Rear-end collisions are a common type of accident in Acworth that can range from high speed highway collisions to parking lot fender benders. Though many people involved in smaller rear-end accidents walk away with minor injuries and minimal damage to their car, it’s important to approach any accident, no matter the apparent severity, with caution and preparedness. Injuries that seem minor at the time can develop into chronic conditions that last a lifetime. You need to protect your rights. Take the time to consult with an Acworth rear-end collision lawyer.
The attorneys of John Foy & Associates bring knowledge, compassion and a tireless work ethic backed by more than twenty years of experience. Our lawyers know how to negotiate with insurance companies, offer the best legal advice, and present the best case in court to get you the settlement you and your loved ones deserve. We charge you nothing if we cannot recover money for you. Let us give you a FREE consultation. Call today at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to the right for a free consultation.
If my injuries are minor, do I really need to file an accident claim?
The smartest thing you can do after any auto accident is call the police, get the other driver’s insurance information, and talk to a lawyer. That’s true even if you don’t seem to have serious injuries at first.
It’s also a good idea to see a doctor—even if you feel unhurt. Here’s why:
- Injuries that seem minor at the time may become chronic without treatment. A doctor can treat minor injuries before they become more serious.
- Individuals who feel no pain at first often feel soreness or pain settle in after a few days.
- If you do later need to file a claim, it’s only going to strengthen it if you can document that you sought medical help from the start.
Getting a professional medical opinion can also help you make sure you’re getting the full amount of money you deserve. Once a settlement has been reached, you cannot file any new claims—even if a minor injury becomes worse, or if treatment does not work as well as you’d hoped.
Ultimately, however, your accident claim is not just about your medical bills. It also covers your car repairs and lost wages for any work time you had to miss due to the accident. In most cases, it’s in your best interest to file a claim even for minor fender benders.
to find a John Foy office near you
How do I know if I need a lawyer?
It can be daunting to hire a lawyer after you’re involved in a rear-end collision. We firmly believe that a professional legal opinion protects your rights and makes sure that you don’t miss out on money that you are owed under the law. However, having a lawyer is particularly important in certain types of cases.
Below are some circumstances where hiring an accident lawyer can be helpful:
- You suffered injuries as a result of being hit in a rear-end collision
- You were in back, and the accident was not your fault because another driver cut you off, which made you hit them, but you don’t know how to prove it
- You currently do not have health insurance and are unsure how to go about getting treatment
- You do not have experience with filing an insurance claim before and are unsure how to proceed
- An insurance company offered you a settlement and you want to know if it’s fair
- You want an experienced professional that can help you get the biggest financial settlement possible
At John Foy & Associates, we do not believe there should be any risk involved in hiring a lawyer—especially for the victim. That’s why we have a firm policy to charge NOTHING if we cannot recover money for you. If we do get you money, we only get paid as a percentage and you keep the majority. That way you pay nothing up front and have no risk.
Acworth Rear End Collision Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How much money can I recover in a rear-end accident in Acworth?
The law allows you to recover ALL of your costs, plus additional money for losses like pain and suffering. In practice, it usually means you get money for all of the following:
- Personal losses such as a permanent or long-term injury, loss of quality of life, extreme pain, visible scarring, or emotional anguish
- The cost of all of your medical bills and treatment
- Any missed work time/lost wages as long as they are related to the accident
- The cost of repairing your car, or replacing it if it’s total (less common in rear-end cases)
The total for all of this may be under $20,000 in a minor collision, or over a million dollars in extreme freeway accidents. Even simple rear-end collisions often return financial recoveries of $50,000 to $100,000 depending on the speeds involved.
What if the driver who hit me doesn’t have insurance?
If you were rear ended by an uninsured driver, you can still file a claim—and you may be able to recover money from several sources. The first thing we check in cases like this is whether own policy includes uninsured motorist insurance (UMI). If so, that means that your insurance company will pay for the damage done to your car as well as your medical bills, up to your coverage amount, even though you were not at fault. In Georgia, car insurance policies include UMI by default, so you may be covered even if you don’t know it.
The other main source we’ll look at is the at-fault driver themselves. Even though they do not have insurance, they are still liable for the damages they caused. You attorney will most likely pursue a claim against them in the courts and get you the financial settlement you deserve. It may take time to get paid the money you are owed, but it IS possible to get it.
For a free legal consultation with a rear end collision accidents lawyer serving Acworth, call 404-400-4000
Talk to an Acworth Rear End Collision Lawyer for Free
Being in a rear-end collision can be a scary, stressful experience, and attempting to negotiate with insurance companies and battle medical bills can be overwhelming. Don’t put yourself through that. The attorneys of John Foy & Associates can take away that stress and fight to get you the financial settlement you deserve. Let us give you a FREE consultation. Fill out the form to the right or call 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
Call or text 404-400-4000 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form