If you were injured in Stockbridge and your injuries were someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to money that will compensate you for your medical costs, missed work days and even the pain you’ve suffered. To maximize your chances for a good financial recovery, it’s essential to speak with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after your injury.
John Foy & Associates has been helping injured people recover money for more than 20 years. When we started, we were just a small law firm, but we have grown into one of the most successful and well-known law offices in Georgia. Our nickname, “the Strong Arm,” reflects just how tough we are on insurance companies that want to deny our clients the money they’re legally entitled to. Our Stockbridge personal injury lawyers will consult with you free of charge to evaluate your case. Call John Foy & Associates for your free consultation today at 404-400-4000.
How do I protect my legal rights after I’ve been injured?
Any injury is stressful and traumatic, and even the injuries that seem minor can turn into serious conditions over time. Whether your injury is small or life-threatening, the best course of action is to advocate for yourself and take steps to protect your rights. The most important things to remember are:
- DO NOT sign any paperwork or accept a settlement from an insurance company. Insurance companies want to make a profit, and they do this by minimizing the amount they have to pay out in claims and settlements. Often, they’ll offer an accident victim fast cash in exchange for a release in which the victim signs away all future rights to compensation. If you accept a settlement before you know the full extent of your injuries, you could be giving up the right to a much greater settlement that would truly compensate you for your injuries. Always talk to a lawyer before you give a statement, sign paperwork or accept a settlement.
- DO consult a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A good personal injury lawyer has experience with accidents and injuries like yours and will be able to tell you whether you have a good case. A lawyer can help you get a medical diagnosis and treatment, can evaluate the long-term cost of your injury, and is experienced in negotiating with insurance companies. Scheduling a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer can be the first step to increasing the insurance company’s initial offer by tens of thousands of dollars.
How do I know if I have a strong claim?
If you didn’t cause your accident, you probably have a claim. But we see many accident victims trick themselves into thinking that they are to blame, or that the accident was nobody’s fault and “just happened.” But legally, that’s not how things work. Accidents don’t happen by themselves, and are almost always caused by someone’s carelessness, also known as “negligence.” This is true of car crashes, pedestrian and bicycle accidents, slip and fall accidents, and many other types of accidental injuries. Negligence doesn’t mean that someone intended to hurt you, but it does mean that the negligent party’s insurance company is legally responsible for your injuries.
We represent clients in all types of personal injury claims. Some of the most common include:
- Car, truck and motorcycle accidents
- Accidents where someone slipped, tripped or fell
- Accidents in which pedestrians or cyclists were hit by cars
- Mugging injuries
- Injuries resulting from neglect in a nursing home
- Injuries resulting from defects in products
- Injuries due to defective or unsafe medical devices
- Injuries from prescription drugs that proved harmful
Almost any sort of injury can result in a personal injury claim.
Will I have to go to court?
Most personal injury claims don’t wind up in court. Occasionally, an insurance company flatly refuses to negotiate with us, even when it’s clear that our client has a valid claim. They may overestimate their own case, or they may think they’ll be able to tear your case apart in front of a jury. If this happens, we will talk to you about the strength of your case and help you decide whether to pursue your claim in the local courts. If you do want to go to court, we are well prepared to handle your case in the courtroom.
Ordinarily, insurance companies don’t take such a harsh position and are willing to negotiate a settlement outside of court. Our lawyers at John Foy & Associates are experienced negotiators who are known for taking a strong stance with insurance companies. We can do this because we investigate every claim on our own, reconstructing what happened and getting the full picture of our clients’ injuries. This allows us to show the insurance companies how the accident occurred and what you will need to aid your recovery. Our evidence is sometimes all the insurance companies need to substantially increase their settlement offer.
What does a Stockbridge personal injury lawyer cost?
You’ve already suffered an injury. We don’t believe you should then have to pay up-front for legal help. Instead, at John Foy & Associates we offer a transparent fee structure:
- A free consultation
- No out of pocket costs
- No payment, ever, if we don’t win money for you
If we are able to negotiate a settlement or win money at trial, you’ll pay us a percentage of your recovery, and you’ll keep everything else. This gives you legal help when you most need it, without any financial risk.
Is there a time limit for filing an injury claim in Stockbridge?
Yes. In the City of Stockbridge, filing deadlines—also known as statutes of limitation—are established by both state and federal law. The deadlines vary depending on the type of case you have, and in some cases you may only have weeks to file your claim. In other cases, you may have up to two years to file. If you miss your deadline, you will be unable to recover money for your accident. Because of this risk, it is important to get legal advice right away.
Talk with a Stockbridge Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we have just one goal: to help the victims of injuries get the financial compensation they deserve. Initial consultations are free, and we’ll answer your questions and advise you on how to get started. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.