If you are the victim of an accident, attack or other event that has injured you in Brunswick, you may be coping with high medical bills and the prospect of weeks or months missed from work. But you can recover money to help you pay for an injury that wasn’t your fault. You need to talk to a lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve spent the past 20-plus years helping injured people get the financial help they need. We started aiding injury victims when we were just a small local law firm.
That mission has continued to this day, earning us the nickname “the Strong Arm” for the tough negotiations we use with insurance companies. We are one of the largest and best respected law firms in Georgia and we’d like to put our experience to work for you. We’ll give you a free consultation to discuss your injury and explain your options.
Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
Are There Things I Should or Shouldn’t Do After an Injury?
Absolutely. First, we always recommend you see a doctor as soon as you can, so you can get started on treatment. We also suggest you follow two simple do’s and don’ts to protect your rights and ensure you get the best financial result possible.
- DON’T accept an insurance company check or sign paperwork right away. After your injury is reported to an auto or other type of insurance company, the insurance company may offer you money. It sounds generous, but taking this money is usually a mistake. You haven’t had time to find out how serious your injury is, how long it will take to heal, or whether there will be complications. If you take this “quick cash,” you’ll sign away your right to potentially recover far more money if your injuries are more serious than you thought. Always talk to a lawyer before you take any money or sign any paperwork from an insurance company.
- DO speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A consultation with a personal injury lawyer can mean the difference between mountains of medical debt and a secure future where you can pay for all the treatment you need. A personal injury lawyer has worked on many other cases like yours and can offer an objective view of the strength of your claim. A lawyer can put you in touch with medical professionals who know how to diagnose and treat your injuries and who can estimate their true long-term cost. A legal consultation is the single best thing you can do to protect yourself after an injury.
Get the strong arm
How Can I Tell If My Claim is Valid?
If the injury wasn’t your fault, you potentially have a valid claim. Don’t fall into the trap of blaming yourself or writing your injury off as a freak accident. Injuries don’t happen by themselves, and someone else’s carelessness is often to blame. In legal terms, we refer to carelessness that causes injuries as “negligence.”
Negligence doesn’t mean that someone hurt you on purpose. It means that someone was not as careful as they should have been, or broke a law or violated a legal duty. When someone is negligent, they are liable for your injuries, and they (or their insurance company) must pay the cost.
Personal injury claims can arise from many types of events. Some of the most common are:
- Car, truck, bus and motorcycle accidents
- Accidents involving a fall
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Criminal activity, such as a mugging
- Nursing home neglect
- Dangerous medical devices
- Defective products
- Harmful prescription drugs
Almost any type of injury can lead to a valid personal injury claim.
Brunswick Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Will I Have to Sue Someone to Win My Claim in Brunswick?
Usually we resolve personal injury claims long before any court action is filed. But occasionally, we run into problems with an insurance company that digs in its heels and refuses to offer a reasonable settlement.
This may happen because the insurance company thinks its evidence is better than ours, or because it thinks you won’t make a convincing witness at trial. If we can’t resolve your case without going to court, we’ll discuss this with you, explain your options and give you our honest opinion. We have an experienced trial team, so if you do decide to go to the local courts, we are ready to handle your case all the way.
But most of the time, that’s not necessary. At John Foy & Associates, insurance companies know we are tough, experienced negotiators. We begin every case by investigating our client’s injuries, how they happened, and what the necessary treatment and support will cost.
When insurance companies see our cold, hard evidence, they know we have a good case that we can potentially win at trial. They’ll usually come forward with a significant amount of money.
What Will It Cost Me to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Brunswick?
Our policy on legal fees is simple: you shouldn’t have to pay a lawyer out of pocket if you’ve been injured. That’s why we use this fee structure:
- Initial consultations are always free
- We won’t bill you for our services while we are working on your case.
- You won’t pay us anything unless we get money for you.
If we’re able to get you a financial recovery, we will collect our fees as a percentage deducted from the recovery. Everything else is yours. We think this is the best way to make sure everyone can get legal help when they need it most.
When Is the Deadline for Filing an Injury Claim in Brunswick?
The deadline that applies to you will depend on the way your injury happened and who caused it. Deadlines for filing claims are known as “statutes of limitations,” and in the City of Brunswick they are set by various state and federal laws.
You typically have two years to file an injury claim, but there are many exceptions to this and your deadline may be as short as several weeks. If you miss the deadline, it is unlikely you will be able to recover anything at all. That’s why it’s so important to talk to a personal injury lawyer right away.
Talk to a Brunswick Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve been helping injured people recover money for more than two decades. We’d like to show you how our skill and experience can make a difference in your life. We offer a free consultation to talk about your injuries and answer your questions, so you can decide what to do next.
Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.