If you or someone you love has been injured in Dublin, you may be confronting large medical bills with no way to pay them. But you don’t have to bear the cost of an injury that wasn’t your fault. You may have a legal right to a full financial recovery. You need a personal injury lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates, we have devoted ourselves to helping injury victims for more than 20 years. We began as small local law office, but we have grown into one of the biggest and most successful law firms in the state. We’ve even been dubbed “the Strong Arm” for the tough stance we take with insurance companies who want to avoid paying what a claim is really worth. We know what it takes to get you the money you deserve. Let us give you a free consultation to go over your case and explain how we can help. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What’s the best thing to do after an injury?
If you’ve been injured, you’re probably focused on your physical health—and that’s a good thing. But it’s also important to look out for yourself legally. There are two major things you can do to protect your rights and advocate for yourself:
- Don’t take the first offer you get from an insurance company. An insurance company may swoop in and offer you cash right away. Beware—the insurance company is doing this because it wants to increase its own profits by paying you as little as possible. The insurance company knows that you haven’t had time to find out the true cost of your injuries. Most people underestimate what an injury will really cost, long-term, and this first offer may not even be enough to pay for your initial medical expenses, let alone your lost pay and other damages. If you take this offer, you may have to sign away your right to ever get anything else. Never sign insurance company paperwork, take their money or make an insurance company statement until you’ve talked to a lawyer.
- See a personal injury lawyer ASAP. This is the number one thing you can do to protect yourself. A personal injury lawyer works on cases like yours all the time and will be able to tell you if you have a strong claim. A lawyer can also help you find the right doctors to diagnose your injuries and evaluate what it will take to make as full a recovery as possible. Just scheduling a free consultation with a lawyer can put you on the road to tens of thousands of dollars more than that first insurance company offer.
Get the strong arm
Is my injury a valid claim?
Many people who come to our office are not sure if they have a valid claim. They think they are somehow responsible for what happened, or they want to write their injuries off as a freak accident. But much of the time, neither of these things is true. That’s because of the way the law views injuries. Most injuries could have been prevented if someone had been more careful or had lived up to his or her legal duties. When carelessness causes your injury, that’s known as “negligence,” and the negligent party is legally liable. Negligence doesn’t mean that someone planned to hurt you, but it does mean that they are legally responsible for ALL of your costs and damages, including medical costs and lost time from work.
We routinely handle these types of injury claims:
- Vehicle collisions
- Trips or slips and falls
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Mugging injuries
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
This is just a sampling. We have seen successful personal injury claims from many other types of injuries.
Will I have to sue someone to get money in a personal injury claim in Dublin?
A lawsuit usually isn’t necessary. Once in a while, an insurance company doesn’t want to negotiate with us. This might happen if the insurance company thinks its evidence is better than it really is, or if it believes it can undermine your testimony in front of a jury. If the insurance company in your case gets stubborn, we will explain this to you and go over your options, including taking your case to the local courts. We will tell you how strong your case is, and then the choice is yours. If you do go to court, we have a litigation team that is fully prepared to fight for you.
In many cases, we are able to get you your money from the insurance company without ever getting near the courthouse. Tough negotiations are what we’re known for at John Foy & Associates. Our negotiating power comes from being prepared. We launch each case with an investigation into the cause of your injuries. We get detailed medical reports that show the type of injuries you’ve suffered and exactly what treatment you will need in the coming weeks, months or years. We look at other factors, like the pain you’ve suffered and the earnings you’ll lose. And we present all of this to the insurance company. When they see who’s to blame and what it will cost, they’ll often pay up.
How much time do I have to file my injury claim in Dublin?
The City of Dublin follows deadlines set by state and federal laws. The deadline that applies in your case will depend on the facts surrounding your injury. The most time you can have is two years from the date you were injured. But some people have a deadline that’s only a weeks away. There are consequences for missing your deadline—you will likely be unable to ever recover any money at all. This is why it is essential to talk to a lawyer as soon as you can.
Talk to a Dublin Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, our law firm was founded with just one goal: to help injured people get the money they need to heal and move forward in their lives. We’d like to show you how we can help you. Sit down with us for a free consultation and we’ll discuss your injury and help you start your claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.