Truck accidents in Riverdale can be devastating for other motorists involved. While the massive size and weight of most big rigs serve to protect the truck driver, these types of crashes can cause serious, potentially life-threatening personal injuries for you and your passengers. At John Foy & Associates, we help you get the compensation you need to recover.
A Riverdale truck accident lawyer is known as the Strong Arm throughout Georgia, providing the tough, trusted legal representation you need in filing a claim. We have 20 years of experience serving clients throughout the local community, and our top case results show more than $1 billion in jury awards and settlements. To get our team fighting on your side, contact or contact our office online today.
Common Types of Riverdale Truck Accidents You Can Sue For
Tanker trucks, tractor-trailers, construction vehicles, and other big rigs are massive machines weighing up to 80,000 pounds. Difficult to maneuver, even the slightest error or mishap can cause a truck driver to lose control, impacting nearby motorists. Among the most common types of truck accidents in Riverdale include:
- Head-on crashes: These frequently happen on highways and interstates and have a high potential for fatal injuries.
- Jackknife accidents: Triggered by truckers slamming on their brakes, these cause the truck trailer to ride alongside the cab.
- Sideswipe truck accidents: These can happen to motorists caught in large truck blind spots.
- T-bone crashes: Otherwise known as side-impact collisions, common in intersections.
- Truck rollover accidents: The massive height of most big rigs and the different types of cargo they carry make rollover truck accidents more likely to happen.
- Wide turn truck accidents: These crashes can impact motorists, bicyclists, or pedestrians on local roads and parking lots.
When these or other types of truck accidents in Riverdale happen, reach out to John Foy & Associates right away. Our legal team provides professional legal representation and protects your rights in filing a truck accident claim.
to find a John Foy office near you
Here Is What to Do If Injured in a Truck Accident
According to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, an average of more than 200 fatal truck accidents happen in Georgia each year. Thousands of other cases leave innocent drivers and passengers involved in these crashes suffering serious personal injuries. To protect your health and your rights in filing a truck accident claim in Riverdale, follow these steps in the immediate aftermath:
- Notify state highway patrol or the local police;
- Get contact and insurance information for the truck driver and the trucking company they work for;
- Get the contact information for any other motorists involved and witnesses at the scene;
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible for your injuries.
Follow your doctor’s instructions regarding follow-up care and activity restrictions. You are likely to be contacted by attorneys and insurance agents representing the truck driver and the trucking company in the days following. Contact a truck accident lawyer in Riverdale first before making any statements, signing any documents, or accepting any settlements.
Riverdale Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 404-400-4000
Our Riverdale Truck Accident Attorneys Hold Those at Fault Accountable
Truck accidents in Riverdale do not just happen. In most cases, it is the reckless and negligent actions of the truck driver, the company they work for, or others involved that are to blame. Based on reports from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), common causes include:
- Driver inexperience: A truck driver’s lack of knowledge or practice in maneuvering a big rig and responding to unexpected conditions puts other motorists at risk.
- Reckless driving: Common examples include speeding, driving distracted or under the influence, and aggressive behaviors, such as tailgating and failing to yield.
- Overscheduling: Not allowing for days off and unrealistic delivery schedules lead to a lack of sleep among truck drivers. This can cause the same types of impairments as driving while drunk.
- Uneven loading: This makes rollovers and other truck accidents more likely to happen.
- Lack of maintenance and defective parts: Tire blowouts, brake failures, transmission problems, and coupling issues are all common contributing causes in truck accidents.
Truck accidents are complex events. Determining how it happened and who is to blame can prove challenging. To hold those at fault accountable, get a truck accident attorney in Riverdale on your side.
Compensation Available in a Riverdale Truck Accident Claim
The negligence of others involved generally causes truck accidents in Riverdale. You should not have to pay out-of-pocket for losses you suffer as a result. At John Foy & Associates, we help you get the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to for the following:
- Current medical expenses
- Ongoing treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Future losses in earnings due to long term disabilities
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Loss of companionship or enjoyment in life
Punitive damages are also available under the Georgia Code (OCGA §51-12-5.1). An additional amount of up to $250,000 or more, these damages punish those at fault for particularly willful and negligent behavior.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Riverdale, call 404-400-4000
Request a Consultation with a Riverdale Truck Accident Lawyer Today
When truck accidents in Riverdale leave you or someone you love suffering serious personal injuries, John Foy & Associates helps you get the compensation you need to recover. As The Strong Arm in Georgia, we get big wins. We provide the respect and superior care you deserve, with no fee unless we win for you.
Call or contact a Riverdale truck accident lawyer online and request a consultation to discuss how we can help you today.