If you were hurt in Gainesville, you could find yourself saddled with steep costs including hospital bills, medication, and weeks or months of missed work time. In some cases you may not be able to return to work at all. But you may not have to face these costs on your own and you may have a legal right to recover some or all of the money. We see far too many accident victims who wait too long to investigate their legal options, and end up missing their chance. Don’t miss out—speak to a Gainesville personal injury lawyer today.
At John Foy & Associates, our mission is helping injury victims like you. We have worked for 20 years representing the interest of individuals and families shaken by accidents. In that time, we have grown from a small local law office to one of the largest and most respected personal injury law firms in the City of Gainesville. We have even acquired a nickname, “the Strong Arm law firm,” because we put so much pressure on insurance companies and force them to give our clients the money they deserve.
Let us help you. We will sit down with you for a free consultation and help you understand your legal options. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
Two Things to Do after Any Accident in Gainesville, GA
It’s not easy to take action after a serious injury. Many accident victims we speak to are dealing with intense pain, the frustration of missing work, expensive medical bills, and an uncertain future. You may not even know how fully you will recover from your injury or if you will ever have your full health again. If this is you, remember: you are not alone. We have helped hundreds of accident victims through this difficult time. Your future doesn’t have to be a question mark, and you don’t have to let the bills overwhelm you. But you do have to know the right steps to take to get the recovery you’re owed.
After your accident, there are just two important things you must do:
- Speak to an experienced Gainesville personal injury lawyer. The only way to know for sure whether you have a case is to get the advice of a professional. Insurance companies have an army of lawyers to use against you. Don’t try to deal with them alone. You need an experienced attorney of your own.
- Don’t sign anything the insurance company sends you. Insurance companies want to make you believe you’re getting their last and best offer. They will often send you a quick check right after your injury—money that seems too good to be true at first. But signing that check means signing away your right to any future payment, and the medical bills may keep coming. Remember, the insurance company’s only goal is to save money. Don’t sign anything they give you until you’ve spoken to a lawyer.
to find a John Foy office near you
How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
The most important rule is not to talk yourself out of thinking you have a case. We see far too many accident victims who blame themselves, even though their injury is not their fault. Others simply chalk it up as something that happened by pure chance, and couldn’t have been prevented. From a legal perspective, neither of these views is right. The reality is: if you were injured through no fault of your own, you likely have a case.
Typically a personal injury case centers on the idea of “negligence.” Negligence means that your injury may have been an accident, but it could have been avoided if someone else had been more careful. Examples of negligence include:
- A store owner who mops the floor but doesn’t put up a “wet floor” sign
- A land owner who leaves a hazard uncovered, like an old well, and doesn’t fence it off
- Someone who backs their car out of their driveway without looking
This doesn’t mean the person responsible is a bad person. In most personal injury cases, no one had any malicious intent. But someone did something foolish or reckless, that they knew could end up causing an accident—and you ended up getting hurt. That means you have a case.
Specific types of accidents that may count as personal injury claims include:
- Car accidents and truck, motorcycle or bike accidents
- A vehicle striking a pedestrian or cyclist
- Slipping, tripping or falling
- Being injured by a mugger or other criminal
- Abuse or neglect in a nursing home
- Injuries caused by a defective product
- Injuries or medical conditions caused by a prescription drug
- Being given the wrong medication at a hospital
- Injuries cause by medical malpractice
The best way to know if you have a case is to speak to a personal injury lawyer. Almost any kind of injury can qualify.
Gainesville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How much does it cost to hire a Gainesville, GA personal injury lawyer?
At John Foy & Associates we believe that finances shouldn’t hold anyone back from getting proper legal representation. That’s why we charge you nothing to speak to a lawyer, nothing out of pocket and nothing unless we get you money.
Instead, we only take our fee out of the money we win for you. If we don’t get you a financial recovery, we don’t get paid at all. That makes sure we are truly working for our client’s best interests, and it means you can hire a lawyer risk-free.
Is there a deadline to file an injury case in Gainesville, GA?
Yes. Personal injury cases carry complex deadlines depending on the type of case and who is involved. In Gainesville, the courts follow statutes of limitations set by both Georgia law and federal law. In some cases you may have a year or more to file your claim—but in others, you may have only weeks. The best thing you can do is speak to a lawyer immediately.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Gainesville, call 404-400-4000
Speak to a Gainesville Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates is one of the most respected personal injury firms in the country. Let us help you. When you call us, we’ll sit down for a FREE consultation and give you a professional legal opinion, with no obligation. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.