Motorcycle accident injuries can turn your entire life upside down. If you are dealing with significant financial losses, physical injuries, and psychological trauma following your collision, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
With help from a reputable Lilburn motorcycle accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates, you can figure out who is at fault for causing your bike accident and hold them accountable. Recover maximum compensation from your case. Do not hesitate to reach out to our office for a free consultation to find out how much your damages could be worth.
Do You Have Grounds for a Lilburn Motorcycle Accident Claim?
After your motorcycle accident, you may not be sure what your next steps should be. Although you may be anxious to hold a liable party accountable, contacting the attorney may seem like an extreme measure to take. However, when someone else is responsible for your damages, you should not be stuck covering the costs.
To have grounds for a motorcycle accident claim, there are several criteria that will need to be met. These include:
- Someone else must be responsible for causing your motorcycle accident.
- You must have suffered considerable damages as a result of your motorcycle accident.
Many people have concerns that their injuries are not severe enough to warrant legal action. However, as you can see, the type of injury you are diagnosed with will not have an impact on whether you have grounds for a motorcycle accident lawsuit. The best way to find out whether you have grounds for a claim is to contact your motorcycle accident lawyer in Lilburn for legal advice and support.
Get the strong arm
How Do Lilburn Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Motorcycle accidents can occur in a variety of ways. If you hope to get the most out of your claim, your motorcycle accident attorney in Lilburn will need to carefully evaluate the cause of your collision. This will help your attorney determine liability in your case.
With that in mind, motorcycle accidents can happen in endless ways, but some of the more common include:
- Defective vehicle parts – Defective and malfunctioning vehicle parts commonly cause motorcycle accidents. Some common parts that may be defective include steering columns, tires, fuel tanks, ignition switches, airbag inflators, and more.
- Negligent driving – Any type of unsafe driving could be considered negligence since all drivers owe other motorists and passengers on the roads a duty of care. Examples of negligent driving could include distracted driving, drowsy driving, failure to stop, failure to yield, failure to use a turn signal, speeding, following too closely, making an illegal turn, failure to hold your lean, and other traffic violations.
- Dangerous roads – When the roads are not safe for passengers and motorists alike, there is an increased risk of severe injury and death in a collision. Dangerous road conditions could include missing street signs or traffic lights, defective traffic lights, potholes, and unsecured road construction zones, to name a few.
These are only a few ways motorcycle accidents in Lilburn happen. If your motorcycle accident occurred in another way, you may still have the right to compensation. You could find out what your next step should be when you contact your attorney to discuss the specific details of your case.
Liability for Motorcycle Accidents in Lilburn
After suffering catastrophic injuries in a motorcycle accident, proven false will be essential. In fact, for many motorcycle accident victims, the only way to recover compensation for their damages is by showing that someone else is to blame for their injuries. With that in mind, your Lilburn motorcycle accident attorney will be responsible for conducting an in-depth investigation into the cause of your motorcycle accident. This way, we can gather the evidence needed to prove liability and negligence in your case.
The way in which a motorcycle accident occurred will give your attorney a better understanding of who is responsible for causing your injuries. For example, if your motorcycle accident was caused by dangerous road conditions, such as a traffic sign that was obscured by shrubbery that was not cut back properly, the government agency responsible for road safety and maintenance could be held accountable.
If your motorcycle crash was caused by a negligent driver, you may be able to hold that party accountable by filing a claim with her insurance company or bringing them to civil court. You can explore which legal options are best suited for your case based on who is responsible for causing your injuries once your attorney has completed their investigation into culpability in your motorcycle accident.
Recoverable Damages in Lilburn Motorcycle Accidents
In discussing the ways your life has been affected by your motorcycle accident, you may be shocked to learn that you have the right to be compensated for a variety of losses after your collision. You have the right to be repaid for every single loss you have suffered as a result of your motorcycle accident injuries.
Your Lilburn motorcycle accident attorney will go over your economic damages in detail and quantify your non-economic damages to ensure you are being compensated fairly for your suffering. Examples of recoverable damages in Lilburn motorcycle accident claims could include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Psychological distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical costs
- Damage to your professional reputation
- Difficulty maintaining relationships with family and friends
- Shame and humiliation
- Fear and anticipation
- Skin scarring
- Loss of household services
These are only a few of the types of damages that you could be compensated for following your motorcycle accident in Lilburn. To find out how much your case is worth, do not hesitate to go over your damages and extensive detail with your attorney so you can ensure every loss is accounted for.
Contact a Lilburn Motorcycle Accident Attorney for Help
Although your motorcycle accident injuries may be making it difficult for you to get back to your life, with help from an experienced Lilburn motorcycle accident lawyer at John Foy & Associates, you can maximize your compensation and get justice.
Start working on your insurance and civil claims as soon as today when you schedule your free consultation. Complete our secured contact form or call our office to find out more about what is next for your motorcycle accident lawsuit.