If you or a loved one is involved in a collision with a large truck, you can count on our personal injury law firm to help you get the compensation you need to recover. An experienced Macon truck accident lawyer will ensure you get the maximum amount for medical care, lost wages, and other losses.
Known as “The Strong Arm” throughout Georgia, we have recovered over $1 billion in settlements and jury awards for clients over the past 20 years. To discuss your case and your options for filing a claim, call or contact our office online to schedule a free consultation.
A Macon Truck Accident Lawyer Protects Your Rights
Sharing the road with truckers creates serious risks for motorists. Most big rigs’ large size and bulk make them difficult to maneuver, and there is little margin for error. One wrong move can impact drivers in surrounding lanes, resulting in potentially catastrophic injuries.
When a collision in Macon happens and impacts you or a loved one, you can count on our law firm to help you get the compensation you are entitled to in a claim. Our attorneys protect the rights of victims and their families in the following types of truck accident cases:
- Head-on collisions: These devastating crashes often happen at night and on local interstates and highways.
- Jackknife truck accidents: These dangerous collisions can happen when traffic, weather, or road conditions prompt a truck driver to slam the brakes. This situation can cause the truck trailer to ride up alongside the cab at an angle.
- No-zone truck collisions: “No zones” are significant blind spots in front of, behind, and along each side of the truck. When motorists get caught in these blind spots, rear-end and sideswipe accidents can result.
- Rollover truck accidents: These disastrous incidents can occur due to unevenly distributed cargo and shifting loads.
- Side impact truck crashes: Otherwise known as T-bone crashes, side impact collisions are common in intersections.
- Underride truck accidents: When a vehicle crashes into the back of a truck, it can go completely underneath if underride guards are not installed.
to find a John Foy office near you
Commercial Truck Accidents Are Different from Collisions Involving Only Smaller Vehicles
Any collision carries the potential for severe injuries, but truck accidents have a greater likelihood of causing catastrophic harm. When fully loaded, a commercial truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. An ordinary passenger car is simply no match for something that large and heavy.
Other factors that make commercial trucks more dangerous include the following:
- Drivers in big rigs are less able to make sudden, unexpected stops.
- They are more likely to lose control when going downhill or facing rough road conditions.
- They struggle navigating turns and tight spaces, such as narrow streets or parking lots.
- Many semi-trucks carry hazardous or flammable cargo, which can pose risks for the entire community when a crash or collision occurs.
Most commercial truck drivers are trained professionals who drive carefully and obey the law. However, when truckers work long hours with little rest, fatigue can cause fatal judgment errors.
Truck Accident Statistics
Reports from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) indicate that speeding, distracted driving, and impaired driving are all common contributing causes of truck accidents.
Failing to maintain the truck correctly creates risks as well. When a truck accident happens due to these factors, the driver and the trucking company can be held accountable.
Macon Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 478-400-4000
Get an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer in Macon on Your Side
Macon-Bibb County follows Georgia law, allowing truck accident victims to get a full financial recovery for their injuries. However, dealing with the involved insurance companies often proves challenging.
The main goal of insurers is to make a profit, and they will pay you as little as they can to increase their bottom line, even if that means you can’t cover your costs.
Our legal team has extensive experience dealing with trucking companies and insurance companies. We act as a strong legal advocate, aggressively negotiating with insurance representatives on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages After a Georgia Truck Accident
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in Georgia, you may be entitled to recover damages for a wide range of losses. Truck wrecks can cause serious injuries and property damage, so it is important to understand the types of damages available.
We aim to get you the maximum amount you are entitled to, so you can fully recover from your injuries. Our Macon truck accident attorneys will take your case to court if necessary.
Common damages recoverable through an insurance claim or truck accident lawsuit in Macon include the following:
- Medical expenses: This should include coverage of current and future medical care.
- Lost wages: This can mean reimbursement for lost income and future earnings due to ongoing impairments.
- Property damage: This category typically refers to the cost to repair or replace your vehicle but can cover other items destroyed in the accident.
- Non-economic losses: This refers to intangible damages such as pain, suffering, scarring or disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment.
- Wrongful death expenses: These often include burial and funeral costs plus intangible losses (if a loved one dies due to the crash).
Punitive damages are sometimes awarded to punish the wrongdoer for their actions. These are rare in truck accident cases but may be available in cases of gross negligence or intentional misconduct.
If you have been injured in a truck wreck, it is important to speak with an experienced Macon truck collision lawyer as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your rights and options and ensure that you receive fair compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Macon, call 478-400-4000
We Make it Easy To Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
Our entire law practice is built around helping accident victims, and a personal injury lawyer should not cost you anything out of pocket.
It is unreasonable to have to deal with legal fees during this difficult time, so we have a contingency fee system that lets you get the help you need without worrying about money:
- It costs nothing to consult with us.
- There are no out-of-pocket costs.
- We win, or you pay nothing.
Once we obtain a fair settlement or court award, we will deduct our fees, and you will keep the lion’s share.
Contact a Macon Truck Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
Known as “The Strong Arm” in Georgia, John Foy & Associates has a reputation for getting big wins. You can count on us to aggressively negotiate with trucking companies, truck drivers, and insurance representatives, with the assurance that you pay nothing unless we win for you.
There are time limits for filing a truck accident claim in Georgia, so it is crucial to act quickly. Call or contact us online and request a free consultation to discuss how we can help you today.