The significant impact a back injury can have on your life is undeniable. You may require financial support during these difficult times so you can cover your costs and continue providing for yourself and your family.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for back injury victims to find themselves dealing with tremendous fallout after the accident that caused their injuries. If you need help navigating the legal process, a dedicated Stockbridge back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates is here for you. Contact our team for a free consultation today to find out how much your claim could be worth and what to expect from the back injury claims process.
The Importance of Maximizing Your Compensation After a Back Injury in Stockbridge
Your back injury lawyer in Stockbridge, GA is here to help you maximize the amount of financial compensation you are awarded after your accident. It is critical to get the most out of your claim when your back injuries have had such a significant impact on your life.
Individuals dealing with tremendous back injuries often find themselves on a long road to recovery. You may need to see multiple healthcare providers, including surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists, mental health counselors, primary care doctors, and other healthcare providers to regain as much function as possible and start to learn how to cope with any permanent implications of your back injuries.
You might also require assistance completing daily living activities, which might include hiring a nurse’s aide temporarily or permanently, depending on the severity of your back injuries. Due to the exorbitant expenses associated with back injuries, maximizing your financial compensation has never been more important.
Get the strong arm
Recoverable Damages for a Stockbridge Back Injury
Although your back injuries may have a significant impact on you medically and financially, you are entitled to be made whole when someone else is to blame for causing your injuries. Your back injury attorney in Stockbridge, GA will need to discuss all of the ways your life has been affected by your back injuries to ensure you are being compensated fairly.
There are a wide variety of recoverable damages, both economic and non-economic in nature. Since non-economic damages are subjective and have no fixed financial value, it will be up to your lawyer to quantify your losses accordingly. Examples of damages that may be recovered following a back injury in Stockbridge include:
- Medical expenses – The medical costs associated with back injuries go far beyond what you might have thought. You have the right to be compensated for every financial expense related to your back injuries, including transportation expenses, costs of reconstructive surgery, co-pays, mental health counseling and rehabilitative therapy, prescription painkillers or other drugs, and other out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Loss of income – Your loss of income goes far beyond the money you missed when you had to take some time off of work. You may be entitled to compensation so you can obtain job training or educational opportunities to re-enter the workforce.
- Diminished quality of life – Your back injuries may limit your ability to participate in activities and hobbies you previously enjoyed. For example, you may be unable to participate in an intimate relationship with your spouse, or you might find yourself dealing with debilitating depression that makes it difficult for you to connect with family and friends.
- Pain and suffering – Back injuries are often known for being excruciatingly painful. When your back injuries make it difficult for you to get through the days without experiencing severe pain and suffering, you should be compensated accordingly.
How Stockbridge Back Injuries Happen
Your Stockbridge back injury attorney’s most crucial responsibility after taking on your case will be to figure out how your injuries occurred. Unfortunately, back injuries can happen in almost any type of accident. This leaves many potentially liable parties to be investigated by your lawyer.
Examples of accidents and incidents known for causing back injuries in Stockbridge include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and falls
- Work accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Sports events
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog attacks
- Factory accidents
Laws Affecting the Amount of Your Back Injury Settlement
Our back injury lawyers are here to help you understand which laws will impact the amount of compensation you could be awarded in your insurance and civil claims against the liable party. Some of the most important laws you need to be aware of include:
- Georgia’s personal injury statute of limitations only allows for a maximum of two years to pass before expiring.
- Georgia’s fault-based insurance laws require you to file a claim with the liable parties’ auto insurance provider in the event of a motor vehicle accident.
- Georgia’s modified comparative negligence laws describe how your case will be handled if you share fault – if you are less than 50% to blame, your settlement will be reduced by your percentage of fault. If your percentage of blame is greater than 50%, you lose your chance to have your case heard at trial.
Contact a Back Injury Lawyer in Stockbridge for Help Today
Your back injuries are sure to impact almost every aspect of your life. Making sure to recover the compensation you are going to need to cover your losses and heal from the physical and emotional trauma will be essential.
You do not need to go through these trying times alone. A compassionate Stockbridge back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates could help you demand justice and fight for your right to a total recovery of your damages. Contact our office for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. You can schedule yours by calling us or completing our quick contact form today.