If you were injured in Duluth and your injuries were not your fault, you may have a legal right to recover money. You don’t need to take on the cost of medical treatment and lost time from work—your recovery could help you pay for your doctors, prescriptions and more. You need to talk to a Duluth personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
At John Foy & Associates, our law firm was created to help people deal with their injuries. We began more than 20 years ago with a small local law office, and we have built one of the largest and most successful legal practices in Georgia. They call us “the Strong Arm” because we know how to be tough on insurance companies that don’t want to pay out on claims. We’ve got the experience to get you what you deserve. We’ll sit down with you, for free, to talk about a case and explain your options. Call John Foy & Associates and get your free consultation today at 404-400-4000.
What should I do if I’m injured?
Always see a doctor if you are injured, even if you don’t have to be rushed to the emergency room. It is also important to be careful when dealing with insurance companies or making statements about your injury. Here are two important things to remember:
- DO NOT sign any insurance company paperwork. Many times, an insurance company will step in and offer money right away. It’s a tempting offer, especially if you are already worried about paying your bills. But you must understand that insurance companies are offering you this money because they hope to resolve your claim quickly and cheaply, earning a bigger profit for themselves. Accepting the money means signing away your right to potentially recover much more money later, after you understand what your injuries will really cost. Always talk to a lawyer before taking money or signing anything from the insurance company.
- DO meet with a personal injury lawyer. A good personal injury lawyer has years of experience with injuries like yours and is an old hand at dealing with insurance companies. A lawyer levels the playing field between you and the insurance company, working to get you the full amount of money you are legally entitled to. A lawyer can tell you if you have a strong case and can send you to the right doctors to get a full diagnosis and estimate of what your injury will cost. Meeting with a lawyer is the single best thing you can do to protect yourself after an injury.
to find a John Foy office near you
How can I tell if I have a legitimate claim?
If you were injured and it was not your fault, you probably have a claim. After an injury, it’s natural to look for explanations, blaming yourself or chalking it up to a freak accident. But the law sees things differently. Legally, everyone has a duty to be careful in their actions, whether that means following traffic laws, paying attention, keeping property safe for visitors, or controlling animals. Most of the time, injuries happen because someone wasn’t as careful as they should have been In legal terms, they were “negligent.” A negligent party is liable for your injuries.
Some of the most common types of personal injury claims include these:
- Car, truck or other vehicle accidents
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian and bike accidents
- Assault injuries
- Nursing home injuries
- Injuries caused by defective products
- Injuries from dangerous medical devices
- Injuries from harmful prescription drugs
But we have also seen valid claims from many other types of injuries.
Duluth Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Will I have to sue somebody to win my personal injury claim in Duluth?
Probably not. Occasionally we run into a stubborn insurance company that absolutely refuses to negotiate a fair amount. Sometimes they have too much confidence in their own evidence, and sometimes they think they can undermine your witness testimony at trial. Regardless of the reason, if the insurance company won’t bend in your case, our Duluth personal injury lawyer we will explain your options and give you our opinion on the strength of your case. If you decide to file a case in the local courts, we will be with you the whole way.
More often, however, we use our “Strong Arm” negotiating tactics to convince the insurance company to offer you a reasonable financial recovery. Our Duluth personal injury attorneys can do this because we are always prepared. We investigate every claim ourselves, drawing on police reports, expert medical evidence, witness testimony and more to build the strongest case possible. When the insurance company sees our evidence, it will often offer significantly more money.
What will a personal injury lawyer cost me in Duluth?
Our Duluth injury lawyers don’t think it’s fair to charge you out of pocket for legal help after an injury. That’s why we have a different payment structure at John Foy & Associates:
- You pay nothing for your consultation
- You pay nothing up-front, ever
- You pay nothing at all if we don’t win you money
If we do get you money, you’ll pay us a percentage at the end. You have the legal help you need, and we take the financial risk.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Duluth, call 404-400-4000
Is there a time limit for filing an injury claim in Duluth?
The City of Duluth follows state and federal laws that set strict deadlines for injury claims. These deadlines vary depending on your situation, so some injury victims have much more time than others. Many people have up to two years to file a claim, but some only have a matter of weeks. To avoid missing a deadline and giving up your rights, it is important to meet with an injury lawyer right away.
Speak to a Duluth Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we help injured people. It’s all we do. Let us show you how our experienced personal injury lawyers can get you the money you need to recover as fully as possible. We will give you a free consultation to talk about your case and explain your options. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.