Back injuries are some of the most debilitating types of injuries a person can experience. They can make it impossible for you to take care of yourself and provide for your family. When your back injuries are a result of another party’s negligence or misconduct, you may have the right to full restitution for your damages.
Find out more about how to hold the liable party accountable when you reach out to a Doraville back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates for help. Schedule your free consultation today to learn more about what you could be awarded.
Common Types of Back Injuries That Warrant Legal Action
Back injuries can take many forms. If you have concerns that your injuries are not debilitating enough for you to have grounds for a back injury claim, your best option will be to contact an attorney to discuss the ways your life has been turned upside down by your injuries.
This is often the deciding factor when determining whether an injury victim has the right to pursue an insurance claim or civil lawsuit. There are some types of back injuries that warrant legal action more often than others. Some of these back injuries include:
- Vertebral fractures
- Degenerative injuries including degenerative disc disease or spinal stenosis
- Soft tissue back injuries
- Herniated discs
These are just a few of the different types of back injuries that could warrant grounds for legal action against the at-fault party. If you have suffered another type of back injury we did not list above, you may have the right to pursue your case. Be sure to contact our office to discuss the impact of your injuries further.
Get the strong arm
How do Doraville Back Injuries Occur?
Back injuries can occur in nearly any type of situation if the conditions are right. There are certain types of accidents and incidents that are known for causing back injuries more often than others. Some of these events include:
- Construction accidents
- Slip and falls
- Back injuries caused by malfunctioning products
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Factory accidents
- Trampoline accidents
- Dog bites
- Amusement park accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Parking lot accidents
These are only a few of the ways in which back injuries in Doraville can occur. If your back injuries happen in another way, and you are unsure whether you have grounds for a case, do not hesitate to contact our office to find out what legal options may be available to you.
How Can Back Injury Victims Recover Compensation in Doraville?
There are several ways in which Doraville back injury victims may be able to recover the compensation they are entitled to. Two of the most popular options include:
- Filing a claim with the culpable party’s insurance provider – In the vast majority of personal injury claims that involve back injuries, the defendant has insurance coverage in place. You may be able to file a claim with the liable party’s insurance provider under Georgia fault-based insurance laws.
- Filing a civil lawsuit against the liable party – When insurance is not enough or the defendant failed to purchase insurance coverage that would have afforded them some type of financial protection, you can still recover your damages in full by filing a lawsuit against those responsible for causing your injuries.
Georgia Injury Laws That Could Impact Your Back Injury Case
In the state of Georgia, if you have suffered a back injury, there are multiple personal injury laws that could have an impact on your ability to recover compensation for your damages. Some of the most important laws you should be aware of as you move forward with your case include:
- The statute of limitations for back injury and personal injury lawsuits in Georgia is only two years. If your claim is not filed in time, you no longer have the right to have your case heard within the Doraville civil court system.
- Georgia follows a modified comparative negligence code with a 45% bar threshold. If you share more than 49% of the blame for the accident, you do not have the right to file a claim against the other involved parties and your injury settlement will also reflect a shared fault deduction, proportionate to the percentage of liability you are assigned.
Generally, in personal injury cases, your attorney will be tasked with proving that the defendant’s negligence was the cause of your injuries. To do this, they will need to be able to show the four following elements of negligence have been met:
- Duty of care – This means the defendant needs to have an obligation to ensure the injury victim’s safety
- Breach of duty – This means the defendant needed to make a choice, take action, or fail to take action, which ultimately breached their duty of care to the back injury victim
- Causation – This choice, action, or lack of action must have been the direct or indirect cause of the back injury victim’s injuries or damages
- Damages – The back injury victim must have suffered damages or physical injuries that left them dealing with devastating consequences
How a Back Injury Lawyer in Doraville Could Help You
After suffering a traumatic back injury, putting in the effort it takes to hold the liable party accountable for a back injury may be impossible without the legal guidance and support of an experienced Doraville back injury attorney. Some of the benefits of having an experienced attorney advocating for you include:
- Access to a thorough investigation into the cause of your injuries
- Help establish culpability and gather powerful evidence to prove fault
- Assistance in negotiating with profit-driven insurance companies
- The ability to communicate with a legal professional and obtain regular case status updates
- Zealous legal advocacy at trial
Contact a Back Injury Attorney in Doraville for Help Today
Your back injuries may be taking a toll on your life. However, when you have an experienced Doraville back injury lawyer at John Foy & Associates fighting for your right to maximum compensation, you can heal from your injuries.
Your attorney will be tasked with handling the legalities of your case so you can get the most out of your insurance and civil claims. Start working on your back injury claim as soon as today. Call our office or complete our convenient contact form to schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation.