John Foy & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers Legal Resources
Top 10 Glossary Legal Definition Under Georgia State Law
Personal injury law has many terms that can be confusing or complicated to understand. John Foy & Associates has compiled a helpful glossary to get you through the “legalease” so you can focus on your case.
- #1. Compensation
- #2. Short Term Disability
- #3. Alternative Dispute Resolution
- #4. Phantom Driver
- #5. Driving Without a License
Common Frequently Asked Questions in Personal Injury Cases or After an Accident in Atlanta, Georgia
Navigate your personal injury case and understand how to better deal with insurance companies. We want to make sure you get answers to frequently asked personal injury questions. Browse our FAQ, which addresses many questions you may have about personal injuries, car accidents, and more.
- Q. What Are the 4 Hidden Disabilities?
- A. Not all disabilities are apparent. Millions of people live with “hidden disabilities” that you can’t see. A hidden disability can affect the sufferer’s life in many ways, making everyday life difficult. There are many types of hidden disabilities. Let’s look at four of the most common ones. Common Types of Hidden Disabilities The Americans with …
- Q. After My Car Accident, Who Should I Call First, a Lawyer or My Insurance Company?
- A. It’s important to hire a personal injury attorney and speak to your insurance company after being in a car accident. When you hire an experienced law firm, like John Foy & Associates, the insurance company will know who they are and how your case is handled will be a huge difference. While you should …
- Q. Are Back Injuries Hard to Prove in a Car Accident Claim?
- A. Back injuries are common in car accidents. They can also be incredibly expensive, physically debilitating, and emotionally traumatic. If you have back pain from an accident, you might deserve compensation for your treatment and more. However, proving that your back injuries are from an accident is often challenging. Just one collision can lead to recurring …
- Q. Who Is At Fault In A Crosswalk Accident In Georgia?
- A. Pedestrians often have the right of way, but it’s a common misconception that they always have that right no matter what. There are situations where the pedestrian must yield to oncoming traffic. In those circumstances, fault for the accident may be on both the driver and the pedestrian. Knowing when those situations occur is vital …
- Q. Can a Car Accident Cause Brain Damage?
- A. Car accidents can cause many different types of injuries. When an accident is severe, brain injuries are some of the most common. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a term that describes several types of damage to the brain. The symptoms of brain damage can look different for each person. After a car accident, it’s crucial …
- Q. Am I Eligible for the 3M Combat Arms Earplugs Lawsuit?
- A. Notice: Thank you for visiting our informational page regarding 3M Earplugs cases. At this time we can no longer take 3M Earplugs cases. However, if you feel that you have any questions about other defective medical devices, dangerous drugs, recalls, or any additional legal concerns that we may help you with, please call us or …
- Q. Why Do I Need an Experienced Premises Liability Lawyer for My Sexual Assault Case?
- A. You probably need a lawyer because you will need help fighting for your rights. Besides the person who assaulted you being at fault, a property owner could also be liable. But only a premises liability lawyer can help you with this type of claim. Property owners do not like to admit they helped cause a …
- Q. Can A Family Member Sue For Wrongful Death After A Car Accident?
- A. Yes, certain family members can sue for wrongful death after the death of a loved one. However, keep in mind that not everyone in the family can file a claim. There are only a few people who can bring forward a wrongful death suit. If those family members are legally eligible to do so, they can make …
- Q. Can I Sue Someone Personally After a Motorcycle Accident?
- A. Motorcycle accidents tend to be more serious than other types of auto accidents. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills and lost wages. Typically you would file a personal injury claim to seek these damages, but you also have the …
- Q. If I Was a Pedestrian Hit by a Car, What Should I Expect in My Settlement?
- A. In Georgia, pedestrians usually have the right-of-way. However, if a driver fails to respect this, they could cause a pedestrian accident. If you or a loved one was hit and injured by a car and the driver was at fault, you’re likely entitled to a settlement for your damages. What happens when a car hits …
» View All
Latest Blog Posts from the John Foy & Associates Blogs
John Foy & Associates is helping Georgians in their personal injury cases, but that’s not the only thing we’re doing. Our blog articles can help update you on important news related to car accidents and personal injuries. Read through our blog posts to stay caught up on the latest in personal injury law.
Woman Trapped In Car For 12 Hours Before Police Find Her In Hall County
- Depending on where you are on Georgia roads, it’s not so easy to find vehicles that fall off the road, especially if you fall down a cliff. It took someone 12 hours to find one such vehicle. Fortunately, one of the occupants was still alive. WSB TV reports. The Georgia State Patrol told the media …
E-scooter Riders Signing Away Right To Sue
- We haven’t heard much about e-scooters since the pandemic started. No one wanted to be out and about. But now that the restrictions are lifting, more scooters are out on the roads. There’s still one major problem with these companies. A Fox 5 investigation reported that the rental agreements for these scooters states that you …
Police Seek Help In Buckhead Hit And Run
- We’ve said it many times in these stories. Never leave the scene of an accident before giving a report to the police! It makes you far more liable to criminal conviction and losing civil cases. Sadly, some people think they can flee anyway and get away with it, like in today’s case reported by CBS …
Atlanta, Georgia Legal News with Foy & Associates Attorneys at Law
Accidents happen every day, and sometimes a specific accident happens that you need to know about. John Foy & Associates wants to help you stay informed about what’s going on. Our news section features stories about accidents and events that relate to personal injury law.
- John Foy raises money for students at President’s Cup Golf Tournament » Read Article
- Multiple Wrecks Cause Mid-GA Congestion » Read Article
- Motorcyclist Killed In Wreck In Northwest Atlanta » Read Article
- FDA Recalls Defective Reusable Breathing Circuits » Read Article
- Driver Dies After Tractor-Trailer Overturns In Laurens County » Read Article
- I was injured in a car accident » Read Article
- Honda To Send New Recall Notices In August » Read Article
- Another Multiple Fatality on I-16 » Read Article
- Another Xarelto Lawsuit » Read Article
- Diverging Diamond Interchange is Now Open » Read Article
» View All
Practice Areas We Can Help You With
The personal injury attorneys at John Foy & Associates are ready to serve you in any way we can. Our practice areas include car accidents, slips and falls, dog bites, and much more. We have a vast area of expertise we can help you with, so make sure to browse every one.