John Foy & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers Legal Resources
Top 10 Glossary Legal Definition Under Georgia State Law
Personal injury law has many terms that can be confusing or complicated to understand. John Foy & Associates has compiled a helpful glossary to get you through the “legalease” so you can focus on your case.
- #1. Alternative Dispute Resolution
- #2. DUI: Drugs
- #3. Short Term Disability
- #4. Compensation
- #5. Super Speeder
Common Frequently Asked Questions in Personal Injury Cases or After an Accident in Atlanta, Georgia
Navigate your personal injury case and understand how to better deal with insurance companies. We want to make sure you get answers to frequently asked personal injury questions. Browse our FAQ, which addresses many questions you may have about personal injuries, car accidents, and more.
- Q. What Are the 4 Hidden Disabilities?
- A. Not all disabilities are apparent. Millions of people live with “hidden disabilities” that you can’t see. A hidden disability can affect the sufferer’s life in many ways, making everyday life difficult. There are many types of hidden disabilities. Let’s look at four of the most common ones. Common Types of Hidden Disabilities The Americans with …
- Q. After My Car Accident, Who Should I Call First, a Lawyer or My Insurance Company?
- A. It’s important to hire a personal injury attorney and speak to your insurance company after being in a car accident. When you hire an experienced law firm, like John Foy & Associates, the insurance company will know who they are and how your case is handled will be a huge difference. While you should …
- Q. How Many Hours Can I Work While On SSDI?
- A. To receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, you must meet specific criteria. If you are earning money, you can only make up to a certain amount to still qualify for benefits. For most people, how many hours you work doesn’t count as much as how much you earn per month on SSDI. If you’re …
- Q. What Are the Top 10 Disabilities?
- A. According to the latest information published in 2018 by the United States Census Bureau, 27.2% of people had a disability in 2014. Around 17.6% had a severe disability. There are various conditions, and injuries can cause many disabilities. While there are too many types of disabilities to list, we can provide the top 10 according …
- Q. What Do You Say to Someone Who Has Just Had a Horrific Car Accident and Survived
- A. When someone you know has been in a car accident, it may be difficult to know the “right thing” to say to help them feel better. They could be in pain, and they may be stressing about how to put their life back together. Many car crash victims are just happy to be alive. If …
- Q. How Are Truck Accident Cases Different from Car Accident Cases In Georgia?
- A. Although truck accidents and passenger vehicles are common, when a crash involves a truck, there are some stark differences. These differences include both practical and legal aspects. Knowing how these legal situations are different will help you understand the best ways to approach them, increasing your chances of having a better result from your legal …
- Q. Why Do I Need an Experienced Premises Liability Lawyer for My Sexual Assault Case?
- A. You probably need a lawyer because you will need help fighting for your rights. Besides the person who assaulted you being at fault, a property owner could also be liable. But only a premises liability lawyer can help you with this type of claim. Property owners do not like to admit they helped cause a …
- Q. Can A Family Member Sue For Wrongful Death After A Car Accident?
- A. Yes, certain family members can sue for wrongful death after the death of a loved one. However, keep in mind that not everyone in the family can file a claim. There are only a few people who can bring forward a wrongful death suit. If those family members are legally eligible to do so, they can make …
- Q. How Much Should I Settle for if I Was Rear-Ended in Georgia?
- A. Rear-end accidents are widespread on Georgia highways, often caused by drivers who are distracted or tailgating the car in front of them. These crashes can cause significant injuries to your body and expensive damage to your vehicle. When another driver is negligent and hits you from behind, you deserve financial recovery. When this kind of …
- Q. Who Is at Fault in Most Motorcycle Accidents?
- A. Motorcycle accidents cause more serious injuries or deaths than other accident types. According to the Insurance Information Institute (III), motorcycle riders were 27 times more likely to die in an accident than those in passenger vehicles. Along with increased danger on the road, motorcycle riders face unfair biases. Many drivers assume bikers are at fault …
» View All
Latest Blog Posts from the John Foy & Associates Blogs
John Foy & Associates is helping Georgians in their personal injury cases, but that’s not the only thing we’re doing. Our blog articles can help update you on important news related to car accidents and personal injuries. Read through our blog posts to stay caught up on the latest in personal injury law.
Timothy Tusick Wins Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship
- Transitioning from high school to college is a difficult task. For Timothy Tusick, though, the move was even more fraught. The winner of the John Foy & Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship, Tusick was diagnosed with leukemia in 2019. Tusick was once a top-five prospect in his state’s high school wrestling world, but he started …
How an Experienced Attorney Would Approach a Sideswipe Car Accident Case
- Many sideswipe accidents lead to a loss of control and subsequent accidents, causing severe injuries and tragic outcomes like hospitalization or even death. A car accident lawyer with experience handling sideswipe car accident cases can review your claim and help you include every damage available to you. This is why it’s a good idea to …
Woman Trapped In Car For 12 Hours Before Police Find Her In Hall County
- Depending on where you are on Georgia roads, it’s not so easy to find vehicles that fall off the road, especially if you fall down a cliff. It took someone 12 hours to find one such vehicle. Fortunately, one of the occupants was still alive. WSB TV reports. The Georgia State Patrol told the media …
Atlanta, Georgia Legal News with Foy & Associates Attorneys at Law
Accidents happen every day, and sometimes a specific accident happens that you need to know about. John Foy & Associates wants to help you stay informed about what’s going on. Our news section features stories about accidents and events that relate to personal injury law.
- 16-Car Pileup on I-20 Sends 10 to Hospital » Read Article
- New Study Out About Taking Too Much Tylenol For Colds And Flu » Read Article
- Six Children Injured Due To Lack Of A Seatbelt » Read Article
- Clayton County Fuel Spill Temporarily Blocks I-285 » Read Article
- Fatal Crash On I-285 Snarls Traffic For Hours » Read Article
- Woman Convicted in Double Fatality Crash » Read Article
- Emma Paulson wins John Foy & Associates Strong Arm Leukemia Scholarship » Read Article
- New Yorker Charged in Fatal I-85 Crash » Read Article
- Crash in Newnan Requires Airlift » Read Article
- People Demanding Recourse in Equifax Personal Data Leak » Read Article
» View All
Practice Areas We Can Help You With
The personal injury attorneys at John Foy & Associates are ready to serve you in any way we can. Our practice areas include car accidents, slips and falls, dog bites, and much more. We have a vast area of expertise we can help you with, so make sure to browse every one.