If you or a loved one is involved in this type of crash, you can count on John Foy & Associates to help you get the compensation you need to recover. An experienced Macon truck accident lawyer is dedicated to ensuring you get the maximum amount for medical care, lost wages, and other losses.
Known as The Strong Arm throughout Georgia, we have recovered over $1 billion in settlements and jury awards for clients over the past 20 years. To discuss your case and your options in filing a claim, call or contact our office online and schedule a free consultation today.
A Macon Truck Accident Lawyer Protects Your Rights
Sharing the road with truckers creates serious risks for motorists. Most big rigs’ large size and bulk make them difficult to maneuver, and there is little margin of error for mistakes. One wrong move can impact drivers in surrounding lanes, resulting in potentially catastrophic personal injuries.
When a truck accident in Macon happens and impacts you or a loved one, you can count on John Foy & Associates to help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. A Macon truck accident attorney protects the rights of victims and their families in the following types of cases:
- Head-on truck accidents: These often happen at night and on local interstates and major highways.
- Jackknife truck accidents: These can happen when traffic, weather, or road conditions prompt a truck driver to slam the brakes. This can cause the truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab at an angle.
- No-zone truck accidents: No zones are significant blind spots in front of, behind, and alongside each side of the truck. When motorists get caught in these blind spots, rear-end and sideswipe accidents can result.
- Rollover truck accidents: These often occur due to unevenly distributed cargo and shifting loads.
- Side impact truck accidents: Otherwise known as t-bone crashes, these are common in intersections.
- Underride truck accidents: When a vehicle crashes into the back of a truck, it can go completely underneath if underride guards are not installed.
to find a John Foy office near you
Truck Accidents Are Different from Car Accidents and Should Be Litigated as Such
Any accident carries the potential for serious personal injuries, but truck accidents in Macon have a greater likelihood of truly catastrophic harm. When fully loaded, a commercial truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. An ordinary passenger car is simply no match for something that large and heavy. Other characteristics that make commercial trucks more dangerous include:
- Drivers in big rigs are less able to make sudden, unexpected spots.
- They are more likely to lose control when going downhill or facing rough road conditions.
- They have difficulty navigating turns and tight spaces, such as narrow streets or parking lots.
- Some trucks carry hazardous or flammable cargo, which can pose risks for the entire community when any truck crash or collision occurs.
Most commercial truck drivers are trained professionals. They drive carefully and obey the law. However, when forced to work long hours with little rest, fatigue can cause potentially fatal errors in judgment.
Reports from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) indicate that speeding, distracted driving, and driving while impaired are all common contributing causes in truck accidents. Failing to maintain the truck correctly creates risks as well. When a truck accident happens due to any of these factors, the driver and the trucking company can be held accountable.
Macon Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 478-400-4000
Get an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Macon on Your Side
Macon-Bibb County follows Georgia law, allowing truck accident victims to get a full financial recovery for their injuries. However, dealing with insurance companies involved often proves challenging. Their main goal is to make a profit, and they will pay you as little as they can to increase their bottom line—even if that means you can’t cover your costs.
At John Foy & Associates, we have extensive experience dealing with trucking companies and insurers. We act as a strong legal advocate, aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf.
Our goal is to get the maximum amount you are entitled to and need to recover from your injuries. If necessary, our Macon truck accident attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to court. Common types of compensation available either through an insurance claim or truck accident lawsuit in Macon include:
- Coverage of current and future medical care
- Reimbursement for lost income and future earnings due to ongoing impairments
- The cost to repair or replace your vehicle
- Compensation for pain, suffering, scarring or disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment in life due to your injuries
We Make It Easy to Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer in Macon
A truck accident lawyer should not cost you anything out of pocket. At John Foy & Associates, our entire law practice is built around helping accident victims. It is unreasonable to have to deal with legal fees during this difficult time, so we have a fee system that lets you get the help you need without worrying about money:
- It costs nothing to consult with us.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs.
- We win, or you pay nothing.
Once we get you the compensation you deserve, we will deduct our fees at the end, and you will keep the lion’s share.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Macon, call 478-400-4000
Contact a Macon Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
Known as The Strong Arm throughout Georgia, we have a reputation for getting big wins. You can count on us to aggressively negotiate with trucking companies, truck drivers, and insurance representatives with the assurance of knowing you pay nothing unless we win for you.
There are important deadlines for filing a truck accident claim in Georgia, so it is crucial to act quickly. Give us a call or contact us online and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you today.