If you were hurt in Dalton in any kind of accident, you may have a legal right to recover the full costs of your medical care, medication, damages and lost work time. John Foy & Associates can help. For over 20 years we have worked successfully to help injury victims get the full amount they deserve after their accident. We are so effective in winning cases against the insurance companies that we’ve earned the nickname “the Strong Arm of the Law.” We always take the side of the victim—never big insurance companies.
Let John Foy & Associates give you a free consultation with a Dalton personal injury lawyer. Your consultation is your chance to get a professional legal opinion and understand your options, with no obligation. Call us to get your free consultation today at 706-400-4000.
What should I do after an injury in Dalton?
Any injury can be painful, emotionally difficult, and expensive. Often, your injury will leave you unable to work for weeks or longer. You may be worried about whether you will ever make a full recovery and how you will pay your medical bills. But you don’t have to face this difficult time alone—and a settlement can help you pay for it. To get your settlement, there are two steps you should take after your injury or accident:
- Speak to a Dalton personal injury lawyer. Many people make the mistake of thinking they can handle the insurance company on their own, or that a lawyer won’t change the amount they get. But your insurance company has an army of lawyers at their disposal, and they will set their team to work trying to find a way to pay you less. You deserve legal protection of your own. A personal injury lawyer can help you present strong evidence, advance your claim and force them to give you the amount you need.
- Don’t sign ANYTHING from the insurance company. In a typical personal injury case, the insurance company will make you a cash offer almost right away. They may send you a check and some paperwork to sign. Do not take it! This money can be tempting because you already have medical bills to worry about, but it’s only a fraction of what your injury may end up costing you. Don’t risk signing away your future. Talk to a lawyer before you give the insurance company any recorded statement or sign any paperwork.
How do I know if I have a case or not?
The only way to know for sure whether you have a personal injury case is to speak to a professional. Even if your injury was a complete accident, it may count for an insurance claim, and the money from that claim could help you through a financially difficult recovery. We also find that many injury victims end up blaming themselves—they think the accident was their own fault, and so they don’t think they deserve any payment. This is usually far from the truth. If someone else’s carelessness or lack of forethought contributed to your accident, they were negligent and their insurance should cover the cost of your injury.
Many types of accidents qualify as personal injury claims, including:
- Any kind of car, truck or motorcycle crash
- Slip and fall accidents
- Being injured when assaulted by a criminal
- Elder neglect or nursing home abuse
- Injuries caused by a defective product
- Harmful prescription drugs or wrongly filled prescriptions
These are only examples. Nearly any kind of injury can qualify for a financial recovery in the right circumstances. Your financial recovery could be worth tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or more.
Dalton Personal Injury Lawyer Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear-end Collisions
- Slip and Falls
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
What does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer in Dalton?
It should cost you nothing out of pocket, period. At John Foy & Associates we know that most injury victims go through an extremely difficult time financially. We don’t believe it’s right to charge you anything before you even know if you’ll get a financial recovery. That’s why we offer a very simple payment structure:
- Your first consultation and every consultation is 100% FREE.
- You pay nothing out of pocket.
- You pay us nothing if we don’t get you a financial recovery.
The only way we get paid is if we win a recovery for you. Our fee then comes out of your financial recovery, and you keep everything else.
Do I have to go to court?
Usually no. Most personal injury cases never go to trial, and many don’t even involve a lawsuit. When you contact us we will start by simply putting pressure on the insurance company. We have our investigators put together strong evidence showing the severity of your injury, and we estimate the full amount it will cost you—including missed work time and any physical therapy or other treatments you need. Often, we can get the insurance company to come up to this number at the bargaining table, without ever going to court.
If the insurance company refuses to budge, we could take the case all the way to the local courts. You are the one who decides whether to take this step. If your case does go to court, we’ll handle everything and make it as easy as possible for you.
Is there a deadline to file an injury claim in Dalton?
Yes. In the City of Dalton, the deadlines are set forth by Georgia state law and federal law. The exact deadline depends on the particulars of your case. In some cases you may have up to two years to file a claim. In others, you might have only a few weeks from the date you were injured.
Don’t risk missing the deadline. If you wait too long, you may not have a claim at all—or a financial recovery. Speak to a lawyer as quickly as possible after your injury.
Speak to a Dalton Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates has been helping people with injuries for over 20 years. We have the experience and the knowledge to help you understand your case and get the biggest recovery possible. We also offer a free, no-risk consultation. Let us help you. Call us at 706-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.