Motorcycle accidents in Decatur are among the most dangerous types of crashes. With little to protect them in collisions with other bikers or motor vehicles, personal injuries suffered by motorcyclists have the potential to be devastating. When this type of accident happens to you or someone you love, you can count on John Foy & Associates to provide the caring support and professional legal representation you need to get compensation in a motorcycle accident claim.
A Decator motorcycle accident lawyer has decades’ worth of experience helping injured victims in our community. Known as The Strong Arm throughout Georgia, we get results and have recovered more than $1 billion for clients over the past 20 years. To get the total amount of compensation you need to recover, call or contact us online and request a free consultation today.
Get a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Decatur on Your Side
At John Foy & Associates, we act as a strong legal ally on the side of injured victims and their families, protecting their rights in filing a motorcycle accident claim. A Decatur motorcycle accident attorney provides caring service and trusted legal representation you can count on in the following types of cases:
- Head-on motorcycle accidents: These types of crashes are common on one-way streets, major highways or interstates, and near exit or entrance ramps.
- Rear-end motor accidents: These often happen in heavy traffic and when motorists follow motorcyclists too closely.
- Side-swipe motorcycle accidents: These often occur when drivers fail to look before attempting to switch lanes.
- T-bone motorcycle accidents: Common in intersections, these are among the most dangerous and potentially deadly types of crashes.
In any crash or collision where serious personal injuries happen, you can count on a motorcycle accident attorney in Decatur to hold those at-fault accountable and help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim.
to find a John Foy office near you
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents In Decatur
The state Department of Driver Services (DDS) reports that the number of motorcycle accidents in Georgia has increased dramatically in recent years. As a result, nearly 200 bikers are killed in fatal crashes each year, while more than 4,000 others suffer debilitating personal injuries. Considering the amount of traffic in and around our area, motorcycle accidents in Decatur are a severe risk.
When any motorcycle accident happens and involves you or a loved one, reach out to John Foy & Associates right away. While you focus on your health and the recovery process, a Decatur motorcycle accident lawyer takes the necessary legal actions. We can launch our own investigations into your case to determine exactly why it happened and who is liable for your damages in a motorcycle accident claim.
Based on our decades’ worth of experience, reckless driving behavior on the part of other motorists or motorcyclists is often to blame. This includes:
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating, improper passing, and failing to yield
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals, such as running red lights or stop signs
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones, texting, or engaging in other activities that divert your attention
- Driving under the influence, which often includes alcohol, drugs, and prescription or over the counter medications
Decatur Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Get the Compensation You Need for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Decatur
Even a relatively minor motorcycle accident in Decatur can result in severe personal injuries. Broken bones, burns, crushing injuries, and traumatic injuries to the head or spinal cord are common. These can impact your health and your family’s financial security for years to come. At John Foy & Associates, we help you get the compensation you need to recover.
An experienced Decatur motorcycle accident lawyer provides the trusted legal guidance needed in filing a claim. We gather evidence to show the other driver was to blame and aggressively negotiate with insurance representatives on your behalf. If the at-fault driver is uninsured or their policy fails to cover your costs, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit against them through the Dekalb County Civil Court. Common types of compensation available in a Georgia motorcycle accident lawsuit include:
- Coverage of current and future medical expenses
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Future losses in earnings and benefits in the event of long-term disabilities
- Compensation for your pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries
In cases where the at-fault driver is guilty of gross negligence, such as traveling at excessively high rates of speed or driving with a high blood alcohol content (BAC) level, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. Under the Georgia Code O.C.G.A. §51-12-5.1(b), these can total $250,000 or more. Punitive damages punish the driver and send a message to other motorists, preventing them from engaging in similar behavior.
Request a Free Consultation with a Decatur Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Wondering how much it costs to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer in Decatur? At John Foy & Associates, we work on a contingency basis, meaning no upfront costs. Our fees are automatically included and deducted from your settlement, so you never have to pay out-of-pocket.
As The Strong Arm in Georgia, our goal is to ensure you get the professional legal representation you need during this difficult time. We treat each and every one of our clients with the respect they deserve and have a proven reputation for providing superior service and getting big wins. To find out how we can help you and how much your claim might be worth, reach out and call or contact us online and request a free consultation today.