An injury can quickly turn your life upside down, leaving you struggling to pay your doctor bills and get back on your feet. But if your injury in Calhoun wasn’t your fault, you may be able to recover money for your doctors, prescriptions, physical therapy and more. You need a good personal injury lawyer on your side.
For more than 20 years, the lawyers at John Foy & Associates have been helping injured people get the money they need to put their lives back together. In our early days, we were just a small local law office, but today we are regarded as one of the top personal injury firms in the state. We’re known as “the Strong Arm” because we stand up to insurance companies that want to avoid paying claims. We know how to get you what you need. Let us give you and free consultation and show you what we can do. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What should I do if I’m injured?
Your injuries may be relatively minor or they may be life threatening, but our advice is the same: advocate for yourself, proceed with caution, and protect your rights. Many people come to us after they have already dealt with an insurance company and signed away important rights. Don’t let this happen to you. Follow these simple rules:
- Don’t jump at the insurance company’s first offer. An insurance company may contact you right away, offering money to resolve your claim. The insurance company wants you to take the offer so it can settle your claim as quickly and cheaply as possible. But this first offer probably isn’t in your best interest. And there’s a good chance it won’t even be enough to pay your basic medical expenses. You need time to get a full medical evaluation and find out what your injuries will cost. Never accept money, sign paperwork or make a statement to the insurance company until you’ve spoken with a lawyer.
- Make an appointment with a personal injury lawyer. Personal injury lawyers focus on representing injured people like you. They have the legal knowledge and experience to tell you whether you have a good case. They have connections in the medical community and can help you get a proper evaluation. Talking to a lawyer is the best way to make sure you get the money you need to take care of your injuries. In some cases, a lawyer’s help means getting tens of thousands of dollars more than the insurance company’s initial offer.
to find a John Foy office near you
How can I tell if my claim is valid?
Many injured people are reluctant to talk to a lawyer because they feel the injury must have been their fault, or nobody’s fault. But the law doesn’t evaluate injury cases the same way that victims do. In the eyes of the law, if someone’s carelessness, or “negligence” caused your injury, they are liable. Negligence is the cause of many of the personal injury claims we handle. Negligence takes many forms: a driver who is texting behind the wheel, a store manager who doesn’t clean up a spill, or a manufacturer who creates and sells a defective product. If someone’s negligence caused your injuries, their insurance company must pay your costs.
The personal injury claims we see most often include:
- Vehicle accidents
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Being struck by a car while walking or cycling
- Injuries during a mugging
- Nursing home neglect
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
But many other types of injuries can also lead to valid personal injury claims.
Calhoun Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Calhoun Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
Will my personal injury claim wind up in court in Calhoun?
Probably not. Occasionally, an insurance company flatly refuses to negotiate with us unless we file a lawsuit. This might happen because the insurance company believes it has strong evidence, or because its lawyers think they can destroy your credibility at trial. If we aren’t able to resolve your case through negotiations, we will tell you how strong we think your case is and you will have a chance to decide for yourself whether you want to go to the local courts. If you do take your case to court, we will make the process go as smoothly for you as possible.
However, these cases are the exception. At John Foy & Associates, we pride ourselves on our ability to drive a hard bargain with insurance companies and resolve most of our client’s claims before they ever get to court. We do this by approaching every case as though we expect it to end up in front of a jury. We conduct our own investigation, gathering evidence about the way the injuries occurred and what they will cost. We give the insurance company our cold, hard proof, and this is often all we need to do to win you significantly more money.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Calhoun, call 404-400-4000
How much will I have to pay a personal injury lawyer in Calhoun?
At John Foy & Associates, we don’t believe you should have to pay your lawyer out of pocket, especially when you’re trying to deal with medical bills and all the other consequences of an injury.
Instead, we’ve created an affordable plan:
- Your consultation with us is free
- Our services cost nothing out of pocket
- You won’t pay us anything unless we get you money
If we win money from you, we’ll get paid as a percentage. Everything else is yours to keep. You get professional legal help, and we take the financial risk for you.
Is there a deadline for personal injury claims in Calhoun?
Yes, all injury claims in the City of Calhoun have deadlines, known as “statutes of limitations.” There are several different statutes of limitations contained in federal and state laws, and they apply to different types of events. The statute of limitations in your case will depend on the facts surrounding your injury. Many people have two years to file a claim, but some only have a few months. If you try to file a claim after the statute of limitations has expired, you will probably not be able to recover anything. Always talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Calhoun Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we only do one thing: we help injured people. And we’ve been doing it successfully for more than 20 years. Let us give you a free consultation to talk about your injury and answer your questions. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.