If you’ve been hurt in any kind of accident in Athens, you may have a right to recover all of the costs associated with your injury—including medical bills, medication and lost work time.
What are some direct and indirect costs associated with injuries in Athens, GA?
No matter how your accident happened, if it was not your fault then the law is on your side. Many accident victims don’t realize that they have a right to recover their costs until it’s too late, and end up paying tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars out of pocket. Don’t be one of them.
John Foy & Associates is here to help. For over 20 years, John Foy has been one of the most respected personal injury lawyers in Athens-Clarke County. Since its beginning as a small local law office, John Foy & Associates has become one of the largest and most reputable personal injury firms in the country. Over the years we have become known by our nickname, the “Strong Arm of Georgia,” for our ability to force insurance companies to the table and get our clients the money they are owed. You will not find a more dedicated or knowledgeable personal injury law firm.
Let us show you what we can do for you—for free. Call John Foy & Associates at 706-400-4000 and get a FREE consultation today.
to find a John Foy office near you
What should you do after an injury in or near Athens, Georgia?
Taking any kind of action after an injury can seem overwhelming. Typically, the injury victims we speak to are facing pain, frustration, and stress over their financial future. In many cases they aren’t even sure whether they will ever be able to fully recover from their injury and regain their previous level of health. If this describes your situation, remember that you are not alone. Your future does not have to be uncertain, and the bills don’t have to overwhelm you. To get a financial recovery for your injury, there are only two steps you have to take:
- Contact an experienced Athens personal injury lawyer. There simply is no substitute for having a professional legal opinion on your case. The insurance companies do not want to pay you what you’re owed, and they have an entire legal department working against you. You need someone who knows the law to guide you. The John Foy Law firm in Athens, GA is ready to help you now.
- Don’t sign anything from the insurance company. If you don’t know how a personal injury lawyer can help you ensure fair compensation from insurance companies, then you can call us for a free consultation. Insurers will use all kinds of deceptive tactics to get you to sign away your rights. They might offer you quick money when you need it most, even though the amount isn’t a tenth of what your treatment will cost. Or they might constantly delay processing your claim at all, trying to make you desperate. It’s important to understand that they do not have your best interest at heart. Never sign anything the insurance company gives you until you have spoken to a lawyer.
Athens Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
How do I know if I have a case?
Even injuries that seem like complete accidents may qualify for a financial recovery. All too often we see people who have been harmed through no fault of their own, who blame themselves for their injury. You might think your accident happened because you weren’t paying attention, or you might simply believe “accidents happen” and no one is at fault. But that isn’t how the law defines an accident. Most accidents are preventable, and regardless of who caused it, insurance is supposed to take care of the victims.
Most personal injury cases revolve around the concept of “negligence.” Negligence means that if someone else had acted more carefully, you wouldn’t have been hurt. That could be anything from a store owner making sure there are no tripping hazards in their store, to another driver signaling before they turned. The law says that if someone’s negligence contributed to your accident, you have a right to recover your costs.
Examples of accidents that can lead to successful personal injury claims include:
- Any kind of car, truck or bike accident
- Pedestrian hit by motorist
- Slipping and falling
- Being assaulted by another individual
- Nursing home abuse/elder abuse
- Being hurt by a faulty product
- Harmed by a prescription drug
- Given the wrong drug by a hospital or pharmacy
- Medical malpractice
These are not the only kinds of accidents where you have a right to a recovery. The best way to know if you have a case is to speak to a personal injury lawyer.
Do I have to go to court to file a personal injury claim?
Most personal injury cases do not involve a trial. Many are settled out of court entirely. When we first take on a case, we start by gathering basic information about happened. Then we launch an investigation to put together as much evidence as possible. We present this evidence to the insurance company to show them that you are in the right, and that they would lose if they fought you in court. In many cases this is all it takes to get you your recovery.
In some cases the insurance company won’t give in. At that point we will give you a choice of whether you want to proceed with the case or not. If you do, we will pursue your case all the way to the courts. We will handle everything for you from beginning to end.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Athens, call 404-800-4408
Athens Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear End Collisions
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost in Athens?
At John Foy & Associates we make sure you pay nothing to speak to a lawyer and nothing unless we win you money.
We don’t believe in charging accident victims out-of-pocket rates. Instead, we structure our fees so you pay nothing up front. If we win on your behalf and you get a financial recovery, we will take our fee from that money. This ensures that:
- You can access professional legal advice no matter your financial situation
- Our interests align with yours—we make no money unless you do
- You face no risk in hiring us
Our consultation is free whether you choose to hire us or not.
How much time do I have to file an injury case in Athens?
The deadlines are short. Athens follows a variety of statutes of limitations, some set at the federal level and some at the state level. It depends on the type of case you have. Some cases have deadlines as short as weeks. As a general rule, the sooner you speak to a lawyer the better. Waiting too long may mean you lose your chance.
Talk to an Athens Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates we always take the side of the accident victim, never big insurance companies. Let us give you a FREE consultation and show you what we can do for you. Call us at 706-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.