Uber is rapidly displacing traditional modes of transportation like the bus, train, and cab in the 21st century. They are one of the most reliable and frequently used modes of transportation in Georgia and are growing seemingly daily.
Both passengers and drivers enjoy the Uber experience, but for the individual injured in an Uber accident in Sandy Springs, Georgia, the experience is anything but pleasant.
Due to the relatively new nature of Uber accidents, you should consult a Sandy Springs Uber accident lawyer. A good place to start will be at John Foy & Associates.
When to Call an Uber Accident Lawyer in Sandy Springs
You don’t usually think about what happens if you get into an accident when booking an Uber ride. As with all drivers, Uber drivers may be involved in accidents that can cause injury to them, their passengers, or other drivers. In the event of an accident, what does the fact that Uber drivers aren’t employees of the company mean in terms of liability?
If you have been in an Uber accident, you may be nervous about pursuing a legal claim. If you are involved in an Uber accident, you may benefit from the guidance of an experienced lawyer at John Foy & Associates.
What to Do After an Uber Accident in Sandy Springs
To build the strongest possible case following an Uber accident in Sandy Springs, you must take certain steps. Here are some of them:
- Immediately call 911: There might be injuries. You still haven’t inspected your injuries to see how severe they are. Some injuries do not appear immediately but may appear hours or days later.
- Get details about the other parties: You want to ensure that you get the other person’s information once you seek medical attention. Also, ensure that all evidence of the accident is preserved.
- Keep your car and road debris away from anyone else: Who knows what may help your claim. Make sure you exchange information with the other driver.
- Give a detailed account: Talk to the police after the crash when they arrive. In addition to witnessing the scene, the police officer will write up a police report. This report can be used in your insurance claim if you request a copy.
- Take pictures: You must take pictures. To prove damages to your personal property, take pictures of your car.
- Consult a lawyer: Before seeking legal advice, many people contact their insurance provider. Before speaking with anyone else, you should speak with a lawyer.
to find a John Foy office near you
Uber Accidents vs Other Vehicle Accidents
We run the risk of getting into a car accident every time we get behind the wheel. Driving more increases your risk of getting into an accident.
Due to the nature of their profession, Uber drivers who have to drive for long periods, even in the wee hours of the morning, are at an increased risk of being in a car accident.
Despite the similarities between regular car accidents and Uber accidents, there are significant differences between them.
An insurance policy with minimal coverage may limit the amount of compensation a victim can receive in a regular car accident. Because Uber has higher insurance coverage, injured parties will be able to receive more compensation for medical bills, lost wages, etc. than they would in a regular car accident case.
Sandy Springs Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Eligible Uber Accident Injury Compensation
Since each accident case is unique, the only way to determine whether you are eligible for compensation is to speak with a personal injury lawyer about your accident. The rideshare driver may be held liable for your medical bills if the accident was caused by negligence on their part.
To receive reimbursement, one must submit receipts for expenses such as emergency room visits, co-pays at the doctor’s office, prescription medications, and physical therapy costs.
If you were injured by an Uber driver’s recklessness, you may need to take some time off work to take care of your injuries. You should not have to miss out on your paycheck if this wasn’t your fault. Therefore, your attorney will seek compensation for lost wages.
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, you must contact John Foy & Associates right away. An Uber accident attorney in Sandy Springs can begin compiling evidence for your strong claim the sooner you hire them.
What Happens if an Uber Drive Doesn’t Have Insurance?
During the first few years of operations, Uber faced an enormous problem regarding their drivers’ insurance coverage: most did not have commercial policies. In their place, they had standard personal policies, which do not cover vehicles used for business.
A company’s decision to extend coverage essentially depends on the likelihood that it will suffer an accident and receive a claim.
A driver who needs to drive for work usually needs a commercial policy, which has much higher premiums than a personal policy. The premiums are quite high for Uber drivers, and few of them purchase commercial insurance.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Sandy Springs, call 404-400-4000
Uber Accident Statistics to Know
The growth of ridesharing companies like Uber has been explosive over the past decade. Sadly, there will be more accidents involving Uber drivers and vehicles, as there are more and more rideshare vehicles and drivers on the road.
These accidents, which are becoming more and more common, are highlighted by data and reports about Uber. Find out more about ridesharing facts below.
Some vital stats include:
- Uber has made 11 billion trips in the United States since it was introduced in 2010.
- 107 people were killed by Uber vehicles between 2017 and 2018. There were 21% riders, 21% drivers, and 58% third parties involved in the crash.
- Traffic accident fatalities due to ridesharing services have increased by 3% since 2011.
- Approximately 987 people are killed each day as a result of ridesharing vehicles.
- The Uber app is used by 91 million people every month.
Call a Sandy Springs Uber Accident Lawyer Today
Recovering the full compensation for your losses in an Uber accident can be frustrating, but it is possible. The Sandy Springs Uber accident attorneys at John Foy & Associates have specialized knowledge and experience to help you make the best decision in an Uber accident liability case. To learn more, fill out the online contact form or call the law offices to schedule a no-cost, risk-free, confidential consultation.