Accidents that involve large commercial vehicles, such as busses, can result in catastrophic consequences, devastating injuries, and excruciating pain that will forever impact an individual’s ability to work, live their lives, and form and maintain relationships.
However, as a victim of this horrifying collision, you should not have to deal with these life-changing consequences on your own, especially if the accident was caused because of another person’s wrongful or negligent actions. Rather, if you or a family member have been harmed in a bus accident, you should reach out to an experienced Newnan bus accident attorney as soon as possible. You may be entitled to financial recovery for the losses and injuries you sustained, and these lawyers can help you fight for this compensation and the justice you deserve.
How to Know If You Have a Viable Legal Claim Following a Newnan Bus Accident
Unfortunately, being injured in a bus crash in Newnan is not enough to pursue monetary damages for the losses and damages you sustained. In truth, to hold another party liable for your injuries, you first need to show you have a viable cause of action. To do this, you would need to prove the following:
- The cause of the injuries:You would need to show that the injuries you endured were the direct result of a wrongful party’s negligent, reckless, or intentional actions.
- The severity of the Injuries:You would also have to prove the extent and the severity of the injuries that resulted from the bus accident.
- Time to file a legal claim: You need to show you still have enough time to file your legal claim in Newnan following the bus accident.
- Appropriate funds: Finally, you would have to establish that there is insurance money available that you can pursue or other avenues that will allow you to recover the money you need.
Fortunately, when you work with an experienced bus accident attorney in Newnan, these lawyers can review the facts of your case, determine if you have a viable claim, and help you figure out what your next legal steps should be.
to find a John Foy office near you
Types of Financial Damages You Can Pursue Following a Newnan Bus Accident
If you sustained severe injuries in a bus accident in Newnan because of another person’s wrongful actions, you may be entitled to certain types of compensation. In Georgia, this compensation includes both economic and non-economic damages related to the following losses:
- Medical bills associated with your hospital stay, emergency room visits, doctor visits, prescription medications, ambulance rides, and surgeries
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Personal property damages
- Replacement domestic services
- Rehabilitative services (occupational therapy or physical therapy)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Limb loss
Yet, because these damages include both easily measurable losses and subjective losses, which are harder to prove, it is important to work with an experienced bus accident attorney following your bus crash. These lawyers can not only review your claim in detail but can also figure out which of these damages apply to your case and help you pursue maximum compensation.
Newnan Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Liable Parties Following a Newnan Bus Accident
When it comes to a bus accident in Newnan, there are actually quite a few parties that can be held responsible for the collision, including:
- The at-fault bus driver
- The bus company
- The bus owner
- The manufacturers of faulty bus parts that caused the accident
- Maintenance companies, who are in charge of the bus’s overall condition
- Third parties, such as motorists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians
- Governmental entities in charge of road design and road maintenance
However, if you are not sure who or what caused your bus accident, it may be in your best interest to reach out to a knowledgeable Newnan bus accident attorney as soon as possible. Newnan bus accident lawyers can perform their own independent investigation following the collision, figure out who was responsible for your accident and injuries and make sure to hold these liable parties accountable for the damages you sustained.
Fight for the Damages You Deserve with an Experienced Newnan Bus Accident Attorney
To bring a successful legal claim following a bus accident, you not only need to have a thorough understanding of the state’s laws, but you also need to be able to provide strong legal arguments and relevant evidence proving your case. Yet, following this traumatizing collision, this is probably the last thing you want to worry about.
Fortunately, when you retain an experienced Newnan bus accident attorney to handle your case, you will not have to go after this compensation by yourself. Rather, a bus accident lawyer in Newnan can:
- Evaluate your case, determine its viability, and help you figure out which legal options you have.
- Investigate the bus accident and secure the evidence necessary to show what happened and who was at fault.
- Provide you with the legal support you need during this challenging time.
- Answer all the questions and concerns you have about your case and the legal proceedings involved.
- Make sure that legal documents and motions are prepared and submitted to the appropriate court before time runs out.
- Hire experts, such as doctors, accident reconstructionists, and financial specialists, to substantiate your claim.
- Handle all the negotiations and discussions with the other side and go after a fair settlement offer.
- Proceed to trial, and fight for maximum damages, if the other side is not willing to provide you with a fair settlement offer.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Newnan, call 404-400-4000
Contact John Foy & Associates Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If your life was disrupted because of a Newnan bus accident, do not wait to secure the legal help you need to fight for the compensation you are entitled to. Instead, contact John Foy & Associates today for a free case consultation and let our legal team show you how we can help.