If you’ve been injured in Peachtree Corners, you may have a right to a large financial recovery. Your financial recovery can help you pay for medical costs, lost work time and other damages related to your injury. Many kinds of accidents and injuries will qualify—but that doesn’t mean the insurance company is quick to pay out. Don’t let yourself be deprived of the money you deserve, or stuck with the bill for an injury that wasn’t your fault. Talk to a Peachtree Corners personal injury attorney.
At John Foy & Associates, we can help. We’ve been winning cases for injury victims for over 20 years, and we have built up a name as one of the most respected and capable law firms in Georgia. Let us give you a free consultation, where we can answer your questions and help you understand your legal options. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get your FREE consultation today.
The Two Things You Need to Do after an Injury in Peachtree Corners
The weeks after an injury are extremely difficult. You may be coping with pain, stress, an inability to work, and significant financial worry. Many of the people we work with are unsure of when or if they will ever fully recover, or already know that their injury has changed their life permanently. But you do not have to face this difficult time alone. You have legal rights, and there are simple steps you can take to make sure you protect them.
Take these two simple steps after any accident or injury:
- Take the time to talk to a lawyer. The most difficult thing about financial recoveries is that so many people never even realize they have a valid claim and are eligible for one. This is because many accident victims never take the time to call a lawyer and ask about their situation. You cannot count on the insurance company alone to help you—they have a strong incentive to pay you the lowest amount possible, even if it won’t end up covering all of your costs. Always talk to a lawyer about your injury.
- Don’t sign anything the insurance company gives you. Insurance companies want you to sign away your rights as soon as possible. Whenever they offer you money, no matter how small the amount, it will come with a waiver to sign. They may use different tactics to get you to sign this—such as offering a small amount right away before you know how extensive your injuries are, or waiting months and months while your bills stack up before offering you a pittance. Never sign anything from the insurance company, including a check, until you have spoken with a lawyer.
to find a John Foy office near you
How do I know if I have a strong case?
The most important rule is not to blame yourself or assume there is nothing you can do. Many people have a very strong claim and never realize it because they don’t take the time to investigate. When a lawyer looks at your claim, they draw on their experience with hundreds of other cases and they can give you a clear idea of what to expect—how strong your case is, how much money you may be able to recover, and your chances of winning.
The key to any personal injury claim is a concept called negligence. Negligence simply means carelessness or recklessness. If someone was careless, and that carelessness led to your injury, then you have a valid case and are eligible for a financial recovery.
Some examples of recklessness include:
- A building manager doesn’t replace a burnt-out light in a dark stairwell
- A driver aggressively changes lanes with no turn signal
- A restaurant has a freshly mopped bathroom floor but doesn’t use a “wet floor” sign to warn people
All of these situations put someone in danger. Nobody meant to do any harm, but someone failed to take basic, common-sense precautions to protect people. If this carelessness results in an injury, it meets the legal definition of negligence and the injured person has the right to a recovery.
Almost any kind of injury can count under this definition. The most common types of injuries we see include:
- Car accidents
- Cars hitting cyclists or pedestrians
- Tripping or falling
- Being injured in an assault
- Nursing home neglect
- Dangerous products
- Dangerous prescription drugs
- Misfilled prescriptions
- Medical malpractice
Peachtree Corners Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
Do I have to go to court for my personal injury claim in Peachtree Corners?
It’s not common, but it does sometimes happen. If the insurance company absolutely refuses to bargain, or offers only an unfairly small amount, then we may advise you that it’s worth taking the matter all the way to the local courts. This choice is always yours to make. If you choose to proceed to trial, we will handle the whole process for you.
But in most cases it never goes that far. It’s much more common for us to win by crushing the insurance company at the bargaining table. We have earned the nickname “The Strong Arm law firm” because we are tough negotiators who back up every argument with detailed, solid evidence. We push the insurance company to offer you more money, and this is often all it takes to get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost in Peachtree Corners?
We believe you should pay nothing out of pocket for legal representation. That’s why we don’t charge hourly fees. Our payment terms are simple:
- Every consultation is FREE
- You pay nothing out of pocket
- You owe us nothing if we don’t win you money
If we get you a financial recovery, we take our fee as a percentage and you keep everything else. We believe this is the fairest system because it gives you zero risk.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Peachtree Corners, call 404-800-4408
How much time do I have to file an injury case in Peachtree Corners?
The timeline is short. The City of Peachtree Corners uses deadlines set by the state of Georgia and the federal government. The exact deadline will depend on what type of case you have. At most, you may have up to two years to file a claim. But in many cases you have only a few weeks from the date of your injury. Missing the deadline means you lose your chance to recover money. This is why it’s crucial to talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Peachtree Corners Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates was founded with one mission: to help people who have been injured. Let us help you. We will give you a free consultation and help you make an informed decision on your case—whether you hire us or not. Don’t wait. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.