An accident can happen in an instant, but it can change your life forever. If you have been hurt in an accident in Brookhaven, you may be able to recover money to pay for your medical bills, long-term care and treatment, lost income and other expenses—especially if it wasn’t your fault. You need to talk to a Brookhaven personal injury lawyer.
For the past 20 years, John Foy & Associates has dedicated itself to a single goal: helping people get the money they need to pay for the losses suffered in an accident. Since our beginning as a small local law practice, we’ve become one of the top names in personal injury law in the country.
In fact, they call us “the Strong Arm” because we take such a tough stance with insurance companies. Our Brookhaven personal injury lawyers would like to help you get the money you are legally entitled to.
Let us give you a free consultation to talk about your case. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What Should I Do If I Was Injured?
You should always see a doctor, even if you think your injuries aren’t serious. We’ve seen many painful injuries that got worse over time, especially without treatment. Beyond that, there are two very important things you can do to protect yourself financially.
- Don’t take the first money the insurance company offers. Insurance companies often swoop in with a “nice” offer of quick cash. You may be pleased that they’re being so helpful, and tempted to take it because you need the money. Don’t do it. The insurance company may be trying to settle your claim before you’ve had a chance to get a full evaluation or figure out what your injuries will really to cost long-term. Never accept a check, sign anything, or make a formal statement without talking to a lawyer.
- Do talk to a good personal injury attorney. This may be one of the most important financial steps you ever take. A personal injury attorney works with insurance companies and cases like yours every day. They can help you decide whether you have a good case and what you should do next—and they can connect you with doctors who understand your injuries and what treatment you really need. A lawyer’s help can sometimes bring you tens of thousands of dollars more money than you might otherwise have received.
Get the strong arm
How do I Know If I Have a Valid Personal Injury Claim?
In most cases, you have a valid claim if your accident wasn’t your fault. Many of the accident who come to us for consultations think they must have done something wrong, or that the accident happened out of the blue.
But legally, someone is usually responsible because they were negligent. “Negligent” means someone wasn’t as careful as they should have been. Even if someone didn’t mean to harm you, if they were negligent and their negligent caused your injuries, they are legally liable.
We frequently handle these types of personal injury claims:
- Car and truck accidents
- Trips or slips and falls
- Bicycle or pedestrian accidents
- Attacks, including being injured during a mugging
- Nursing home neglect
- Product defects
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
There are many other types of accidents that can also lead to successful personal injury claims.
Brookhaven Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear-End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Will I Have to Go to Court for My Personal Injury Claim?
Court cases are the exception, not the rule. Most of our cases are resolved through our negotiations with insurance companies. But occasionally the insurance company won’t negotiate. This typically happens because the insurance company thinks it has a stronger case than we do, or believes it can make you look bad in front of a jury.
In a case like this, we will give you our professional opinion about the strength of your case and the pros and cons of going to the local courts. If you choose to go to court, our litigation team is ready to help you throughout the process.
Usually, though, negotiations lead to a settlement before any court case is ever filed. At John Foy & Associates, we’ve earned a reputation as tough negotiators who know how to get money out of insurance companies.
We approach every case the same way—by starting an investigation into how the accident happened, the injuries you suffered, and what your treatment will cost. This gives us the ammunition we need to hammer out the best deal possible with the insurance company. Often our evidence alone leads to a substantial financial recovery.
How Much Will I Have to Pay for a Personal Injury Lawyer in Brookhaven?
We don’t believe you should have to pay money out of pocket at your time of need. At John Foy & Associates, we have a simple way to keep our services affordable:
- Consultations are free, with no obligation
- We never ask you to pay anything out of pocket
- We will not charge you anything at all if we can’t win money for you
If we do recover money for your injuries, our fee is a percentage of what you win. Everything else is yours. We think this is the fairest and most risk-free way to help you.
Is There a Time Limit for Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Brookhaven?
Yes, all injury claims have time limits known as statutes of limitations. In the City of Brookhaven, these deadlines are established by both federal and state laws, and the one that applies to your case will depend on your specific circumstances. For example, many accident victims have two years from the date of the accident to make a claim.
But some people must get their claims on file within weeks. Missing the statute of limitations deadline usually means you can’t get any money for your injuries. That’s why we urge you to see a lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Brookhaven Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy and Associates, we want you to get the money you need to treat your injuries and put your life back on course. Let us show you how we can put our 20-plus years of experience to work for you. We’d like to give you a free consultation to talk about your case.
Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.