Any injury or accident can life changing. If you were involved in any kind of accident in the Grayson area, John Foy & Associates can help. Do not blame yourself for your injury—there’s a strong possibility that you could be reimbursed for missed work days, medical expenses and other costs. We have over 20 years of experience winning personal injury cases against insurance companies, and we always represent the victim—never big corporations. Our strong success rate for our clients has earned us the nickname “the Strong Arm of Georgia.”
Let John Foy & Associates give you a free consultation with a Grayson personal injury lawyer. Your consultation is your chance to get your questions answered and find out if you have a case. Call us and get your free consultation today at 404-400-4000.
What Should I do if I’ve Had an Accident or Injury in Grayson?
Being involved in an accident can put your life on hold. The injuries sustained can cause severe physical pain, financial strain and stress. Your injury can even leave you unable to work—sometimesindefinitely.
We’ve helped many clients in your position. We understand that you’re worried about how to pay for your medical bills, and whether you will ever recover your health. But you do have options, and we can help you enforce your legal right to a financial recovery. Your financial recovery can help take care of the unexpected expenses and get your life back to normal. But you have to take action after your injury to get it. There are two very important steps you should take after any accident:
- Call a reputable personal injury lawyer. Many injury victims think they don’t need a lawyer, or that they can deal with the insurance company directly. But the insurance company is not your friend. They will look for a way to pay you the absolute lowest amount possible. A personal injury lawyer has the experience to know what your claim is really worth. They can gather evidence, prepare your case, and potentially negotiate a dollar amount for you.
- Don’t respond to the insurance company until you’ve spoken to a lawyer. You may receive a check in the mail soon after your accident, along with paperwork requiring your signature. Don’t sign anything, and don’t accept the check! This money is designed to tempt you, because the insurers know you need to take care of mounting medical bills and other expenses. But in many cases that dollar amount is only a fraction of what your real medical bills could end up costing you—and you have to sign away your rights to take it. Don’t fall for it. Talk to a lawyer before you accept any money.
How do I Know if I Have a Case?
The only way to know for sure is to talk to a lawyer. Your lawyer can determine who was at fault, and if someone else’s negligence was the cause of your accident. If someone else did contribute to your accident, their insurance may cover the cost of your injury. The money from an insurance claim can also provide the financial relief you need for your family and time missed from work.
Here are some of the most common types of injury accidents that qualify as personal injury claims:
- Car accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Any defective product resulting in injury
- Medical malpractice
- Misfilled prescriptions
- Slips, trips and falls
- Criminal assault resulting in injury
Will my Case Go to Court?
Usually, personal injury claims do not involve a trial. If we determine that you have a case, we will begin putting pressure on the insurance company right away. We will gather the facts and present a strong case, demanding the full dollar amount for your damages. Often, we can negotiate a much larger settlement than the insurance company’s initial offer—without going to court.
In some cases the insurance company will reject an offer. In this situation, we may advise taking your case all the way to the local courts. We make this recommendation based on two factors: the details of your case, and whether or not we think you’ll win. If your case does go to trial, we will handle everything. Our primary goal is to represent your best interests, so that you can put your life back together.
How Much will it Cost me to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Grayson?
At John Foy & Associates, we believe it shouldn’t cost you anything to speak to a personal injury lawyer, nor should there be any out of pocket fees. We have seen other law firms that charge these types of fees, getting paid whether they win or lose your case, and we don’t believe this practice is in your best interest. Instead, we make it easy for you to get the legal assistance you need:
- All consultations with John Foy & Associates are FREE
- You never pay anything out of pocket
- We don’t get paid if we don’t win you money
If we win your case and get a financial recovery for you, we get paid a percentage as our fee. The rest is yours. We believe that this is a fair, risk-free way to do business with you.
Is There a Deadline for Taking Action After my Accident Injury?
Yes. In the City of Grayson, the time limits for filing a personal injury case are determined by Georgia state law and U.S. federal law. These deadlines will vary, depending on the specific nature of your case. In some cases you may have up to two years, while in others you have only weeks. Do not wait—talk to a lawyer as soon after your injury as possible.
Talk to a Grayson Personal Injury Lawyer for FREE.
John Foy & Associates has over 20 years of experience handling personal injury cases. Let us put our knowledge of the law to work for you. We offer a free, no-risk consultation. Call us at 404-400-4000, or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.