With rideshare becoming increasingly popular in Georgia, Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare accidents are also rising. Unfortunately, victims involved in any ridesharing accident may suffer life-threatening injuries or result in the loss of life. Luckily, Georgia law allows anyone injured in a rideshare accident caused by a negligent, reckless, or careless driver to seek compensation.
At John Foy, we can help present critical evidence and prove that the Lyft driver acted irresponsibly or negligently, causing your injuries. Besides, our McDonough risdeshare accident lawyer will defend your right and ensure you receive the maximum settlement. Schedule a free consultation with our law firm and let us initiate the legal process on your behalf today.
What to Do After a Lyft Accident in McDonough, GA
If you are involved in a Lyft collision, you should follow crucial steps to help defend your legal privileges and boost your chances of getting compensated. Besides, it helps prove liability since several parties are involved. That said, here is what to do immediately after a Lyft accident in McDonough, GA:
- Call the police to document the accident and access emergency services
- Record statements from eyewitnesses, including their addresses and other contact information
- Take pictures of the scene, focusing on vehicle damage and any visible injuries you suffered.
- Seek medical attention to ascertain the extent of your injuries
- Contact a qualified McDonough Lyft accident lawyer
Working with a personal injury lawyer immediately after a collision is imperative, especially when suffering severe injuries. The intent is to gather critical evidence from the scene and prepare adequately in case the case goes to trial. Besides, a McDonough Lyft accident lawyer will represent you at different case levels, ensuring you get peace of mind during your recovery period.
Get the strong arm
Determining Liability in a Lyft Accident
Georgia is a fault state where the party that causes an accident must compensate for the damages and injuries caused. In a Lyft accident, several parties are involved, making it difficult to hold the at-fault accountable for your injuries. This means that you must prove that the Lyft driver was responsible for your damage or acted negligently, causing the accident.
Determining liability in a Lyft accident requires the victim to prove that the driver was at fault. In addition, it helps establish which insurance company is liable for your damages, although it depends on what the Lyft driver was doing at the time.
- Whether the driver is logged into the rideshare app but carrying no passengers: The Lyft driver will be considered on duty, and the rideshare company’s insurer will be held liable for the accident.
- Whether the driver was not logged into the app: The Lyft driver’s car insurance company will be held liable.
- Whether the driver was carrying a passenger: In this case, both the Lyft driver’s insurance company and the rideshare provider’s insurer are held responsible for the accident.
Proving liability in these scenarios can be intricate and time-consuming, especially when you suffer serious injuries after a Lyft accident caused by a rideshare driver. At John Foy, our McDonough Lyft accident lawyer can help you investigate and determine the party liable for your damages. If you are involved in a Lyft collision in McDonough, our law firm has got you covered.
Recoverable Compensation After a Lyft Accident in McDonough, GA
Lyft accident victims are entitled to seek compensation from the driver’s personal insurance company and the rideshare service provider’s insurer, depending on the evidence presented. If you or someone you loved was injured in a Lyft accident in McDonough, you could pursue the following damages:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Prescription costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Rehabilitative treatment
- Wrongful death benefits, such as funeral expenses
Working with a McDonough Lyft accident lawyer lets you evaluate the value of your claim and ensure you receive maximum compensation. Besides, an experienced legal team helps you navigate various steps when negotiating an offer, as well as take your case to trial if the insurance company fails to offer a reasonable amount.
The Statute of Limitations for a Lyft Accident Case in McDonough, GA
In Georgia, rideshare accidents are categorized as car accidents and have a statute of limitation of two years from the date of the crash. Generally, this is the period Lyft accident victims have to file their claims and seek compensation from the liable party. Missing the two-year deadline will prevent you from pursuing compensation or allowing the court to dismiss your claim.
Therefore, it is essential to initiate the legal process of filing compensation as soon as possible after the Lyft accident. Hiring a John Foy McDonough Lyft accident lawyer lets you prepare and plan your case earlier and seek compensation before the deadline.
How a Lyft Accident Lawyer in McDonough Can Help
A McDonough Lyft accident lawyer can help injured victims navigate the legal process, ensuring they get compensated fairly. Once you hire an experienced McDonough Lyft accident lawyer, you will receive comprehensive legal services and full representation until you obtain your financial settlement. Here is how a McDonough Lyft accident lawyer can help:
- Conduct an exhaustive investigation and collect critical evidence to build a strong defense
- File your claim on time and adequately to increase chances of receiving your compensation
- Gather necessary medical evidence to prove the extent of your injuries and medical expenses you are entitled to
- Negotiate with involved insurance companies, especially dealing with stubborn insurers
- Take and represent you during the trial when a settlement cannot be determined
Typically, a McDonough Lyft accident lawyer will offer several other services depending on the evidence provided. This means representing you across all levels of the case on your behalf, including handling communications. In addition, a qualified legal team will guide you through the process and advise you about your legal options.
Contact a McDonough Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you or your loved one was hurt in a Lyft accident in McDonough, GA, an experienced Lyft accident attorney in McDonough could help. We offer professional legal services, ensuring you obtain the maximum settlement covering all your damages and losses. Contact us and schedule a free consultation with us today.