There is no easy way to know who the best injury lawyer is in Columbus—or any city. But there are ways to determine which lawyers are at the top of their field, which ones will fight for you, and which ones will treat you with the respect you deserve. Ultimately, the lawyer you choose will play a big part in determining how much money you recover and what the experience is like. You deserve a good one.
Here are five simple ways to evaluate whether a lawyer is good enough to deserve your case:
- How big is their firm? This is an easy one. Is this a lone lawyer and their part-time assistant, or do they have resources behind them? Of course, there are many competent lawyers who have individual practices, and sometimes you get a good one. But in general, larger firms have more staff, more support and more weight to throw against insurance companies—and often, they will simply be better staffed and more attentive to you.
- What kind of cases do they take? You want a lawyer who focuses only on personal injury cases. Every lawyer has to pick and choose what kinds of cases to accept, and those are the cases they have the most experience with. If your attorney spends half their week doing divorce law or criminal defense, that’s half the week they’re not honing their personal-injury skills. The more specialized they are, the better their fit for your case.
- What’s their attitude like? Not everything is about experience. With attorneys, you need to have someone you feel like you can trust from the start. This is the person who will be returning your calls, advising you on your choices, and representing you at the bargaining table. They should be attentive, caring and interested in your case—not looking at the clock and waiting to get out the door.
- What do they know about your specific type of case? A lot of lawyers will say they’re experienced, but that doesn’t mean they’ve worked on cases just like yours. Ask them if they’ve handled a case similar to yours before and ask them to tell you about it. They should be able to go into detail about what they did, why it worked, and what’s different about this particular kind of case.
- How respected are they? Lawyers build careers by winning cases. A high success rate tends to carry a lot of respect—both among other attorneys and in the reviews they get from clients. Look at their record, at the awards they’ve won, and at what people are saying about them. Trust the experience of others to guide you.
Talk to a Top Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
John Foy & Associates is one of the most respected injury law firms in the state of Georgia. We are a large, experienced firm that works on just one kind of case: helping those who were injured. Let us help you. Our attorneys will give you a FREE consultation so you can decide if we’re a fit. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.