If you or a loved one has been injured in Conyers, you may be facing growing medical bills and the prospect of not working. But you do not have to bear these costs alone—especially if the injury was not your fault. The law allows you to recover money for these and other costs. You need to talk to a Conyers personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
John Foy & Associates is one of the most highly-regarded personal injury law firms in the state—they call us “the Strong Arm” because of our ability to force insurance companies to pay.
We have followed a simple philosophy for more than 20 years: we only represent people who have been injured, and we get you the money you deserve. We’ll meet with you for a free consultation to talk about your accident and see if you have a claim.
Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What Should I Do After an Injury?
The most important thing to do is to get treatment for your injuries. After that, we have two simple guidelines that will help you advocate for yourself and protect yourself financially.
- DON’T sign any paperwork the insurance company gives you. The insurance company may offer you money. They aren’t doing this just to be helpful—they want you to accept some “quick cash” in exchange for giving up your right to recover a larger amount. They swoop in with an offer, knowing that you can’t possibly know how much your injuries will cost you in the future. Never accept money, sign documents or make a statement to the insurance company until you’ve gotten legal advice.
- DO speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can. This is the most important thing you can do for yourself and your family financially after an injury. A good lawyer can tell you whether you have a strong claim and can get you started with doctors who can fully diagnose your injuries and project your long-term medical needs and cost. Just talking to a lawyer can mean thousands of dollars more than you might have received otherwise.
Get the strong arm
How do I Tell If I Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
One of the benefits of consulting with a lawyer is that they can evaluate your claim from an objective legal standpoint. We see many injured people who are far too quick to blame themselves or think they were just unlucky.
But generally, if your accident wasn’t your fault, it was probably caused by someone else’s carelessness, or “negligence.” Negligence doesn’t mean someone set out to harm you, but it does mean that they weren’t as careful as they should have been. As a result, their insurance company must pay for your injuries.
There are many types of personal injury claims, including these:
- Accidents involving vehicles
- Slip, trip and fall claims
- Accidents where someone was hit by a car while walking or bicycling
- Injuries caused by muggings and other assaults
- Nursing home neglect
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
But we have also seen valid personal injury claims involving many other types of events and accidents.
Will My Personal Injury Claim Have to Go to Court?
We seldom have to go to court to recover money for our clients. When we do file a lawsuit, it’s usually because an insurance company got overconfident and refused to negotiate or offer a reasonable amount of money.
If this happens in your case, we will give you our honest assessment of your chances of winning at trial, and you can decide whether you want to proceed to the local courts. If your case does go to court, rest assured that we will be with you the whole way.
In a more typical case, we are able to negotiate with the insurance company and avoid the courtroom altogether. In fact, it’s one of the things we are best known for at John Foy & Associates. Whenever we get a new claim, we start our own investigation, gathering evidence about how the injury happened and who caused it.
We also collect information about your injuries and what they will cost. This alone may be enough to persuade the insurance company to offer a large settlement.
What Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in Conyers?
Lawyers have a reputation for being expensive, but we don’t think it’s fair to ask you to pay up-front for legal advice after you’re injured.
At John Foy & Associates, our fee structure is easy and affordable:
- Your consultation is free, with no obligation
- You won’t pay a dime out of pocket for our services
- If we don’t win money for you, we won’t charge you anything at all
If we succeed in getting you a financial recovery, you’ll pay us a percentage and everything else goes to you. We think this is the best way to get you the help you need at the least risk.
How Much Time do I Have to File an Injury Claim in Conyers?
Claims in the City of Conyers must be filed within deadlines established by state and federal law. But the exact deadline that applies to your case will depend on several factors. The most time you will have is two years from the date of your injury, but some people have far less time to get their claims on file. To make sure you protect your rights and don’t miss any deadlines, we encourage you to talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Conyers Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve built our reputation on helping people recover money for their injuries. We’d like to show you how a good lawyer can help you. We’ll consult with you for free, going over your case and explaining your rights and your options.
Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.