If you’ve been hurt in any kind of accident in Stone Mountain, you may be eligible for a large financial recovery. The money you recover could help you pay for medical costs, the cost of missed work days, and other losses you’ve suffered because of your injury. Unfortunately, many injury victims don’t realize that this money is available—and the insurance companies are not going to help you get it. Don’t let yourself get handed the bill for an injury that wasn’t your fault. You need to talk to a Stone Mountain personal injury lawyer.
At John Foy & Associates, we can help. For more than 20 years we have assisted victims and their families and helped them reassemble their lives. We began as a small local law firm and have built our way up to being one of the most respected and capable law offices in Georgia. We always side with those who were injured—never with the big insurance companies. Let us give you a free consultation to answer your questions and help you understand your case. Call John Foy & Associates at 404-400-4000 and get your FREE consultation today.
What should I do after an injury in Stone Mountain?
The best thing you can do is to be your own best advocate. You don’t have to be a legal expert to take basic steps to assert your rights. Here are steps we recommend every injury victim take:
- Document what happened. As soon as possible after your accident, write down your own recollection of what happened. Include as many details as possible. If you can, it helps to take photos or video of the place where you were injured—such as pictures of the vehicles in a car accident, or of the place where you slipped in a slip and fall case.
- Be careful what you say. Often we see accident victims downplaying the seriousness of their injury or even accepting blame when it wasn’t their fault. These words may be well-intentioned, but they will be used against you later. Don’t apologize or say you’re fine if you’re really hurting.
- Don’t sign anything from the insurance company until you’ve talked to a lawyer. Insurance companies use many tactics to avoid paying you—and they want you to sign away your rights. They may make you a quick offer of cash before you realize how extensive your injuries are, or they may drag out processing your claim for months until you’re desperate. The goal in both cases is to get you to accept a small amount of money and sign a waiver so you can’t get more. Do not sign anything or make any recorded statements until you’ve spoken to a lawyer.
- Get a lawyer’s opinion. The rules around personal injury claims are complex, and it’s hard to know what to do on your own. That’s why we make it easy and free for you to get professional help. One free consultation may be all it takes for you to decide on the best course of action for yourself and your family.
to find a John Foy office near you
What kinds of injuries qualify for a personal injury claim in Stone Mountain?
Nearly any kind of injury can qualify. The main criterion for any personal injury claim is negligence. In the legal profession, negligence just means any carelessness or that leads to someone being harmed. Negligence can take many forms:
- A loose or broken railing on a set of stairs
- Spilled milk in a store that no one has cleaned up
- A driver changing lanes and not using their turn signal
In these examples, no one set out to hurt anyone else. Everybody involved is probably a good person. But what they all have in common is that someone had poor judgement and failed to do some common-sense thing that would protect other people. If any situation like this leads to an injury, it’s a valid claim.
The most common types of injuries we see come from:
- Car accidents
- Pedestrians or cyclists being hit by cars
- Slipping and falling
- Injuries from a criminal attack
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Defective products
- Harmful prescription drugs
- Pharmacies giving the wrong medication
- Defective medical devices
Stone Mountain Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-800-4408
Will my Stone Mountain personal injury claim go to court?
Not usually, and it typically happens only if the insurance company won’t negotiate. We are very familiar with the local courts, and if your claim goes to trial, we will manage the process for you every step of the way.
More often, however, you will never need to go to court at all. Instead your claim will be resolved through simple negotiation. John Foy & Associates has earned the nickname “the Strong Arm” because we have a history of crushing insurance companies in the negotiation room. We start by opening our own investigation into your injury and gathering detailed evidence to support every claim. Then we hammer the insurance company until they offer you the money you deserve. This is often all it takes to get you a much larger financial recovery.
How much does a personal injury lawyer cost in Stone Mountain?
We don’t think it should cost you anything to talk to a lawyer. That’s why we offer very simple payment terms:
- All consultations are FREE
- You don’t pay us anything out of pocket
- You never pay us at all unless we win you money
We believe this is the fairest, lowest-risk way for you to get legal help.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Stone Mountain, call 404-800-4408
What are the deadlines for filing my claim in Stone Mountain?
They depend on your case, but they are often tight. The City of Stone Mountain uses deadlines set by state and federal law. In some cases you may have up to two years, but there are many situations where you may have only a few weeks from the date of your accident. This is why it’s vital to see a lawyer as soon as possible.
Talk to a Stone Mountain Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
We founded John Foy & Associates for one reason: to help people who have been injured. Let us sit down with you for a free consultation to discuss your case and your options. Don’t wait until the deadline. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your free consultation today.