Lawyers in Atlanta concentrate on different areas of the law, which is why it’s important that you research attorneys before hiring one to represent you. Social Security disability attorneys understand and are familiar with the hearing process for a Social Security claim, but a lawyer who doesn’t have this experience may not have that advantage.
John Foy & Associates have that advantage. Contact us today to learn more.
What is Social Security disability?
When someone is injured on the job, there is a lot that they are unsure about, and there is a lot of things that they do not know until after the fact. One of the things that is important to educate yourself about, especially if you are a worker here in the United States, is the idea of social security disability. There are a lot of things that people may not know about this system in Atlanta, and it is important that you learn all that you can in case you wind up being injured on the job.
Social security disability is a type of insurance that the government provides to workers who have been injured on the job, and who are not going to be able to return to their regular jobs for the foreseeable future. For these injured workers who are not able to hold down any kind of employment, there has to be a way for them to be able to pay their bills and take care of their families, and the government has provided this system as a means for doing that. The system is not in any way perfect, but it is something that was meant originally to help people.
to find a John Foy office near you
Why hire a disability lawyer in Georgia?
A lawyer is useful for many reasons when it comes to a denied disability claim. A lawyer can charge if you:
- Are not familiar with the filing process.
- Get overwhelmed by the paperwork or process.
- Want to increase your odds of being approved.
- Were previously denied benefits and want to appeal.
- Need to uncover documents or information to give you a slight edge of winning.
- Want to ensure you get the legal maximum financial gain.
Many times, an accident can’t be prevented, whether they occur at work or in any other type of accident and when they happen you may be out of work for a long time or indefinite. Which can lead to losing your home, not being able to pay the bills, and possibly your family going hungry. Don’t let this happen to you. If you were hurt, contact a seasoned attorney who specializes in social security litigation.
If you were injured and can’t work, you need a lawyer on your side that will fight for your rights and the maximum benefits needed to continue living a normal life. John Foy & Associates is the Strong Arm. We will fight for you and get you every dollar you are entitled to and medical benefits that you may need for the rest of your life. Contact us today at 404-400-4000. We are here to help you get all that you and your family are entitled to. We will come to your home or the hospital. See for yourself why we are the number one attorneys in our area.
Atlanta Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Factors that strengthen a disability case in Atlanta
There are several factors that go into qualifying for Social Security disability. If you feel you qualify, or even if you are uncertain if you qualify, call a lawyer. Our team of lawyers will do everything we can to get you the disability benefits that you deserve. If you are wanting to know if you qualify, there are the top 10 ways to do so. As you read this list, however, keep in mind even if you feel you don’t qualify there may be exceptions in your case and you will still want to call us to determine if we can help you qualify. But here are the 10 ten ways people generally qualify:
- You have worked long enough under the SS guidelines.
- You have worked recently enough under SS.
- You have earned enough work credits.
- You are unable to perform the work you did before.
- You are unable to adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your medical condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year.
- You have earned less monthly income this year than the Social Security Limit.
Factors that automatically qualify you for disability benefits
The three factors that will automatically qualify you for disability benefits include:
- If you are found on the “disabling conditions” list by Social Security
- Compassionate allowances for those who have been diagnosed with a serious disease
- Special provisions such as low vision, widowers, disabled children, and wounded warriors
Medical conditions that entitle you to automatic approval
The Social Security Administration’s impairment listing manual (called the blue book) lists a number of impairments, both physical and mental, that will automatically qualify an individual for disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income. If you don’t find yourself in this list of 9 things that automatically qualify you for disability, this does not mean you don’t qualify at all. This is why it is important to call us or fill out our Free Case Evaluation Form for us to look at other factors in your individual case to see if we can get you the benefits you deserve.
In Atlanta, certain conditions automatically qualify you. Some are:
- Musculoskeletal problems, such as back conditions
- Cardiovascular conditions, such as heart failure or coronary artery disease
- Senses and speech issues, such as vision and hearing loss
- Respiratory illnesses, like COPD or asthma
- Neurological disorders, like multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s, or epilepsy
- Mental disorders, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, autism, or retardation
- Immune system disorders, like HIV/AIDS, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Digestive tract problems, like liver disease or IBD
- Kidney disease
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Atlanta, call 404-400-4000
If you were denied Social Security benefits in Atlanta, contact our attorneys for help
When you have been denied SSD and can’t perform your duties at work; you need a lawyer that will fight for your rights and get you the compensation you need. But don’t contact any lawyer; be sure you hire a lawyer who specializes in social security litigation. Having the right representation can be the difference between getting the compensation you will need to keep up with your normal life being denied SS benefits. If you were denied social security benefits and can’t work, hire Georgia social security attorney to fight for you.
If you are disabled and can’t perform your duties at work you are eligible for disability benefits. But the Social Security Administration often denies the majority of disability cases if one fails to fill out the correct forms, misses a deadline, there is suspicion of fraud, criminal convictions, and more. Due to these reasons is why you need a lawyer to ensure you get the money you need in order to pay your bills and still take care of your family, while you are out of work. A skilled attorney has years of experience and understands the filing process to get you and your family much-needed financial and healthcare benefits.
If you were injured and can’t work don’t take any chances contact an experienced attorney to get you the benefits you will need; to ensure you can still eat, pay the bills, and stay in your home while you are out of work. Hiring an attorney is the difference between being approved or denied social security benefits. Contact the Strong Arm Attorney, John Foy, at 404-400-4000 for a free consultation.