Lyft drivers and their passengers, as well as occupants of other vehicles, bicyclists, and pedestrians, can all suffer serious injuries in a Loganville rideshare accident. Often, their injuries leave them contending with mounting bills, diminished incomes, and physical impairments that disrupt their lives. They should not have to bear those costs on their own.
John Foy & Associates is a team of award-winning lawyers and legal professionals who fight to make sure Lyft accident victims receive full financial compensation for the harm they’ve suffered.
Over our twenty-plus years of law practice, we have obtained over one billion dollars in results for our clients through settlements, judgments, and jury awards. Our mission is to hold the parties at fault for Lyft accidents financially accountable to injured crash victims.
Lyft Drivers May Pose a Heightened Accident Risk
Lyft and its peer companies arrange rides through apps that connect customers with a network of private vehicles. The individuals who drive for Lyft do not necessarily have special training as commercial drivers. However, the driving characteristics of those attracted to a rideshare company may make those drivers more susceptible to getting into accidents.
Academic research suggests that an increase in rideshare usage in an urbanized area can lead to an increase in traffic accidents resulting in injuries and deaths. Numerous factors may contribute to that heightened risk, including:
- The risk of the Lyft app, which connects drivers to ride requests, causing dangerous driver distraction;
- The risk of Lyft driver distraction because of heavy reliance on GPS devices to navigate in unfamiliar areas;
- The risk of Lyft drivers speeding in order to complete as many rides as possible; and
- The risk of drowsy driving among Lyft drivers who drive late at night or after working a full day at another job.
The team at John Foy & Associates works hard to uncover the causes of a Lyft accident resulting in injury or death, to determine who should bear the blame and pay damages to innocent crash victims.
Get the strong arm
Insurance Makes Lyft Accidents Different
You might wonder, what’s the difference between a Lyft accident and any other motor vehicle accident in Loganville? Like any accident, a Lyft crash usually results from someone’s careless or reckless conduct, and usually holds the potential to cause life-altering injuries or fatalities.
Extra Lyft Insurance May Pay Your Damages
Instead, what makes Loganville Lyft accidents different is the amount and type of insurance potentially available to pay compensation to crash victims like you. In Georgia, the at-fault party’s auto liability insurance typically pays some portion of the expenses and damages victims suffer. Every driver in Georgia must carry auto insurance covering at least $25,000 in personal injuries to an individual hurt in a crash.
But when a crash involves a Lyft car, another layer of insurance may also protect injured victims. The Georgia Code requires all Lyft drivers to be covered by extra liability insurance, over and above the ordinary insurance they carry as owners of private vehicles. But that insurance only applies during certain times:
- It provides a minimum of $100,000 for bodily injuries to or death of all persons in any accident that happens while a Lyft driver is logged into the app and available to accept a ride request until the driver has logged off; and
- It provides a minimum of $1,000,000 for death, personal injury, and property damage in an accident that happens from the moment a Lyft driver accepts a ride request until the ride or request is completed.
In other words, if you suffered injuries in a Loganville Lyft accident, you may have up to $1,000,000 in extra insurance coverage available to pay your damages, over and above the at-fault driver’s standard insurance. Obtaining that extra money may depend on proving the Lyft driver’s status on the app at the time of the crash.
How We Can Help After a Loganville Lyft Accident
To establish the critical facts necessary to tap into that extra Lyft accident liability insurance, you will need the help of a skilled Lyft accident lawyer who knows how to locate and secure the key evidence, and how to advocate for you in negotiations with insurance companies and in courtroom proceedings.
John Foy & Associates is that kind of law firm. We work tirelessly to prove our clients’ rights to receive benefits under the full range of insurance coverage available to pay for their injuries and losses. Our team has the resources and skills to:
- Conduct a prompt investigation of your Loganville Lyft crash to determine its root causes and likely liable parties;
- Act quickly to locate, preserve, and obtain important digital evidence of the Lyft driver’s status on the app at the time of the crash, as well as any other evidence necessary to establish a party’s fault for the harm you suffered;
- Answer your questions and advise you about your rights and options for securing maximum compensation;
- Prepare and file formal demands for financial compensation on your behalf, to be submitted to insurance companies and/or filed in court;
- Negotiate with insurers and defense lawyers to secure a favorable settlement of your claim, if possible;
- Prove your case in court to a judge and jury, if necessary to get you adequate compensation to meet your needs; and
- Collect the money owed to you by insurance companies and at-fault parties.
Contact a Loganville Lyft Accident Attorney Today
The skilled lawyers of John Foy & Associates have years of experience fighting to obtain financial compensation for crash victims like you. We understand the challenges of navigating the aftermath of a Loganville Lyft accident and have the know-how to get you results.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a knowledgeable Lyft accident lawyer who can answer your questions and explain your rights.