If you’ve been injured in Acworth, you may be out of work and wondering how you’ll pay the bills. But you don’t have to pay for an injury that someone else caused. A personal injury lawyer can help you get the financial relief you need.
At John Foy & Associates, our entire law practice is built on getting injured people the money they need to pay for treatment and move forward with their lives. We were founded 20 years ago as a small local law practice, but we have since grown into a large, successful firm that’s known as “the strong arm” for the way we deal with insurance companies. Our experienced lawyers know what they need to do to get you the money you deserve. We’d like to give you a free consultation to go over your case. Call us at 404-400-4000 and get your free consultation today.
What are the most important things to do if I’m injured?
Your injuries may be life threatening or they may seem minor, but we believe in taking all injuries seriously. Any injury can lead to complications and may be much more expensive and frustrating than you initially thought. The best thing you can do for yourself is to proceed with caution and protect your rights. Here are two things all injury victims should do:
- Never take money from an insurance company or sign paperwork right away. After an injury, insurance companies will often swoop in and offer money. You may be eager to take the cash, especially if you’re worried about how you’re going to pay your medical bills. But insurance companies aren’t offering you money because they want to help. They are hoping you’ll take the “quick cash” and sign away your right to recover any more money—before you find out that your injuries will cost far more than you expected. Don’t accept an insurance company check, sign paperwork or make a statement without talking to a lawyer.
- Always consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The time you spend having a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer can mean you receive thousands of dollars more for your injuries. Personal injury lawyers work on cases similar to yours every week, and they will know whether you have a strong claim and what it will take to get more money from the insurance company. A good lawyer can also refer you to a doctor who will diagnose your condition and give you a full assessment of its cost.
to find a John Foy office near you
What counts as a valid personal injury claim in Acworth?
A good rule of thumb is that if the injury happened through no fault of your own, your claim is valid. But it can be hard to evaluate this on your own. Many injured people blame themselves for what happened, or think they were just unlucky. But the law doesn’t work that way. Injuries are generally preventable, and they only happen because someone was careless, or negligent. Negligence is at the root of many car wrecks, slip and fall accidents and dog bites. A negligent person didn’t necessarily mean to hurt anyone. But your accident happened because of their carelessness, and their insurance company must pay the cost of your injuries.
We regularly work on these types of personal injury claims:
- Vehicle accidents
- Accidents where someone slipped or tripped and fell
- Pedestrian and bike accidents
- Injuries inflicted by a mugger
- Neglect in nursing homes
- Product defects
- Dangerous medical devices
- Harmful or defective prescription drugs
But many other types of injuries can also lead to valid personal injury claims.
Acworth Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Rear-End Collision Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Social Security Disability
- Truck Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
Acworth Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Will I have to take my personal injury claim to court?
Most of our cases never end up in court. When they do, it’s usually because an insurance company flatly refuses to compromise, leaving us with little choice. This may happen because the insurance company thinks it has a stronger case than we do, either because of evidence or because the insurer thinks it can discredit your testimony in court. If the insurance company in your case is stubborn, we will tell you how strong we think your case is and help you figure out whether to take it to the local courts. Should you decide to go to court, our litigation lawyers can continue to handle your case all the way through trial.
But going to court is the exception, not the rule. Most of the time, we are able to force the insurance company to the negotiating table. We fight hard for you once we get there. We can do this because we begin every case with our own investigation into the way your accident happened and the extent of your injuries. We give the insurance company straight facts and hard evidence showing the injuries you suffered and the money you will need to recover as fully as possible. This alone often wins our clients a substantial amount of money.
What will a personal injury lawyer cost me in Acworth?
At John Foy & Associates, we never ask our clients to pay out of pocket for our legal services. We simply don’t think it’s fair when you’re already struggling with an injury.
Instead, we have an easy and affordable payment system:
- Your first consultation with us is 100% free.
- If you hire us, we will not charge you anything out of pocket while we handle your claim.
- If we win money for you, we’ll collect our fees as a percentage of what you get.
This means we take the financial risk, and you don’t pay anything, ever, unless we are able to recover money for you.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Acworth, call 404-400-4000
Does Acworth have a deadline for filing a personal injury claim?
Yes. The City of Acworth must follow deadlines created by state and federal laws. Those deadlines aren’t one size fits all—they can vary depending on the exact circumstances of your injury. But the deadlines all have one thing in common. If you miss the deadline for filing a claim, it is unlikely that you will be able to recover any money for your injury.
Many cases must be filed within two years of the date you were injured, but some claims have a much shorter time limit—sometimes only a matter of weeks. To make sure you don’t suffer the harsh consequences of missing a deadline, it is important to consult with a personal injury lawyer right away.
Talk to an Acworth Personal Injury Lawyer for Free
At John Foy & Associates, we have a 20-plus year track record of helping injured people get the money they need. Having an experienced lawyer on your side can make all the difference, and we’d like to show you what we can do for you. Visit us for a free consultation and we’ll explain your rights and help you begin your claim. Call us at 404-400-4000 or fill out the form to your right and get your FREE consultation today.