An injury can have a devastating effect on your life. But if someone else is to blame for injuring you in Carrollton, you may be able to recover money to pay for your medical treatment and put your life back together. You need to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer.
Helping injured people is the only thing we do at John Foy & Associates. Our law firm was founded more than 20 years ago, and today we are one of the top names in Georgia personal injury law. Some people call us “the Strong Arm” because we’re so tough on insurance companies at the bargaining table. We know what it takes to get you the money you need. Let us give you a free consultation to discuss your injury and explain what we can do for you. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
I’ve been hurt. What should I do?
Even if your injury seems relatively minor, you should always treat it as potentially serious. That means you should see a doctor as soon as possible. It also means protecting your rights and standing up for yourself. We always recommend two things:
- Don’t take the money the insurance company offers you. This may sound odd, since the money will help you pay for medical costs and lost time from work. But we know how insurance companies operate. They like to make an offer right away, when you don’t have any idea what your injuries will cost or how long your recovery will take. They do this because they want to resolve your claim cheaply and make a profit for themselves. If you accept this money, you’ll probably sign away your right to recover more later—even if you find out your care will cost much, much more than you originally thought. Always talk to a lawyer before you sign any insurance company paperwork, take money, or make a formal statement to the insurance company.
- Talk to a personal injury lawyer right away. A lawyer can make the difference between accepting a settlement that won’t even pay your emergency room bills and getting a full financial recovery for your injuries. And the sooner you see a lawyer, the better. A lawyer can give you a realistic assessment of the strength of your case. A lawyer can also refer you to qualified doctors who can tell you what your injuries are and how long they will take to heal. And a lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf—freeing you to focus on your recovery. Some people recover tens of thousands of dollars more just because they talked to a lawyer.
to find a John Foy office near you
How can I tell whether my claim is valid?
Even if you think your injury was a freak accident or was probably your own fault, there’s a good chance you have a valid claim. Liability in an injury case is usually based on “negligence.” This means that your injury happened because someone else wasn’t as careful as they should have been. Negligence can take many forms. Common examples include distracted or illegal driving behaviors, failing to clear away hazards or spills at a business, failing to control an aggressive dog and making an unsafe product. When someone is negligent, they are legally liable and you have a valid claim. You can recover all your costs and damages from the negligent party or their insurance company.
The most frequent types of claims we see include:
- Car, truck, motorcycle and bus accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian and cyclist accidents involving other vehicles
- Injuries inflicted during a mugging or robbery
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription drugs
Almost any type of injury can be a valid personal injury claim.
Carrollton Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Carrollton Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers Compensation
Will I need to file a lawsuit to recover for my personal injuries in Carrollton?
Usually, you can get a substantial financial recovery without ever going to court. Sometimes, however, we do end up filing a lawsuit on our clients’ behalf. This typically happens because the insurance company won’t negotiate with us. It might have overestimated its chances of winning at trial, or it may think it can discredit you on the witness stand. Regardless of the reasons, we will talk with you about the strength of your case and the pros and cons of pursuing it in the local courts. It’s always up to you to decide what to do, and if you do want to go to court, we can be with you every step of the way.
In a more typical case, the insurance company negotiates with us before we have to file any court papers. At John Foy & Associates, we are known for being able to drive a hard bargain with insurance companies. We can do this because we are prepared. In every claim we handle, we conduct our own investigation, uncovering the cause of your injury, the extent of harm, and the long-term cost of recovery. We confront the insurance company with our evidence, and that’s often all that’s necessary to get it to increase its offer significantly.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Carrollton, call 404-400-4000
How much will a personal injury lawyer cost in Carrollton?
We don’t want you to pay out of pocket for legal counsel. Instead, we believe our services should be accessible to everyone.
That’s why we offer a straightforward guarantee:
- Your consultation is FREE
- We charge NOTHING up front for our services
- You pay NOTING if we don’t win money for you
If we do get you a financial recovery, our fees come out at the end, as a simple percentage. We take the risk for you, and you get legal help without worrying about paying the bill.
Talk to a Carrollton Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we have two decades of experience helping people get their lives back on track after an injury. The law entitles you to recover money for your injuries—let us show you how we can help. Sit down with us for a free consultation and we’ll answer your questions and help you get going on your claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.