About half of accidents involving two cars in Griffin are rear-end collisions. These types of accidents might not cause as much car damage as other types of collisions, but injuries can be just as bad or far worse. If you were injured in a rear-end collision, you could face up to tens of thousands of dollars for medical costs associated with being rear-ended. Don’t let this unfortunate incident deplete your bank account and sanity; speak with a Griffin rear-end collision accident lawyer today.
At John Foy & Associates, we’re here to help victims who were rear-ended and are now facing injuries and other damages for someone else’s negligence. With over 20 years in the business, we’ve earned a long reputation for success and service. We only represent victims of car accidents and other personal injuries, and we never take the side of the insurance companies. For a FREE consultation to discuss your situation, call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right today.
Who is at fault in a rear end accident in Griffin?
Rear end collisions are treated the same as other car accidents in Griffin, but there is one big difference: it’s usually very easy to tell who is at fault. Rear end collisions are always caused by the driver in the back doing or not doing something that led to the collision. That could be:
- texting or talking on the phone
- tailgating the driver in front
- Driving under the influence
- or anything else can cause the driver to be distracted or unable to drive safely.
And according to Georgia law, that person is now legally liable for the accident and their insurance company should pay for damages the victim suffered as a result.
This usually makes proving fault much easier than other car accident cases. However, exceptions do sometimes exist. For example, if the driver cuts off another driver unexpectedly by changing lanes without turning on their blinker, the first driver could be at fault even though they were in front.
to find a John Foy office near you
Why does my neck hurt?
You’re likely experiencing the effects of whiplash, the most common injury to result from rear-end collisions. Whiplash is caused by your head being propelled forward as the car is hit from behind and then whipped back quickly as the car comes to a stop. This motion happens so suddenly and violently that it can stretch and tear the muscles and tissues in your neck, causing whiplash. Whiplash can range from minor to severe, but in either case, it can cause a lot of pain for the victim.
Other common injuries from rear-end collisions include:
- Head injuries from your head hitting the windshield, steering wheel, dashboard, airbag, or other parts of the car. This could cause headaches, minor to major concussions, or even more severe traumatic brain injuries. Head injuries should not be taken lightly, as they can lead to long-term damage and impairments.
- Back injuries from spine compression and damage to discs in the spinal column. Rear end crashes can put extreme amounts of pressure on your vertebrae, resulting in lower back pain, soreness, or spine injuries that can last a lifetime.
- Broken bones from hitting any part of your body on the car’s interior. This can especially cause damage to hands, wrists, arms, and legs as they don’t have anything holding them down when a rear-end collision happens. These types of injuries I can include sprained or broken wrists, dislocated shoulders, and broken ribs or collarbones. Some bone fractures can require surgery to heal properly.
- Facial injuries from your face hitting objects in the car. Facial scarring and disfigurement from a rear end collision can require long-term medical treatment and even surgeries.
These are just examples of why it’s so important to get medical attention right away if needed after any car accident, especially rear-end accidents. Any injury, even if it seems minor at first, can develop into a serious injury.
Griffin Rear End Collision Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
What costs can I recover if I was rear-ended?
Georgia law gives you entitlement to financial recovery for any damages you have resulting from being rear-ended. These damages can include:
- All medical bills to treat injuries you suffered from the accident
- Prescription medications needed for treatment or pain management
- Rehabilitation costs like physical therapy
- Missed pay for having to take off work due to the accident
- Costs for damage to your car, including repairs or even buying another one
Serious rear-end accidents may warrant you even more money. As long as there were physical injuries too, the local courts might award you money for pain and suffering damages or permanent disabilities. Although money can’t ever replace what you lost from the accident, we have found it brings our clients peace of mind to afford treatments and pay for costs they face to help them recover as fully as possible after the accident.
You should also be wary of any money the insurance company offers you right away after the accident. More than likely, the amount will be a low-ball offering that doesn’t come close to what you deserve and need for your expenses. This is why it’s so crucial to contact a Griffin rear-end collision accident lawyer who can help recover the costs you actually deserve.
Talk to a Griffin Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer for Free
If you were rear-ended and are now facing injuries and damages for someone else’s negligence, don’t suffer alone. Our attorneys here at John Foy & Associates are here to fight for you. And we’d like to offer you a FREE consultation to discuss how we can help your rear-end collision case. Simply call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the online form to your right for your free, no-risk consultation.