Back injuries can wreak havoc on your life. The negligence of others can result in severe, permanent damage. If you or a loved one has experienced such an injury, contact a Union City back injury attorney at John Foy & Associates today.
We will aid you in investigating liability and can determine the type of settlement you may want to pursue. Working with insurance carriers can be arduous, so let us do it for you.
Back Injuries Happen in Seconds, But the Pain Can Last a Lifetime
Back pain can make it hard to work, do tasks around the home, to care for yourself and others for whom you are responsible. It can detract from the joy life should bring. Of course, medical care can help, but back issues can be severe and require quite a bit of recovery time.
The damage to the back and spine can often be life-altering and permanent. It is essential to contact a Union City back injury lawyer with John Foy & Associates if you feel that your quality of life has been altered.
An attorney with wisdom and experience can guide you through the process so you can be reimbursed for what the injury has taken from you. John Foy & Associates can provide you with an attorney who can prove negligence, if it exists, and will aid you in securing a fair settlement.
Get the strong arm
Union County Back Injuries and Recoverable Damages
There are five areas where damages can be recovered after an accident that results in a back injury. By contacting a back injury lawyer in Union County, GA, you can learn how to recover what was lost in the accident.
- Medical Bills After an accident, medical bills accrue very quickly, and they don’t seem to stop when back injuries are concerned. Whoever is liable for your accident should reimburse you for medical bills and prescription drugs and should be responsible for medical bills caused by the accident in the future.
- Loss of Earnings. After a back injury, you will likely miss work and, in turn, miss out on wages. When exploring damages you are owed, your back injury attorney in Union City will consider your current loss of wages and any future earnings loss.
- Physical Impairment or Disfigurement is the worst part of sustaining a back injury. Having your physical health and abilities stripped away will be foremost in finding economic justice for you.
- Pain, Suffering, and Mental Anguish are hard to quantify. An attorney from John Foy & Associates will understand your pain and be able to calculate a just settlement.
- Punitive Damages are sometimes awarded to a victim of negligence.
There are four elements to consider when proving negligence. Each one needs to be confirmed to gain financial compensation after an accident resulting in a back injury.
- It must be proven that there was a duty of care. This means that the victim was owed a particular obligation to the victim; this could be property or equipment maintenance.
- There must be evidence that the wrongdoer breached the duty. They knew a standard of duty was expected and failed to provide it.
- By breaching the duty of care, the victim sustained a back injury. Causation must be proved as well.
- We highlighted the fourth element above when we discussed damages. Proving damages is vital in making a case for negligence after an accident.
John Foy & Associates understand these elements. They know that monetary damages can help clients who have fallen victim to back injuries. And although they can’t restore the quality of life lost due to the injury, a financial reimbursement can aid in peace of mind in the future.
Steps to Take After a Back Injury in Union City
If you have suffered a back injury, it is essential to seek medical attention. Following the orders of your trusted medical professional should go without saying. Here are some suggestions from the National Library of Medicine.
- To reduce inflammation and swelling, stop regular physical activity for a few days immediately following the accident.
- Apply ice to the painful area for the first two or three days. After that, switch to heat.
- Anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen help with swelling. Acetaminophen can also help with the pain.
- Use a pillow or rolled towel to help with more comfortable sleep. Curled into the fetal position with a pillow between your legs may help. If you are more accustomed to sleeping on your back, a pillow under your knees may relieve some pressure.
- Give yourself six weeks off from doing the kinds of activities that could further injure your back. Avoid heavy lifting and twisting movements.
- Seek advice from a doctor and physical therapist before continuing your workout routine.
Types of Accidents that Result in Back Injury
Back injuries can happen in more ways than we can count. But, often, accidents happen due to the negligence of others. Here are a few examples of injuries that can occur.
- One of the most common routes to back injury is falling.
- Car accidents can result in back injuries as well.
- On-the-job accidents, often due to negligence, are common causes of back injury.
- Heavy lifting is known to cause lasting back pain. Force contributes to injury and pain.
- Equipment failure, mainly when the equipment is not well maintained, can cause severe back injuries.
- Sports injuries frequently result in back problems.
- Safety protocol is not being followed. Accidents can happen because proper safety education is not provided.
This list is by no means exhaustive. You or your loved one may have experienced a much different cause of injury. But rest assured that an attorney from John Foy & Associates will know how to best help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
You can expect to be treated respectfully while getting the help you need.
Call a Back Injury Lawyer in Union City Immediately
Reach out today to your Union City back injury attorney for answers to your questions and to begin work toward a generous and fair settlement for you.