If you have been hurt in Alpharetta, you may be facing rising medical bills, missed time from work, and a dwindling bank account. But if your injuries weren’t your fault, you may be entitled to cash that will help you pay for your care and get back on your feet. You should get in touch with a lawyer right away.
At John Foy & Associates, helping injured people is our business, and we’ve been at it for over 20 years. From our beginnings as a small local law office to our status today as one of the top law firms in Georgia, we have never lost our focus on injured people. In fact, we’re known as “the Strong Arm” for our successful track record and tough stance with insurance companies. We offer a free consultation to show you how we can put those skills to work for you. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What should I do if I was injured in Alpharetta?
Always look after your own best interests—even if you think your injuries are minor. The two best things we can recommend after any injury are:
- NEVER sign papers from the insurance company. Insurance companies love to come in and offer injured people money right away. But this money comes with heavy strings attached: if you take it, you will probably have to sign away your right to ever recover anything else. This means that if you suffer complications or find out your injury is worse than you thought, you will be stuck with that first amount the insurance company offered. Never take money right away. Always talk to a qualified personal injury lawyer first.
- ALWAYS talk to a lawyer as soon as you can after your injury. This is true even if you think you weren’t hurt badly and even if you think the injury was your own fault. An experienced lawyer has seen cases like yours before and is in a good position to tell you if you have a good claim. A lawyer can also refer you to medical professionals who can diagnose you and estimate the long-term cost of your injury. Just getting a lawyer involved can mean tens of thousands of dollars of difference in the financial recovery you receive.
How do I know if I have a valid personal injury claim?
The best way to find out if you have a valid claim is to schedule a consultation with a personal injury lawyer. It’s hard to objectively evaluate your own injury, and we find that many injured people think they’re responsible, or they blame it on chance. But legally, someone else is probably at fault. In many car accidents, slips and falls and other common injury cases, the injury wouldn’t have happened if someone had been more careful or obeyed the law. This is known as negligence, and someone can be negligent even if they didn’t intend to harm anyone. When someone is negligent, their insurance must pay for your injuries.
We often see personal injury claims for injuries caused by:
- Accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles
- Slipping or tripping and falling
- Cars hitting pedestrians or bicyclists
- Assaults such as muggings
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Product defects
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
There are many other types of injures that can prompt a successful personal injury claim.
Alpharetta Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Will I have to take my personal injury claim to court in Alpharetta?
It’s rare for personal injury claims to wind up in court, but it does happen. Usually this is because an insurance company simply can’t be persuaded to negotiate unless a court case is filed. For example, the insurance company’s lawyers may overestimate the strength of the evidence, or underestimate your credibility as a witness. In the unlikely event this happens to you, we will explain the situation and the risks and likely outcome of going to the local courts. Then its up to you to decide. Whatever course you choose, we will be with you the whole way.
Most of our cases are resolved through our negotiations with the insurance company. At John Foy & Associates, we are known for being able to muscle insurance companies into giving our clients the money they truly deserve. We can do this because we come prepared. By the time we get to the bargaining table, we’ve already conducted our own investigation, gathered medical information and assembled hard evidence showing how your injury happened and what it will cost. This may be all we need to do to win you a significant amount of money.
How much will I have to pay a personal injury lawyer in Alpharetta?
We don’t think you should be paying your lawyer when you have so many other stresses on your family and your finances.
Instead, John Foy & Associates has a simple plan to make good legal help accessible to everyone:
- We don’t charge for our initial consultation.
- We won’t ask you to pay us out of pocket.
- We won’t charge you anything—ever—unless we win money for you.
If we get you a financial recovery, we will deduct a percentage at the end. You keep the rest. We take the risk to make sure you get the help you need, as quickly as possible.
What is the deadline for filing an injury claim in Alpharetta?
Several different deadlines might apply in the City of Alpharetta, depending on how your injury happened and who is at fault. These deadlines, known as statutes of limitations, are created by state and federal law. Many injured people have two years from the date of their injury to file a claim. But you can’t assume that this deadline will apply to you. Your own deadline may be much shorter—possibly only a matter of weeks.
Talk to an Alpharetta Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we have just one goal: to help injured people. A lawyer can be the key to getting the money you need to heal and build a secure future. Let us give you a free consultation to explain your rights and get you started on the path to financial recovery. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.
If you live near Roswell, Ga and need a personal injury lawyer, please visit our Roswell Personal Injury page.