Truck accidents in Roswell can lead to serious, life-threatening injuries, and other damages. The aftermath of a big rig accident can stay with victims for their entire lives. As the medical bills and other expenses add up, they might wonder if they can recover what they’ve lost.
Thankfully, there is hope after an accident someone else caused. If you or a loved one were injured, contact our Roswell big rig accident lawyers today. We can review your situation and determine your legal rights.
At John Foy & Associates, we don’t collect a fee unless we win your case. We have over 20 years of experience working on complicated trucking accident cases like yours. Call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online to get started with a free consultation.
What a Roswell Big Rig Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
Big rig and other truck accidents are some of the most serious. They’re also more complicated for a few reasons. For one, it’s not always clear who was at fault. Even if the driver caused the accident, the trucking company that employs them might be legally liable.
Big rig accidents are also very costly. You could have many thousands of dollars in bills and losses. You’ll need help from a lawyer who can calculate each damage and fight for your total recovery.
Trucking companies typically have large insurance companies and experienced lawyers. To level the playing field, it’s best to contact a lawyer immediately. Our big rig accident lawyers can help by:
- Gathering evidence from the accident
- Determining who is at fault
- Calculating all of your accident damages
- Working with experts to support your claim
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance company
- Making sure your rights are protected at all times
We’ll also make sure you file your claim in time. In Georgia, the deadline is usually two years to bring a personal injury case, according to the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (OCGA) §9-3-33. We can help you stay on track and build your claim before it’s too late.
to find a John Foy office near you
What Causes Big Rig Accidents
Large truck accidents are more common than people realize. When one of these accidents happens, the results are usually severe. Commercial truck drivers should receive extra training and experience compared to other drivers. However, drivers can still make mistakes or things can go wrong.
The most common causes of big rig accidents include:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers often have strict work deadlines. A driver might cut corners or forgo rest to move cargo faster. Unfortunately, this puts the driver and everyone on the road at risk.
- Distracted driving: There are many distractions in our modern world. A driver might become distracted by text messages, phone calls, GPS, streaming music, or more.
- Poor visibility: Big rigs have large blind spots. If another car stays too long in the blind spot, it can lead to an accident. Poor weather conditions can also lead to visibility issues.
- Driver inexperience: A trucking company might hire a driver who is not fit to drive a big rig. Or the company could fail to properly train a driver before putting them on the job. In either situation, you might have a lawsuit against the company.
Manufacturing defects or maintenance problems can also sometimes cause accidents. If you suspect one of these causes, talk to a lawyer. Your lawyer will investigate every possible cause and help you build a case.
At John Foy & Associates, we know how to determine the cause of your accident. We’re also not afraid to fight for the recovery you deserve. To discuss your accident during a free consultation, call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online.
Roswell Big Rig Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Common Big Rig Accident Injuries
Commercial trucks are enormous compared to passenger vehicles. When they get into an accident, the injuries are often severe. Truck accidents lead to some of the most life-threatening injuries for victims.
Common injuries from big rig accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Severe lacerations and bruising
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
After the accident, victims should get medical treatment as soon as possible. If someone needs an ambulance, call 9-1-1 immediately. Otherwise, see a doctor right after leaving the scene.
Save all medical bills and other evidence of your damages. Take pictures of your injuries if you’re well enough to do so. Also, follow all treatment instructions from your doctor, and go to all follow-up appointments.
When you file an insurance claim, the insurance company might push back. The adjuster could question your injuries or treatment needs. But if you have strong proof of your injuries and doctor visits, it will be hard for the insurer to question your damages.
Seeking Compensation for Your Damages
Medical bills are just one part of a big rig accident claim. Your claim should include any losses you have because of your injuries and the accident. Common personal injury damages include:
- Doctor and hospital bills
- Prescription medications
- Lost wages
- Vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
An experienced lawyer can evaluate your situation for all of your damages. They’ll consider anything that you’ve lost because of the accident. This is crucial so that you don’t get stuck paying out-of-pocket for these costs.
If a loved one was killed in a big rig accident, you might also have a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death claim seeks damages like:
- Medical bills from the loved one’s last injuries
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering your loved one may have experienced before they died
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
Reach out today if you or your family were impacted by a big rig accident. You shouldn’t have to bear the costs of someone else’s actions.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accidents lawyer serving Roswell, call 404-400-4000
Talk to a Roswell Big Rig Accident Lawyer Today
John Foy & Associates understands the severity of big rig accidents. We have been helping accident victims win what they deserve for over 20 years. Plus, we treat each client like family—and fight as hard as we would for our loved ones. Our goal is the fullest recovery possible after your accident.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. There is no fee unless we win you money. Call (404) 400-4000 or contact us online to get started for free.