If you’ve been hurt in any kind of accident in Loganville, you may be able to recover all of your costs—including hospital bills, medication costs and lost work time. No matter what kind of accident you had, if it was not your fault then you have rights. Many accident victims don’t realize they could be eligible for a financial recovery until it’s too late, and end up with medical bills in the tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don’t fall into this trap.
John Foy & Associates can help. Our law firm has been helping injury victims for over 20 years, and works with some of the best personal injury lawyers in Loganville and the state. When you contact us, we will sit down with you for a free, in-depth consultation to discuss your case. We can answer your questions, recommend a course of action and help you understand your options.
Let us show you what we can do for you. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get your FREE consultation today.
The Two Things You Must Do After Any Injury in Loganville
Taking any kind of action after an accident or injury can be intimidating. We frequently work with people who live with pain, frustration, and worry about their financial future. Often they aren’t even sure when or if they will recover from their injury. If this sounds like you, remember that you’re not alone. Your bills don’t have to overwhelm you, and it doesn’t have to be hard to take steps to improve your future.
To get a financial recovery for your injury, there are just two things you should do:
- Talk to a Loganville personal injury lawyer. There is no substitute for a professional legal opinion. The insurance companies will do everything possible to avoid paying you, and they have an army of attorneys to help them. Getting a good lawyer on your side evens the odds.
- Don’t sign anything the insurance company gives you. Some insurers will use deceptive tactics to try to get you to give up your rights. Often they will send you quick money just when you need it most—even if the amount isn’t enough to cover all of your bills. Or they’ll delay processing your claim at all, to make you desperate by the time they finally make you an offer. No matter what, if they offer you any amount of money they will want you to sign a waiver saying you give up your rights to more. Never sign anything until you’ve spoken to a lawyer.
Get the strong arm
How do I Know If I Have a Case?
Often, even injuries that seem like total accidents will qualify for a recovery. But we often see clients who wrongly blame themselves, or who believe it was just luck or chance. It’s normal to feel this way, but that isn’t how the law defines an accident. Most accidents can be prevented, and many can be covered by an insurance policy.
Under the law, personal injury cases revolve around the idea of “negligence.” Negligence just means that someone else acted carelessly or inattentively, and if they had been more careful, you never would have gotten hurt. Examples of negligence include:
- A store owner who doesn’t make sure her staff clean up spills quickly
- A driver merging into your lane without using their signal
- A building with a loose, wobbly handrail along a staircase
No one in these examples meant to cause any harm. But that doesn’t matter. They failed to take basic precautions to protect the people around them. The law says that if this negligence results in an injury, the victim has a right to recover their costs.
Some types of accidents that can lead to a successful personal injury claim include:
- Car, truck and bike accidents
- A car hitting a pedestrian
- Slipping and falling
- Being attacked by another individual
- Elder abuse or nursing home neglect
- Injuries caused by a faulty product
- Harmed by a prescription drug
- Misfilled prescription
- Medical malpractice
These are not the only kinds of accidents where you have a right to a recovery. The best way to know if you have a case is to speak to a personal injury lawyer.
Will I Have to Go to Court for My Personal Injury Claim in Loganville?
It depends on your case, but this isn’t common. Most personal injury cases never go to trial. Instead, they’re settled out of court. This is our goal in every case we handle. When we accept your case, we launch an investigation and gather as much evidence as possible.
We build a strong case so we can show the insurance company exactly what happened, and all of the costs you face. In many cases this alone will convince them to make you a sizable financial offer.
However, sometimes they won’t budge. If this happens in your case we will give you the choice of whether to proceed to the local courts or not. We will make a recommendation based on how strong we feel your case is. If you do go to court, we will handle everything for you.
How Much does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost in Loganville?
Our policy at John Foy & Associates is that you pay nothing to speak to a lawyer and nothing ever unless we win you money.
Instead, we offer a very simple payment structure:
- All consultations are free
- You pay us nothing out of pocket
- We only get paid if we win you a financial recovery
We do this so that your choice to hire legal counsel is completely risk-free.
How Much Time do I Have to File an Injury Case in Loganville?
Not a lot. Loganville follows deadlines known as statutes of limitations, set at both the state and federal level. The exact deadline depends on the nature of your case. In some cases you may have up to two years, but in others you have only weeks from the date of your injury. If you miss the deadline, you may lose your chance to recover money.
Talk to a Loganville Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates always takes the side of the accident victim, never the big insurance company. Let us help you. We will give you a free consultation and help you make an informed, no-obligation choice on how to proceed. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.