Car accidents are one of the leading causes of severe injuries in Conyers. While some car accident injuries start serious, others are minor initially, only to develop into ongoing conditions with significant pain. These injuries can bring thousands of dollars in medical bills, and you may be unable to work.
But you do not have to face these costs alone. A car accident lawyer in Conyers, GA, can help you recover money for your injuries. At John Foy & Associates, we have a 20-year track record of getting accident victims the money they need to pursue the fullest recovery possible.
Contact our Conyers personal injury lawyers to determine if can help you with your case.
Is It Worth Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer in Conyers?
A car accident attorney in Conyers, GA, can lend an experienced eye and a tough backbone to your claim. Without one, you may get significantly less compensation or none at all.
That’s because car accident lawyers know how to negotiate with the insurance company and make sure they don’t take advantage of you. Insurers want to save as much money as possible and to do that, they try to trick or bully accident victims out of their compensation.
What makes pursuing a personal injury claim worth it financially is that you won’t have to pay upfront. Our personal injury lawyers only take contingency fees, which means they only get paid if you get a settlement. There’s no risk of paying more for lawyer fees than you get for damages.
If you’re unsure whether your claim is worth pursuing or how a car accident attorney in Conyers can help, get a free consultation with a member of our legal team. We will sit down with you to listen to your story and help you decide the best course of action.
Get the strong arm
How a Conyers Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
We talk to many accident victims who think they don’t need a lawyer because the insurance company will take care of things. Sadly, this is almost never true. Insurance companies want to make a profit, and one way they do this is to minimize the claims amount they pay.
This means it’s unlikely the insurance company will pay you a fair settlement amount unless you make them. Some of the insurance company tactics we’ve seen include:
- Being overly “friendly”
- Offering money right away
- Delaying their decision
- Blaming you for the accident
Insurance companies have powerful lawyers to back them up in these schemes. But most accident victims don’t know the laws or how insurance companies operate. Without a lawyer of your own, it’s hard to fight back. Often, an insurance company will make a better offer because it knows you have a lawyer on your team.
How Much Money Can I Get for My Car Accident Claim?
The amount of money you can recover depends on the circumstances of your accident and the injuries you suffered. However, the following factors usually signal how much you can expect from your claim:
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of time it takes to recover
- How much work you’ve missed because of your accident
- How much damage was done to your car
Suppose you suffered an especially serious loss, such as the loss of a loved one’s life, severe long-term pain, or a permanent disability. In that case, you may be able to recover significantly more. We know that money cannot ever compensate you for a tragic and life-altering loss, but it can help you maintain financial stability while focusing on healing and moving toward the next phase of your life.
Steps to Take After a Conyers Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident is a stressful experience, but knowing what steps to take can make all the difference in protecting your rights and ensuring you receive the fair compensation you deserve. After a fender bender in Conyers, Georgia, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Stay calm and assess the situation: Take a deep breath and check yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is hurt, call 911 immediately and request medical assistance.
- Move to a safe location: If it’s safe to do so, move your vehicle out of the flow of traffic to prevent further accidents or injuries. Turn on your hazard lights to alert other drivers.
- Call the police: Even if the accident seems minor, it’s important to report it to the police. They will create an official police report, which will be crucial for insurance purposes.
- Exchange information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver involved in the accident. Make sure to get their name, phone number, address, license plate number, and insurance details. If there are any witnesses, ask for their contact information as well.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to both vehicles and any visible injuries. This evidence can be crucial in proving fault and liability later on.
- Notify your insurance company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. They will guide you through the claims process and help determine liability.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured, it’s important to seek medical attention after a fender bender. Some injuries, such as whiplash, may not manifest immediately. By seeking medical attention, you not only ensure your well-being but also establish a medical record of your injuries, which can be vital for your case.
- Consult with a car accident lawyer: If you’ve sustained injuries or there’s a dispute over fault, it’s important to consult with a car accident lawyer. They can provide you with legal advice and help protect your rights throughout the process.
Damages You Could Recover in a Car Accident Claim
Compensation in a car accident case is always based on the specific damages that the accident caused. Your lawyer will calculate your damages and convey that number to the insurance company so you can get everything you’re owed. Most accident victims can recover these types of costs:
- Medical expenses
- The cost of prescribed medication
- Property damage expenses
- The cost of missing time from work
- Pain & suffering
- Wrongful death
When your car accident lawyer in Conyers tallies up your damages, they won’t only take into account what damages you’ve already incurred. They’ll also look at what you’ll most likely have to pay in the future, like ongoing therapy costs.
When Is a Car Accident Claim Valid in Conyers?
Never talk yourself out of pursuing a motor vehicle accident claim. It’s tempting to second-guess yourself or say the collision was just an accident, but legally, a negligent party was responsible. Most likely, someone could have prevented it from happening, usually by driving more carefully or obeying traffic laws. This means that the fault party was legally “negligent” and must pay for your costs.
Almost all types of car accidents can lead to valid claims. This includes:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- “T-bone” collisions
- Accidents in fog, rain, ice, or other hazardous conditions
- Distracted driving and texting accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Accidents due to defective parts, such as tires
- Accidents causing traumatic brain injuries
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Our attorneys can sometimes even recover money from hit-and-run drivers or drivers who don’t have insurance.
Will I Be Forced to Go to Court?
First, most of our cases are resolved without involving the courts. Second, in the rare case where an insurance company will not negotiate, it’s up to you to decide whether you want to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We will give you our opinion about your chances of success, and we have litigators to handle your case all the way to trial and beyond. However, the choice to go to court is always yours.
Our Conyers car accident attorneys begin every case with a thorough investigation into the cause of the crash and the types of injuries you suffered. We build a case based on accident reports, witness statements, and expert medical care opinions, as though we were planning to go to court.
Then we take our case to the insurance company, and that’s often enough to persuade them to offer a fair amount of money.
What Will a Car Accident Lawyer Cost Me in Conyers?
At John Foy & Associates, we want to make it easy for you to get legal help. Therefore, we have a simple payment system:
- Consult with us for free
- You pay nothing out of pocket while we litigate your case
- If we don’t win, we charge you nothing
So how do we get paid? If we win you money, we will take a percentage as our fee, and the rest goes to you. We think this is the fairest way to get you the quality legal representation you need.
Does Conyers Have a Deadline for Filing Car Accident Claims?
Yes. Both state and federal laws impose deadlines known as “statutes of limitations” in Conyers. If you file after the statute of limitations has expired, you will probably be unable to recover any money at all for your injuries.
According to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) § 9-3-33, you may have as much as two years to file your claim.
The best way to avoid giving up your rights is to consult with a good personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your accident so that you can claim fair compensation.
Talk to a Conyers Car Accident Attorney for Free
A car accident can cause long-lasting injuries, but you don’t have to suffer financially. The Conyers car accident lawyers at John Foy & Associates have a track record of getting accident victims the money they are entitled to. Let us meet with you for a free consultation to explain how we can help you.
Contact us to take the first steps towards gaining maximum compensation after your Conyers car accident.