Suffering a single injury can change months or years of your life—and cost you big money. But you don’t have to face the aftermath of an injury alone. If you or a loved one was injured in Austell, you may be able to recover money for your medical costs, car repairs and lost time from work. You need to talk with an Austell personal injury lawyer.
John Foy & Associates has been helping accident victims recover money for more than two decades. We began as a local law office and have grown into one of the biggest and most well regarded firms in Georgia. They call us “the Strong Arm Law Firm” because of our skill at negotiating with insurance companies. Let our Austell personal injury attorneys give you a free consultation to go over your case and explain your options. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What should I do if I’ve been injured?
Your first step after any injury is to see a doctor and get started on medical treatment. But there are two other important things you can do to protect your rights:
- DO NOT accept money or sign paperwork from the insurance company. The insurance company may offer you cash right away. You may see this as a sign they’re trying to help you, but really it’s a potential trap. Insurance companies offer quick money because they hope you’ll take it before you get a full medical evaluation or understand what your injuries will cost over time. But this money usually comes with a catch—to get it, you must give up your right to get more money in the future. Always talk to a lawyer before you accept money, sign anything, or make a statement to the insurance company.
- DO contact a personal injury lawyer. Consulting with a personal injury lawyer is the single biggest thing you can do to protect yourself after an accident. It means getting a professional opinion from someone who has worked on many other cases like yours. Your lawyer can help you find the right doctors to figure out what your treatment will really cost long-term. Most importantly, having a lawyer on your side can lead to tens of thousands of dollars more than the insurance company first offered you.
How can I tell if my claim is valid?
If you had an accident that wasn’t your fault, you probably have a claim. Many accident victims blame themselves or think that the accident just happened for no reason, but that’s not how the law sees it. Legally, most accidents occur because someone was negligent. You don’t have to cause an accident on purpose to be negligent—negligence simply means that the accident wouldn’t have happened if someone had been more careful. If someone is negligent, they (or their insurance company) are legally responsible for the full cost of your injuries.
We frequently work on these types of personal injury cases:
- Car wrecks and truck accidents
- Slip and fall cases
- Accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists
- Injuries caused by a mugger
- Nursing home neglect
- Defective products
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful prescription medications
Almost any type of injury can be the basis of a valid personal injury claim.
Will I have to take my Austell personal injury claim to court?
It’s rare for personal injury cases to wind up in court. Sometimes we do encounter an insurance company that won’t negotiate, but this is the exception. When this happens, we will advise you on how strong we think your case is, and the risks and potential rewards of going to trial. Then you can decide whether we should file a case in the local courts. If you do go to court, we will continue to handle your case all the way.
Most of the time, accident cases are resolved without the courts. At John Foy & Associates, we know how to handle insurance companies and persuade them to give you what your case is really worth. We start every case by conducting our own investigation, finding out what happened whose fault it was—with hard evidence to back it up. Then we present the insurance company with a complete picture and put the pressure on them to avoid court. Often, they will come back with a much higher offer right away.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
Medical care after an accident can put a strain on your finances. We don’t think it’s fair to also ask you to pay legal fees out of pocket while you’re dealing with an injury. So, at John Foy & Associates, we’ve set up a much simpler system:
- You don’t pay anything for your consultation
- You don’t pay anything up front, ever
- You don’t pay anything at all unless we get money for you
If we succeed in recovering money for you, we’ll take our fee as a percentage of your recovery. The rest is yours to keep. This lets you get good legal help without taking on any financial risk.
Is there a deadline for filing an injury claim in Austell?
Yes. The deadlines for filing injury claims in the City of Austell are set by state and federal law. These deadlines are strictly enforced—if you miss them, you will probably not be able to recover money for your injuries. However, the deadlines can vary depending on the type of case you have. At most, you have two years to file a claim. But your deadline may only be weeks away. This is why it is critical to talk to a personal injury lawyer immediately.
Talk to an Austell Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, our number one goal is to help accident victims and their families. And we’ve been doing it successfully for more than 20 years. Let us sit down with you for a free consultation to explain your rights and discuss your options. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.