Recovering compensation for medical and property damages after a motorcycle accident can be quite complicated. Many insurance carriers will always attempt to get around the coverage regulations and deny motorcycle victims their injury compensation. However, by knowing your legal options, you can get the compensation you deserve due to a motorcycle accident.
At John Foy & Associates, we advise our clients to contact our Douglasville motorcycle accident lawyers immediately after an accident. We will help you gather information about your case and recover your motorcycle accident and injury-related damages.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents You Can Sue For
The inattentiveness of drivers on the road is among the top causes of motorcycle accidents in Douglasville. Motorcyclists risk their lives every time they get on the road because they’re much less shielded and protected from harm than drivers in cars. Thus, the reason why you should always be alert and aware of your surroundings, so you can protect yourself when on the road.
Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Douglassville will help improve your chances of winning your lawsuit. This section discusses some common causes of motorcycle accidents to watch out for:
- Drunk drivers: drunk drivers may drive erratically or swerve on the road and can sometimes crash into a motorcyclist
- Poor road conditions: rain, snow, ice, or falling debris on the road can be hazardous for motorcyclists.
- Door accidents: parked car drivers can sometimes open their car doors without checking oncoming traffic. A motorcycle rider can crash into the open car door in an attempt to evade it.
- Failure to check blind spots: car drivers who assume that blind spots are clear may cause serious motorcycle accidents when they change lanes suddenly at high speeds
- Lane splitting or white lining: most drivers won’t expect motorcycle riders right beside them while on the road. So, it is always easy to hit a motorcyclist who is in their blind spot.
- Front brake overuse: a motorcycle rider may be thrown over their bike’s handlebars if they stop suddenly while using only their front brake
You will find many more causes of motorcycle accidents in Douglasville. But the ones mentioned above are the most common and ones to watch out for.
Get the strong arm
Proving Who Is Liable for a Motorcycle Accident in Douglasville
One or more people or corporations may be responsible for a motorcycle accident, depending on the nature of the accident. Here, we discuss people who may be liable for motorcycle accidents in Douglasville:
The Motorcycle Operator
You could cause an accident by engaging in careless or reckless motorcycle operation. These may include recklessly weaving into and out of traffic, failure to use turn signals, and more.
Other Motor Vehicle Operators
Other motor vehicle operators can also cause collisions due to negligence or wrongful judgment. Those operating trucks, vans, or cars can cause motorcycle accidents when driving while drunk, driving recklessly, not paying attention to the road, and more.
Defective Motorcycle Parts
If your motorcycle malfunctions while on the road and causes an accident, you can file a legal claim against the motorcycle manufacturer or assembly and distribution line.
Dangerous Road Conditions
Surface cracks, large potholes, uneven road surfaces, or grooved road pavements are common causes of motorcycle accidents. You can file a suit against the person or party responsible for maintaining the road that wasn’t maintained at the time of the accident.
When to File a Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
Motorcycle accidents in Douglasville may result in several consequences that range from property damage to severe or permanent injury, mental anguish, and sometimes death. These physical, monetary, and psychological losses can mount and quickly become detrimental to recovering accident victims.
Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in Douglasville will increase your chances of filing your claim and ensure you receive the maximum compensation for the damages caused. Expenses related to a motorcycle accident may include:
- Financial: hospital costs and other medical bills, medical transportation costs, lost wages, and bike repair/replacement costs.
- Physical: serious injuries that require long-term rehabilitation and medical care, disfigurement, paralysis, loss of limbs, and severe brain trauma.
- Psychological: the victim suffers pain and anguish costs that result in mental anguish.
A Douglasville motorcycle accident attorney helps you file your claim the right way by gathering all the evidence and resources needed to secure compensation for your losses. Losing someone to a motorcycle accident can be quite traumatic, frustrating, and confusing. You may even be entitled to wrongful death compensation if your loved one passes away as a direct result of a motorcycle accident.
How to Know If You Can Make a Legal Claim
A reputable motorcycle accident lawyer will always review all the information regarding your accident to determine who was at fault. The other person or party may be fully or partially at fault. However, it may be the vehicle’s manufacturer at other times.
By determining who was at fault during the motorcycle accident, your attorney will know whether you have a legal claim or not. Here are some critical pieces of information you should provide to determine the substantiality of your case:
- Pictures from the scene of the accident, including those of your injuries and the motorcycle
- Witness contact information
- Contact and insurance information of the other driver
- Your accounting of the accident. Should include the time, date, and location of the accident
- A copy of the police report
- Copies of your medical record for injuries incurred due to the accident
- Copies of your repair estimates or motorcycle replacements
- Weather information of the time the accident occurred
Your attorney will need all this information to build a strong case for you and help you prove fault.
Pursue Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit with John Foy & Associates
John Foy & Associates has a team of professional motorcycle accident attorneys in Dougalsville who conduct the necessary investigations into your motorcycle accident, collect evidence, and file your claim. Contact us today to book an appointment for a free and confidential consultation. Let our Douglasville motorcycle accident lawyer handle the legal matters while you focus on your recovery process.
404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form