Motorcycle riders and passengers are more likely to experience accidents on the road and sustain serious injuries from those accidents. Recovering from physical injuries and emotional trauma and replacing or repairing property damage can result in high financial costs.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact John Foy & Associates to consult with a Dalton motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Motorcycle Accident Frequency
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), for the last full year of data collected, “motorcyclists were about 28 times more likely than passenger vehicle occupants to die in a motor vehicle crash and were four times more likely to be injured” per miles traveled.
The Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) reports 3,948 motorcycle accidents in the state for the most recent full year of data collection. Of those accidents, 63% involved crashes with one or more other vehicles.
to find a John Foy office near you
Reasons for Motorcycle Accidents
There are a variety of reasons why motorcycle accidents occur, and determining the reason for your accident is essential for holding the appropriate parties accountable.
Sometimes, vehicle malfunction can cause an accident. In those cases, the part or vehicle manufacturer may own responsibility. If poorly maintained or unlit roadways or non-working traffic signals prompted the accident, the government entities overseeing those factors may be culpable.
If another driver’s recklessness or carelessness caused the accident, that driver holds fault for your injuries and will likely be responsible for paying compensation to victims. Motorcycles are less visible to other drivers than other vehicles, which increases the risk of collision even by careful drivers.
Dalton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 706-400-4000
How Determinations of Fault Affect Your Compensation
If another party bears full responsibility for your accident, under Georgia law, that party is responsible for paying your compensation, usually through their insurance company.
Should you hold some culpability, your compensation will be reduced. Georgia works under a modified comparative system which means plaintiffs only receive compensation if they are found less than 50% responsible for the accident.
If your fault is less than 50%, your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you. In other words, if you are 5% responsible for the accident, you will receive 95%, or 5% less, of the determined financial award.
Secure Legal Representation for Your Dalton Motorcycle Accident Claim
Lawyers’ legal expertise and experience as negotiators make a high settlement more probable than if you handle your case on your own.
Your motorcycle accident lawyer in Dalton will:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident thoroughly to determine fault.
- Collect evidence to prove the extent of your physical and emotional injuries and their long-term consequences, show damage to your property, and argue the at-fault party’s responsibility for the accident. Your lawyer will know what evidence is required to build your case and how to obtain that evidence.
- Prepare and submit all documentation accurately and within the legal timeframes. Personal injury cases must be filed within two years from the date of the accident according to the Georgia statute of limitations.
- Conduct all communication with the at-fault party’s insurance and/or legal representatives. Lawyers are experienced negotiators and will not agree to inadequate settlement offers. Insurance companies want to protect their own interests and, at times, resort to dishonest practices to cast blame on plaintiffs. Your lawyer from the Strong Arm of Georgia will protect you from these unethical efforts.
- Maintain communication with you as your case progresses. Your lawyer will not leave you wondering about the status of your case but will update you regularly.
- Represent you at court proceedings should you take your case to trial. While most personal injury cases settle out of court, there are times when at-fault parties refuse to make a reasonable offer or delay paying compensation. Your attorney will advise you of your options and continue to serve as your legal advocate.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Dalton, call 706-400-4000
Compensation Can Bring Financial Security and a Sense of Justice
Your lawyer will pursue a settlement to recover and acknowledge the losses you and your household have sustained from your injuries. Each case has unique circumstances affecting the value of the settlement. However, coverage general includes
- Medical costs, including all related interventions you have undergone since the accident, and the estimated costs of your future medical care.
- Reduction in earning ability if you cannot work in the same capacity as you did prior to the accident. If you cannot return to work at all, your lawyer will pursue recovery of lost potential wages.
- Lost wages for time spent out of work while recovering from your injuries.
- Replacement of or repairs to your vehicle or other property damaged in the accident.
- Decreased enjoyment of life if you are unable to engage in social, recreational, or other activities, relationships and practices you could pre-accident.
- Emotional and psychological anguish. Your physical pain can lead to emotional distress, and you may suffer from additional anxiety or feelings of isolation and loss because of your new limitations. Financial recognition of this pain can bring the comfort of acknowledgment and a sense of justice served to you and your loved ones.
Wrongful Death Claims Following a Fatal Dalton Motorcycle Accident
If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, your Dalton motorcycle accident lawyer can help you file a wrongful death claim. Wrongful death claims can provide compensation for a victim’s survivors for losses incurred by their loved one’s death.
A wrongful death settlement may cover end-of-life expenses and medical expenses acquired before the victim succumbed to the injuries. Survivors can also fight to recover the victim’s lost future income and receive financial acknowledgment of lost relationships.
How to Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Dalton
It is important to secure legal representation as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident. To schedule a free consultation with a Dalton motorcycle accident attorney, visit our contact page to call or send a message. We will review your case, discuss your options, and will not collect any fees until you receive a settlement.