A single injury can have life-changing consequences. Every year in Canton, people suffer accidents and injuries that leave them with pain, unable to work, or facing medical bills worth tens of thousands of dollar. However, you do not have to face these costs alone. If you were injured through no fault of your own, the law gives you the right to recover money for doctor bills, medications and missed work time—and more. You need to talk to a Canton personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has the skill and experience to get you the money you need. When we opened our small law office more than 20 years ago, we had just one goal: to help injured people get the money they need to recover as fully as possible. That’s still our mission, even though we are now respected as one of the largest, most capable firms in the state. Let our personal injury lawyers in Canton, GA give you a free consultation to show what we can do for you. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
How do I protect my rights after an injury?
Remember that it’s hard to tell how serious an injury is at the start. Doctors may say it will get better in weeks, only to find out later that there are complications. For this reason, we recommend you do two important things to protect your rights:
- Do NOT sign any paperwork or take money from an insurance company. We speak to many people who took the first money the insurance company offered. Later, they realized they would need much more treatment, costing far more than the insurance check. By then they had signed away their right to renegotiate. The reason insurance companies offer money right away is because they want to settle your claim cheaply, paying you the lowest amount possible. Never sign anything, give the insurance company a statement, or accept a check unless you have first consulted with a lawyer.
- DO see a lawyer right away. When you consult with a lawyer, you get the advice and information you need to make a smart financial decision. It may be the single most important thing you do after an injury. A good lawyer has experience working with insurance companies and has seen many other cases like yours. They can tell you whether you have a strong claim and make sure you get a full medical evaluation by doctors who understand your specific condition. Insurance companies often increase their offers substantially just because you’ve got a lawyer working for you.
How can I tell if my claim is valid?
If you were injured and it wasn’t your fault, you may have a claim. Injuries don’t usually just happen—don’t be too quick to blame yourself. Legally, many injuries happen because someone else was “negligent,” meaning they weren’t as careful as they should have been. This is true of many car accident injuries and slip and fall injuries, among others. Negligence doesn’t mean that someone wanted to hurt you. But it does mean that the negligent party’s insurance company is liable for your injuries.
What are the most common types of accident claims?
- Vehicle accidents
- Accidents involving trips, slips and falls
- Pedestrians or bicyclists being hit by cars
- Injuries that happen during a mugging
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Products that are defectively designed or made
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
Almost any type of injury can lead to a successful personal injury claim.
Canton Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bite & Animal Attacks
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Fall & Premises Liability
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Will I need to go to court for my personal injury claim?
Most of the time, no. Occasionally insurance companies in Canton, GA simply won’t negotiate with us. They may think their evidence is better than it really is, or they may think they can make you look bad to a jury. If we can’t resolve your case through negotiation, we will tell you how strong we think your case is and explain what might happen if you take your claim to the local courts. If you do file a lawsuit, we can continue to represent you all the way through trial.
But many cases never reach that point. At John Foy & Associates, we are known for our negotiating power and our ability to get insurance companies to pay up. We start every claim with a full investigation into the cause of your injuries and what it will take for you to recover as completely as possible. Armed with this evidence, we can show the insurance company hard evidence of what happened and how much money you will need. In many cases, that’s all it takes to get you a substantial financial recovery.
What will a personal injury lawyer cost me in Canton?
We don’t believe that getting legal help should be expensive, especially when you’re dealing with an injury. Here’s our pricing structure:
- We don’t charge you anything for your consultation
- You don’t pay anything out of pocket
- You don’t pay anything at all unless we win money for you
If our personal injury attorneys in Canton, GA succeed in getting you a financial recovery, we will take our fee out as a percentage. The rest is yours. This gives you professional help when you need it most, without any financial risk.
Is there a deadline for making an injury claim in Canton?
Yes. The City of Canton follows state and federal laws that impose strict deadlines on injury claims. However, these deadlines vary depending on the circumstances of your case. For example, many injured people have up to two years after their accident to file a claim. But some people face a much shorter deadline—possibly only weeks. And if you miss the deadline, you probably won’t be able to recover any money for your injuries. Don’t let this happen to you. Talk to a personal injury lawyer right away.
Talk to a Canton Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we want to help you get the money you need to pay for your recovery. Let us show you how it helps to have a lawyer on your side. Schedule a free consultation and we’ll talk to you about your claim and help you decide what to do. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.