If you or a loved one has been injured in Buford, you may be wondering how you will afford your medical bills and missed time from work. But if the injury wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible for money for these and other costs. You need a good personal injury lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates, we have been assisting injured people for the past 20 years. Our mission began when we opened a small local law firm, and it has continued through our evolution into one of the top personal injury firms in the nation. We’re known as “the Strong Arm” because we don’t make things easy for insurance companies that want to wriggle out of paying injury claims. We have a strong track record of getting our clients the money they deserve. Let us sit down with you for a free consultation to show you what we can do for you. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What can I do to protect my rights after an injury?
After an injury, your first priority is getting the medical care you need. But it is also important to protect yourself legally. You don’t know what the future will hold, and we talk to far too many people who sign away their rights before they have all the facts. Be your own advocate by following these two steps:
- Be patient and don’t sign any insurance company paperwork. After an injury, it’s common for car insurance companies (or other types of insurers) to offer up money right away. You may need the cash, but you shouldn’t take this first offer. The insurance company is trying to settle your claim cheaply to boost its own profits. And if you take the money, you’ll probably sign away your right to recover much more after you know what your injuries will really cost. Always talk to a lawyer before you accept a check, sign documents or make a statement to an insurance company.
- Schedule a consultation with a lawyer right away. A free legal consultation is the single most effective way to protect your rights after an injury. A personal injury lawyer understands cases like yours and can explain your rights, evaluate the strength of your claim, and help you avoid mistakes. A lawyer can send you to doctors who understand your injuries and their long-term cost. Having a lawyer on your side can mean you recover tens of thousands of dollars more than that first insurance company offer.
to find a John Foy office near you
Do I have a valid claim?
If your injuries weren’t your fault, it’s likely you have a valid claim. We’ve found that injuries don’t usually happen for no reason. For example, many car accidents occur because someone wasn’t paying attention, was driving too aggressively or was disobeying traffic laws. Slip and falls happen when property owners don’t take care of unsafe conditions. Even “freak accidents” are often caused by carelessness on the part of a product manufacturer. These types of cases all involve “negligence”—someone else’s carelessness, even if it was unintentional. When someone is negligent, they or their insurance are liable and must pay the costs of your injury.
We frequently handle these sorts of personal injury claims:
- Vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents involving vehicles and bicyclists or pedestrians
- Attack injuries such as dog bites or being injured during a robbery
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Product defects
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
If your type of injury isn’t on this list, it doesn’t mean you don’t have a claim. We have helped our clients recover money for many other types of injuries.
Buford Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
Buford Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bite & Animal Attacks
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Fall & Premises Liability
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Will I have to sue someone to recover for personal injuries in Buford?
Personal injury claims are usually resolved out of the courtroom. However, sometimes this isn’t possible because an insurance company is unwilling to make a fair and reasonable settlement. The insurance company may be over-confident of its evidence or may think it can poke holes in your testimony at trial. If the insurance company in your case won’t settle, we will explain this to you and give you our opinion of your chances of winning at trial. If you want to file a case in the local courts, we have litigation lawyers with years of experience handling cases like yours.
More commonly, though, personal injury claims are resolved at the negotiating table. At John Foy & Associates, our philosophy is to approach every case as though it was headed to a jury trial. That means we begin with an investigation. We assemble hard evidence about the injuries you suffered, the way they happened, and what they will cost you in the long run. We build a case as though we were going to court, and then we use it to show the insurance company who is responsible and what your claim is really worth. In many cases, that’s all that’s needed to win you a substantial amount of money.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Buford, call 404-800-4408
How expensive is a personal injury lawyer in Buford?
We believe that everyone should be able to afford a lawyer to help with their personal injury claim.
So we offer a payment plan that won’t cost you a dime out of pocket:
- Your first consultation with us is absolutely free
- We don’t charge by the hour for our services, and we won’t ask you to pay anything while we are working on your claim
- If we don’t win money for you, we won’t charge you any money at all
If we do recover money in your claim, our fee is a percentage of the amount we win for you. Everything else goes to you. We take the financial risk so you can get the help you need.
How much time do I have to get my injury claim on file in Buford?
A variety of state and federal laws set deadlines for filing injury claims in the City of Buford. Different laws apply to different types of claims, so the deadline that applies in your situation will depend on your particular circumstances. Most injury victims have up to two years from the date of the injury to file a claim. But some people face a far shorter deadline—in some cases only a matter of weeks. To avoid missing the deadline and losing your right to a recovery, it’s important to consult with a personal injury lawyer right away.
Talk to a Buford Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve spent 20 years pursuing just one goal—to get the best financial recovery possible for people who have been injured. We’d like to show you how our approach can work for you. At our free consultation, we’ll answer your questions and explain how to get started with a claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.