A back injury can cause excruciating pain and make it difficult to work and live everyday life. If you or a loved one have been hurt due to the carelessness of others, John Foy & Associates has a back injury lawyer in Roswell who can help.
Back injury victims can sustain damage to their nerves, bones, tissues, and muscles. Getting the medical care and treatment it will take to manage your injury is imperative. See a doctor first, then contact a Roswell back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates.
Dealing with Insurance Companies After a Back Injury
The job of an insurance adjuster is to minimize or avoid paying your claim. They work for the insurance company, not for you. It is challenging, without representation, to walk away with a settlement that genuinely helps you restore your quality of life.
We have experience dealing with insurance companies. We will consider all of the damages that you should be awarded. Your back injury attorney will attempt to negotiate the largest, most generous settlement possible. If negotiating does not work, we are ready to fight for you.
Get the strong arm
Accidents Resulting in Back Injuries
A back injury can have long-lasting consequences. They are often due to carelessness and negligence. Here are some examples of possible ways that injuries can occur.
- Falls are one of the most common ways to paths to back injuries.
- Automobile accidents can also cause serious back injuries.
- One of the most frequent causes of back injuries is negligence in the workplace.
- Heavy lifting can cause strain and severe injury to one’s back.
- Poorly maintained equipment can result in serious back injuries.
- Sports injuries can have long last effects on the injured party’s back. A sports-related injury could be due to poor coaching, unsafe equipment, or poorly maintained fields or courts.
- Accidents are bound to happen when safety protocols are not followed, and there is a lack of education. Back injuries result and can have long-term consequences.
- Inadequate care after an accident.
If you or a loved one is a victim of an accident resulting in a back injury and feel that someone’s negligence is responsible for the damage, reach out to a Roswell back injury attorney with John Foy & Associates for guidance and help to ensure a settlement package that can help you move forward. A back injury can have long-lasting consequences.
Damages that Are Recoverable Following a Back Injury
In Georgia, there are five areas of recoverable damages that a victim of a back injury might pursue. These areas of damage are:
- Physical Impairment or Disfigurement creates significant life changes for the back injury victim. A Roswell back injury lawyer understands this and is ready to help.
- Medical Bills can pile up quickly after an injury. Back injuries often require extensive medical treatment, therapy, and sometimes surgery.
- Loss of Earnings can be detrimental to the injured person’s financial security. Being out of work or losing their ability to work now and in the future affects their current earnings and those as well.
- Pain Suffering and Mental Anguish result in physical pain that is difficult to tolerate. And psychological difficulties can include the stress of financial worries and post-traumatic stress disorder due to the accident.
- Punitive Damages are awarded when the liable party is negligent. If you or a loved one have been injured because of someone else’s carelessness, you could be entitled to punitive damages.
Proof of Negligence
To pursue financial compensation, the injured party must be able to prove that their injury was caused by negligence. The injury victim must authenticate the following four components to prove negligence.
- Was the victim owed a duty of care? Duty of care means that one must act with the watchfulness, attention, caution, and prudence that a reasonable person would be expected to use in the same circumstances.
- Was there a breach of duty? The offender knew there was a duty of care that they were responsible for providing and still ignored it.
- Causation is imperative to prove. Did the offender’s breach of duty cause the accident, which resulted in the back injury?
- The injured victim must be able to prove damages. The proof of damages is a crucial component of making the case that the offender acted negligently and resulted in injury.
A back injury attorney in Roswell from John Foy & Associates understands that monetary settlements cannot wholly restore what you have lost. They can pay your medical bills and ensure that you can pursue treatments that can aid you in regaining your quality of life. When you are in pain, you should not have the added worry of how an injury can impact you financially.
Get the Help You Need from a Roswell Back Injury Lawyer
In Georgia, the statute of limitations on a personal injury case is two years. Securing legal help very soon after the accident is crucial as it is impossible to know how long the therapies and treatments will take or guess the long-term implications. Medical bills have a way of snowballing.
The sooner we can review the evidence, the more swiftly we build a case and put money in your pocket so that you do not have to experience stress and anxiety over financial matters. An experienced back injury lawyer from Roswell is ready to review all evidence, your injuries, and damages. Our expertise in dealing with insurance companies will be invaluable to you.
Your Roswell back injury attorney wants what you want, a settlement that will help you recover the life that your back injury has stolen from you. You deserve to have your physical health restored and should be able to focus on your healing without the added burden of medical bills and loss of income. Let us help you secure the kind of settlement that allows that.