If you have been injured in Warner Robins, you may wonder how you’re going to pay your doctor bills and make up for lost time from work. But you don’t have to pay for an injury that wasn’t your fault—and you may have a right to recover money. You need to talk to a Warner Robins personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has been aiding injured people for more than 20 years. In the beginning, we were just a small local law practice, but over the years we’ve earned a reputation as “the Strong Arm” for our ability to drive a hard bargain with insurance companies. We are now one of the biggest and most respected personal injury firms in the state. Let us put our size and experience to work for you. We’ll give you a free consultation to discuss your case and help you decide whether to file a claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What should I do if I’m injured in Warner Robins?
Injuries can happen in many ways and for many reasons—from a devastating car crash to a slip on a spilled drink in a fast food restaurant. Your injuries may heal quickly or may lead to permanent conditions. No matter how you are injured, you should do two major things to protect yourself:
- Don’t accept money or sign paperwork from an insurance company. Insurance companies like to offer money immediately after an injury. The thing about these offers is that they’re almost always way too low. You don’t even know the full extent of your injuries or the cost of your treatment. But if you take this quick money, you’ll have to sign away your right to recover anything else—even if you find out your injuries will cost far more than you originally thought. Get legal advice before you take money or sign anything.
- Meet with a personal injury lawyer. A good lawyer will consult with you for free, so there’s no risk involved. A personal injury lawyer knows the law, understands how insurance companies operate, and works on cases like yours every day. A lawyer can help you see whether you have a claim and can refer you to doctors who understand your condition and what it will cost. Having a lawyer on your side can mean tens of thousands of dollars more than that first insurance company offer.
How can I tell if I have a valid personal injury claim?
If you were injured through no fault of your own, you probably have a valid claim. This surprises many injury victims, who believe they must somehow be responsible, or that their injuries were somehow unavoidable. But under the law, most injuries are caused by someone’s negligence. If someone had been more careful, paying better attention, or following the law, the injury would never have happened. A negligent person isn’t necessarily hurting others on purpose, but when someone is negligent, they (or their insurance) are legally responsible for all the injuries and damage that happen because of it.
What injury claims are most often considered by lawyers?
- Car, truck and other vehicle accidents
- Slip or trip and fall accidents
- Accidents where a car hits a bicyclist or pedestrian
- Injuries that happen during muggings
- Nursing home neglect
- Defective product claims
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
But these are just some of the most common types of personal injury claims. Almost any kind of injury can lead to a valid claim.
Will I have to sue someone for my personal injury claim?
Almost all personal injury claims are against insurance companies, not people—and many never involve lawsuits.
Sometimes, an insurance company does dig in its heels and refuse to negotiate. If this happens in your case, we will take the time to give you our best professional opinion about the strength of your case, your chances in court, and the risks involved. It’s always up to you to decide whether we file a case in the local courts, but if you do go to court, our litigation team will work hard for you.
Usually, though, we resolve claims with the insurance company before the case ever gets to court. At John Foy & Associates, we are known for our ability to be tough negotiators. We come to the bargaining table well prepared because we’ve already done our own investigation into your injuries and the way they happened. We give the insurance company a complete picture of your injuries and the full amount they will cost. This alone often convinces them to give you a large financial recovery.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost in Warner Robins?
At John Foy & Associates, we don’t believe you should have to worry about what your personal injury lawyer in Warner Robins, GA, costs. So we’ve developed a simple system that makes our legal services affordable for everyone:
- Consultations are 100% FREE
- You won’t pay us a penny out of pocket for our services
- We’ll never ask you to pay anything if we don’t win money for you
If we do win you money, we’ll collect our fee at the end, as a percentage. The rest is yours to keep. Ours attorneys in Russell Warner, GA, take on the financial risk so you can have legal help when you need it most.
What’s the deadline for making a personal injury claim in Warner Robins?
State and federal laws impose strict deadlines on personal injury claims in the City of Warner Robins and elsewhere in Georgia. Deadlines vary depending on the details of your injury—you could have anywhere from a few months to two years to file your claim. It’s important that you don’t miss your deadline, however, or you will usually lose your right to recover any money at all. You need to see a personal injury lawyer as soon as you can.
Talk to a Warner Robins Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, our law firm in Peachtree City. has one mission: to help injured people recover the money they need and deserve. We’d like to give you a free consultation to discuss your injuries and help you decide what to do. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.