Rear end collisions happen nearly every day in Warner Robins. Overall, rear-ending is a factor in about half of all two car accidents. Some of these are just minor incidents, but rear end accidents can also cause serious injuries or even fatalities. If you’ve been hurt in a rear end accident, you may have lost time from work, or you may be facing months of treatment and growing medical bills. But you do not have to bear these costs yourself. A good Warner Robins rear end collision accident attorney can help you.
John Foy & Associates has the skill and experience to get you the money you need to pay your medical bills and put your life back together. We have been helping accident victims for over 20 years. In fact, it’s all we do—we never take the side of big insurance companies that don’t want to pay you what your claim is worth. We would like to offer you a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and explain how we can help. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What is a rear end accident in Warner Robins?
To most people, being “rear-ended” means another car slammed directly into your vehicle from behind. But an accident is considered a rear end collision any time the front of one car hits the back of another—even if the hit is off-center or there are other factors contributing to the accident. Some rear end accidents happen on highways and others happen in parking lots or at stop signs. It doesn’t matter where or how the rear end accident occurs—it has the potential to cause serious, lasting injuries.
In the City of Warner Robins, rear end accidents typically involve one of these situations:
- A speeding vehicle
- A car following too closely, or “tailgating”
- A driver who’s not paying attention because of a cell phone or other distraction
- A driver who’s under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Weather-related issues or visibility problems
- A driver who changes lanes too aggressively
to find a John Foy office near you
What injuries do people suffer in rear end accidents?
There are many types of injuries that can happen in a rear end collision, but we see some more often than others. The most common rear end accident injuries are:
- When a car hits you from behind, it exerts great force on your car, throwing your body forward. Fortunately, your seat belt will keep you in your seat, but it does little to protect your neck. When your neck “whips” forward in an accident, you may tear muscles or delicate soft tissues. This is known as whiplash, a painful and unfortunately common consequence of many rear end accidents.
- Head injuries. The force of a collision can also cause you to hit your head on hard surfaces inside the car. The resulting injuries may range from a minor concussion to a traumatic brain injury that can lead to lifetime disability. Even a minor concussion should be taken seriously because it can cause swelling and lead to an ongoing injury.
- Broken bones. In an accident, you may hit your face, hands or wrists on objects or the car itself, causing bone fractures. Broken bones can require emergency room treatment, surgery and physical therapy and can sometimes lead to long-term conditions.
We always recommend that you get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible after your accident. Many rear end injuries appear more minor than they really are, and the sooner you get treatment, the fewer complications you are likely to have.
Warner Robins Rear End Collision Accident Lawyer Near Me 478-400-4000
Are rear end collisions different than other car accidents?
Legally, rear end collisions are treated the same as other accidents. But in our experience, there is one important difference. Under Georgia law, the person who caused an accident must pay for the injuries and damage that result. In many types of auto accident cases, we spend a lot of time proving who is at fault and must pay. In rear end accidents, fault is usually much more straightforward. This is because rear end accidents usually happen when the driver in the rear did something wrong, such as following too closely or texting while driving. The driver in back typically causes the accident and is legally liable.
There are cases that don’t fit this pattern, however. For example, if you are driving on the freeway and a car suddenly cuts you off, causing you to hit the car from behind, the accident is the fault of the driver in front.
What costs will my Warner Robins rear end collision claim cover?
Georgia law allows you to recover ALL of your costs and damages resulting from the accident. Usually, you will be able to recover your costs for:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy or other rehabilitation
- Body shops and other car repairs
- Lost wages—the pay you missed if you lost time from work because of the accident
If you have suffered severe losses such as ongoing pain or a long-term disability, the local courts may also award you additional large amounts of money as damages. We won’t pretend that money can fix what happened or give you back the life you had before the accident. Our hope is that it can give you financial security while you rebuild your life.
You should also know that insurance companies may be quick to offer you money, but their offers almost never come close to the full value of your claim. Insurance companies operate for profit, and they don’t want to pay any more than they absolutely have to. That’s why it’s important to discuss your case with a lawyer before you accept any money or sign anything the insurance company offers you.
For a free legal consultation with a rear end collision accidents lawyer serving Warner Robins, call 478-400-4000
Is there a time limit for rear end accident claims in Warner Robins?
All accident claims in Georgia have strict deadlines, known as “statutes of limitations.” Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the statute of limitations that applies to your case may be only a few months, or it may be up to two years. If you miss this deadline, you will no longer be able to get money for your accident—no matter how strong your case is. You need to talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your accident.
Talk to a Warner Robins Rear End Accident Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we have one goal: to get you the money you deserve after an accident. We’d like you to see what we can do for you. Visit us for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your accident and your injuries and help you figure out what to do next. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.