
- You pay nothing out of pocket for legal services, ever
- If you don’t win money, you owe your attorneys nothing
The only way your attorney collects any fee is if they are successful in recovering money for you. Then they are paid a percentage of the recovery and you keep the rest. There is zero risk for you.
Deadline to File an Injury Claim in Georgia
In the City of Lawrenceville, personal injury lawsuit deadlines are set by both Georgia state law and U.S. federal law. The statute of limitations will depend on the type of case you have:
- Some types of claims have up to two years from the date of the accident
- Others may have only weeks
It’s so important to act quickly and talk to a lawyer. If you fail to file your case before this deadline expires, you risk having your claim being dismissed and could be prevented from recovering damages.
Proving Liability in a Personal Injury Case
In order to receive compensation for your damages, you may need to first prove that the other party was responsible for your damages. A personal injury attorney in Lawrenceville can investigate your accident and gather any of the following evidence to substantiate your claim:
- Medical reports
- Photos and videos
- Statements from witnesses
- Expert testimony
- Surveillance video from the accident scene
- Accident and police reports
This evidence may allow you and your legal team to identify those responsible for the accident and hold them accountable for paying you what they owe.
Talk to a Lawrenceville Personal Injury Lawyer for FREE
John Foy & Associates was founded for one reason: to help those who were injured. We are one of the largest and most respected personal injury law firms in the state and have earned a reputation as the “Strong Arm law firm” for our tough stance toward insurance companies.
We have over 20 years of experience fighting for the rights of those who were injured. Our Lawrenceville personal injury lawyers can assist you with any kind of injury claim. Call us or fill out our online form and get your free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys today.