If you are one of the thousands of people injured in Cartersville each year, you do not have to face your medical costs alone—especially if your accident was not your own fault. Under the law, you have the right to recover the cost of your medical treatment, lost time from work, and other costs. And, in many cases, you can recover much more than the insurance company is offering. You need to talk to a Cartersville personal injury lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates, we’ve earned a reputation as one of the top personal injury law firms in Georgia. From the time we began our law practice more than 20 years ago, we have focused exclusively on helping injured people get the money they need to continue their healing process. Today, our tough approach to insurance companies is so well known that we’re called “the Strong Arm.” We’d like to give you a free consultation to explain what we can do for you. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What should I do after I’ve been injured?
A “personal injury” can mean anything from a simple scrape or sprain to life altering paralysis. Our advice is the same no matter what type of injury you have: be your own advocate, and be cautious when dealing with insurance companies. Here are the two most important things you should do to protect your rights.
- Don’t rush to accept the money the insurance company offers you. It’s common for the insurance company to quickly offer you cash. This can seem like a lifeline, but oftenthe insurance company just wants to settle your claim as cheaply as possible. If you take the quick money, you’ll usually have to agree not to ask for more later. That means you’ll be out of luck if—like many people—you discover your treatment is more complicated or will take longer than you thought. We always recommend you talk to a lawyer before you take money or sign anything from the insurance company.
- Schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer. Aside from seeing a doctor, a visit with a lawyer is the best thing you can do for yourself. An experienced personal injury lawyer deals with insurance companies and cases like yours every day. They can tell if you have a strong case, can refer you to medical specialists who know how to assess your injuries and their long-term cost, and can help you decide what to do. A lawyer may help you get much more money than the insurance company’s first offer.
to find a John Foy office near you
What counts as a valid personal injury claim?
You probably have a valid claim if your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence. This doesn’t mean that someone hurt you on purpose. It just means that they were careless. Common examples of negligent behavior include a driver who was texting in traffic or a business owner who didn’t bother to clean up a spilled drink. If someone else was negligent, you have a right to recover money from their insurance company for your injuries.
We often work on these types of personal injury claims:
- Car, truck and bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents involving cars and pedestrians or bicyclists
- Mugging injuries
- Nursing home neglect
- Product defects
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
Cartersville Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Cartersville Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bite
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear End Collision
- Slip and Fall
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist
- Workers Compensation
Will I have to sue someone for my personal injury claim?
Going to court is fairly rare. We do file lawsuits sometimes, usually when an insurance company is stubborn and won’t negotiate. If you end up in this situation, we will give you our honest opinion of how strong your case is and your chances of winning in the local courts. If you choose to file a lawsuit, we will work with you to make the process as stress-free as we can.
But most of our clients never see the inside of a courtroom. We resolve most of our cases through tough negotiations with the insurance companies. We can do this because we take the time to investigate every case thoroughly. We develop evidence about why your injury happened, and we get expert medical opinions about the treatment you will need and what it will cost. When we show our proof to the insurance companies, they frequently offer a large amount of money right away.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Cartersville, call 404-400-4000
What will a personal injury lawyer cost me in Cartersville?
At John Foy & Associates, we don’t think you should have to pay for legal help your of your own pocket. So we have created an easy payment system:
- Your consultation with us is free
- While we handle your case, we won’t send you a bill or ask you to pay out of pocket for our services
- We won’t charge you anything, ever, unless we win money for you
If we do succeed in getting you a financial recovery, we will take a percentage as our fee, and the rest goes to you. This gives you immediate access to legal help, without any financial risk.
If you live near Stone Mountain, Georgia and need a personal injury lawyer, please visit our Stone Mountain’s personal injury page.
How long do I have to file an injury case in Cartersville?
There are deadlines for filing injury claims in the City of Cartersville, but the exact amount of time depends on the facts about your injury. For many people, the deadline is two years from the date you were hurt. But in other cases the deadline can be just a matter of weeks. If you miss these deadlines, in most cases it means you won’t be able to recover money—even if you would have otherwise. This is why we recommend talking to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Cartersville Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we have one goal: to help injured people get the money they need to put their lives back on track. We’d like to show you how we can help you. Let us sit down with you for free to go over your claim and put you on the road to a full financial recovery. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.
Call or text 404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form