Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can have a devastating impact physically, psychologically, and financially. Every area of life can be affected. Managing an injury for you or your loved one can be exhausting and economically distressful. If the actions or inactions of someone else caused your injury, a traumatic brain injury attorney from John Foy & Associates can help you hold that person accountable and assist with recovering the financial relief you deserve.
Compensation for Your Traumatic Brain Injury
After an accident, picking up the pieces can be difficult. While tackling all of the physical changes caused by a traumatic brain injury, loved ones should be able to focus on the injured party and not divide their attention between the person who needs their care and financial worries. A traumatic brain injury attorney in Roswell, Georgia, is prepared to fight for proper compensation so your focus can remain on recovery, not how you will pay for it.
After investigating the cause of your injury, your lawyer can evaluate the type of damages you have sustained and the best route to compensation. Here are some examples of recovery:
- Your health insurance, car insurance, or life insurance companies are an excellent place to start. The drawback is that it can raise your insurance premiums, so it is best to talk to your attorney to ensure this is a good approach for you.
- You might be eligible for worker’s compensation benefits if you sustained your injury at work. Georgia worker’s compensation laws are in place to protect you when you are on the job.
- Filing a claim with the insurance provider for the party responsible for your accident. Georgia assigns blame for insurance purposes, so the at-fault person or business will be liable.
- A third-party liability claim or a civil lawsuit may be in order. Insurance companies will do their best to minimize settlements. So, this is another opportunity to recover the damages you are owed.
to find a John Foy office near you
Filing a Claim After Experiencing a Traumatic Brain Injury
Your Roswell traumatic brain injury attorney will handle the insurance companies and the civil suits so that you can focus on healing. The process is complicated and tiresome. You should be able to recuperate with the security of knowing that your finances are enough to cover what you need as well as what you have lost.
Hiring an attorney to handle the legal issues that accompany an injury of this kind will free you from the worry of financial problems. This will allow you to focus on the essential work of getting better, such as:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health Counseling
Calling a Roswell traumatic brain injury lawyer soon after seeking medical attention from the incident is crucial. Most improvements occur in the first six months after a brain injury. During that time of rapid healing, you or your loved one should not have to split your focus and energy with the stress of paying all the mounting medical bills.
Roswell Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
How a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Roswell Help
Dealing with insurance companies and legal cases is an overwhelming process. Compounded with the stress of recovering from a severe physical injury, you may become frustrated and stressed. A traumatic brain injury attorney in Roswell can help.
You will be treated as an individual, and we will accommodate your needs and customize a plan to recover the damages that will help you concentrate on getting better. Your TBI lawyer will investigate the incident and determine liability. They will gather evidence and construct a robust case for you.
While each case is different, commonly, these are the steps taken by your traumatic brain injury lawyer in Roswell:
- We will collect the evidence so that we can present all of the details to the insurance companies. Understanding the evidence and how to present it is imperative if a civil suit takes place.
- Preparing insurance claims with your insurance and the liable party’s insurance carrier can be difficult. Your attorney can navigate the process with greater ease due to their experience.
- If necessary, after the claims are filed, we will bring your case to court in an effort to negotiate the best possible outcome for you.
- We will work diligently with the insurance companies until we reach a generous settlement offer for you.
- We will be prepared to take them to trial if the insurance companies do not offer a reasonable settlement. Ensuring you get the financial recompense you deserve is our goal.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuits Need to Be Filed as Soon as Possible
After sustaining a TBI, it is crucial to hire an attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you can seek damages, the less anxiety you will experience over the financial crisis caused by the injury.
The statute of limitations is two years following an injury.
After two years, a civil court will not hear your case. But waiting two years would only complicate your or your loved one’s life. Loss of earnings, medical bills, transportation to and from various therapies, alterations to homes or vehicles, equipment rentals, and purchases can become very stressful. The sooner you file a claim, the more quickly the financial worries can be resolved.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Roswell, call 404-400-4000
The Strong Arm Will Fight for You
A Roswell traumatic brain injury lawyer from John Foy & Associates understands the deadlines and the need to move quickly for you so you can focus on your recovery. While you spend your energy getting better or helping your loved one get better, we will be gathering evidence, establishing who the liable parties are and what damages we can seek on your behalf.
We will handle the insurance filings and will hold the responsible parties accountable. Your goal is to heal. Our goal is to eliminate your financial worries.
Call a Roswell traumatic brain injury attorney at John Foy & Associates today. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start fighting for you. Let The Strong Arm fight for you.