Have you recently been diagnosed with a debilitating back injury? Was your injury caused in an accident by someone else’s misconduct or negligent actions? If you are unsure whether another party is to blame or are anxious to bring the at-fault party to justice so you can recover your costs, be sure to contact an experienced Rome back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates.
Schedule a free consultation with our team today to learn more about how the claims process works for a back injury and the various types of damages you may be able to recover for your suffering.
Common Causes of Back Injuries in Rome
Back injuries are some of the most challenging types of injuries. The severe pain you experience on a day-to-day basis can make it difficult to complete regular daily tasks, such as working, maintaining your home, caring for your children or family, and otherwise living your life normally.
Your back injury lawyer in Rome, GA will need to review how your back injury occurred so we can figure out who is to blame. This party will then be ordered to compensate you for your damages accordingly.
However, back injuries can happen in a wide variety of accidents. We see some types of incidence more often than others in Rome civil courts. Examples of such accidents could include:
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Swimming pool accidents
- Trampoline accidents
- Construction accidents
- Work-related accidents
- Factory accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog bites
- Injuries caused by product malfunctions
If you suffered a severe back injury in another type of accident that was not included in the list above, that does not mean we cannot help you. Be sure to contact our office to discuss the way in which your back injury occurred. As long as someone else is to blame, we may be able to help you hold them accountable.
Get the strong arm
Holding the Liable Party Accountable
Your Rome back injury attorney lives for holding liable parties accountable. It is our goal to make them pay and ensure they are brought to justice. If we hope to hold the at-fault party responsible, we will need to build a compelling case against them.
We will need to gather significant evidence to support your case so we can establish negligence and liability. The type of accident you were involved in will help us figure out who is to blame. The elements of negligence must be met for your lawsuit to be successful. These elements include:
- Duty of care – The defendant had an obligation to do their part to keep you safe from physical bodily harm
- Breach of duty – The defendant failed to uphold this obligation by making a mistake or acting recklessly
- Causation – This breach in the duty of care is responsible for causing your back injuries
- Damages – You suffered injuries or damages that have had a substantial effect on your life, or will continue to impact your life in the future
The Burden of Proof in Rome Back Injury Lawsuits
The burden of proof in back injury and personal injury claims is based on a preponderance of the evidence. The legal jargon for the evidence our back injury lawyers present needs to convince the jury that the defendant is most likely responsible for causing your injuries.
There are a wide variety of types of evidence that could be used to prove not only liability but the severity of your back injuries as well. Examples of such evidence could include:
- Copies of your medical records
- Copies of the police report
- Reports from injury or accident reconstructionists
- The defendant’s cell phone records
- Video footage of the accident that caused your back injuries
- Statements from your physician regarding your prognosis
- Affidavits from witnesses
- Personal journal entries
- Photos of your injuries
- The defendant’s chemical blood alcohol test results
Recover Every Single Loss You Endured
After suffering a back injury, it is likely that every aspect of your life will be affected. Fortunately, you have the right to be compensated for these losses from the liable party. To ensure each loss is considered as we calculate the value of your claim, we will need two separate damages into categories known as economic damages and non-economic damages.
Your economic damages will be financial, while your non-economic damages will account for how your life has been affected. Examples of both types of losses could include:
- Costs of home health care
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Loss of household services
- Diminished quality of life
- Trouble maintaining relationships
- Skin scarring and disfigurement
- Future medical care
- Any back injury-related medical expenses
What to Expect from the Back Injury Claims Process
Our back injury attorneys in Rome are here to guide you through the claims process every step of the way. Here is a general idea of what happens after you decide to hire a lawyer:
- We begin by investigating the accident
- We gather evidence to prove negligence and liability
- We review the liable party’s insurance coverage options
- We file claims with the insurance company and negotiate
- We contact you with regular case status updates
- We return your calls when you have questions or concerns
- We prepare to bring your case to trial if insurance does not cover your losses in full
Get Help from a Back Injury Lawyer in Rome Today
If you have been feeling overwhelmed at the thought of dealing with an insurance company or bringing your keys to court, you are not alone. With an experienced Rome back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates handling your case, you can rest easier. Our team will handle everything on your behalf.
You can focus on healing and learning to cope with the lasting implications of your injuries while we work on securing the compensation that is rightfully yours. To get started on your case, contact us for a free consultation. You can reach us by phone or through our quick contact form as soon as today.